Would Daenerys find John Snow attractive?

CornCornSnow

You mean she doesn't love Stannis anymore? :(

Who, Dany? Are you being serious?

She definitely would. He has an enormous cock. Enough said.

I think you are mixing him up with Tormund.

On topic, Dany seems not to like calm, melancholic men dressed in black, but I guess at least one of them will fall in love with the other all the same because of the blus flower prophecy.

They're like two sides of the same coin to me. Different in every aspect, but if they'd only meet they couldn't live apart :cool4:

You think so? I am beginning to think that Jon would not stand her, for the reasons I mostly read on this forum, her endless titles, swooning over flamboyant sellswords etc.

You think so? I am beginning to think that Jon would not stand her, for the reasons I mostly read on this forum, her endless titles, swooning over flamboyant sellswords etc.

Either way - she seems wild. Jon seems to like wild girls that take what's theirs.

Who, Dany? Are you being serious?

On topic, Dany seems not to like calm, melancholic men dressed in black, but I guess at least one of them will fall in love with the other all the same because of the blus flower prophecy.

They are talking about Mel.

I don't think it's a given that one of them will fall in love with the other, but if the prophecy is indeed predicting it, wouldn't it make more sense if it were pointing towards Dany? Jon wouldn't make unwanted advances towards her, unlike Jorah, but I have trouble seeing how someone's unrequited feelings can be described as "sweetness". If Dany's prophecy is about love, it's more likely that she will fall in love with Jon (whether he returns her feelings or not) than just him falling for her.

I don't think it's a given that one of them will fall in love with the other, but if the prophecy is indeed predicting it, wouldn't it make more sense if it were pointing towards Dany? Jon wouldn't make unwanted advances towards her, unlike Jorah, but I have trouble seeing how someone's unrequited feelings can be described as "sweetness". If Dany's prophecy is about love, it's more likely that she will fall in love with Jon (whether he returns her feelings or not) than just him falling for her.

Probably you are right, yes, because the prophecy was shown to Dany.

I think the unrequited feelings count as sweetness too, really. When somebody falls in love, they feel sweetness before the pain if it is unrequited.

I think Dany would find him attractive. He is young, comely (if the reactions of Ygritte, Val and Alys are anything to go by) and in a postion of power (either as King in the North or as LC of the NW during an Others invasion). Most people seem to find him a little intimidating as well, even Mel who is quite scary herself. I think Dany would like that, it might remind her a little of Drogo.

As far as Jon liking her...what attracted him to Ygritte and to Val was their fierce, aggressive personalities. They had some fire to them, and Dany fits that mold as well. She's also been described as the most beautiful woman in the world, that can't hurt. I don't think he will care too much about her titles (which every monarch has) or abiltity to make a hat. Neither are deal breakers :P

1. The "endless titles" argument is something I will never understand. What's she supposed to do about it? "Oops, sorry, I have too many titles already. I better stop doing great things. I'll put my dragons up for adoption so people stop calling me the mother of dragons, and I'll put every freedman and woman back in bondage so that people stop calling me the breaker of chains and shackles."

2. "Swooning" over one flamboyant sellsword means Jon is going to suddenly turn all Nice Guy™/Jorah Mormont and start rolling his eyes at her? Most readers seem to agree that Jon is the most progressive male in the series with regards to views on gender, so it seems unlikely that he'd turn into a misogynistic Nice Guy™ and start whining about girls "swooning" over men they find attractive.

HBO's AGoT boss (or whatever he/she is called): "Look Emilia, how can you not find Kit cutely attractive?"

Seriously now (not that I wasn't being serious before), I don't care if Jon is handsome or not. He is such a great character that it's almost impossible to not fall for him, you know, that thing of the poor abandoned lad and his lonely direwolf. Maybe that's what got all the girls hooked. (well, his personality is what made him be my favourite character. Plus Ghost. Plus the Stark blood. Plus he chopping Slynt's head off).

And I think Melisandre is behind his stabbing because he refused to sleep with her and breed another freaking baby shadow.

PS: Don't take this seriously :P

HBO's AGoT boss (or whatever he/she is called): "Look Emilia, how can you not find Kit cutely attractive?"

Seriously now (not that I wasn't being serious before), I don't care if Jon is handsome or not. He is such a great character that it's almost impossible to not fall for him, you know, that thing of the poor abandoned lad and his lonely direwolf. Maybe that's what got all the girls hooked. (well, his personality is what made him be my favourite character. Plus Ghost. Plus the Stark blood. Plus he chopping Slynt's head off).

And I think Melisandre is behind his stabbing because he refused to sleep with her and breed another freaking baby shadow.

PS: Don't take this seriously :P

Women go rabid when Jon denies them the D.

Probably you are right, yes, because the prophecy was shown to Dany.

I think the unrequited feelings count as sweetness too, really. When somebody falls in love, they feel sweetness before the pain if it is unrequited.

Yeah, but those feelings are internal and the blue rose is feeling the air around it with sweetness, so it's Dany who experiences (smells) and describes it

And if we look from the side of the recipient, it's not sweet. Dealing with someone whose feelings you do not return is not exactly pleasant. At the very best, you only have to have a talk with them once, but then you have to witness their immediate reaction to the rejection, which can be awful in various ways.

Archived