Ponder this theory on Jon Snow's parentage...

davezenz

Wait a second Then when Ned found Lyanna she already gave birth to Jon and that means Jon was at least 9 months old right?So was Lyanna an open blood factory all that time?The bed of blood doesn't make any sense.

I'm probably missing something, but it's funny how it looks like you think people are born 9 months old LOL

• 2 years later...

Why would Eddard hide Jon from Robert? Well, like people have been saying: if Jon is Robert's and Lyanna's bastard, then Robert would likely legitimize him. What happens if Jon Snow becomes Jon Baratheon? Well, he will be older than Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella and legitimate issue himself. That will place Cersei's children behind Jon. Cersei and the Lannisters (Tywin) would not allow that to happen so an "unfortunate accident" may befall on Jon. Eddard knowing that the Lannisters massacred the Targaryens family, he may be protecting his nephew's life.

Why would Eddard hide Jon from Robert? Well, like people have been saying: if Jon is Robert's and Lyanna's bastard, then Robert would likely legitimize him. What happens if Jon Snow becomes Jon Baratheon? Well, he will be older than Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella and legitimate issue himself. That will place Cersei's children behind Jon. Cersei and the Lannisters (Tywin) would not allow that to happen so an "unfortunate accident" may befall on Jon. Eddard knowing that the Lannisters massacred the Targaryens family, he may be protecting his nephew's life.

I think 2 years, 4 days is the longest gap I've ever seen before someone revived a thread.

That's impressive you found it to be honest.

I think 2 years, 4 days is the longest gap I've ever seen before someone revived a thread.

That's impressive you found it to be honest.

I can dig deeper...

On one forum I saw thread revived after eleven years... 2004-2015...

The user who did it was awarded with "Golden Shovel" award by the community...

Jon Snows parentage is supremely clear and can be correctly surmised and has been correctly surmised from reading just the first book as confirmed by GRRM himself

Jon's parentage has been deduced for nearly twenty years, but many people are new to the books over the last five years or so, and some of them just can't make peace with the fact that it was already figured out a decade and a half before they started reading it.

Jon's parentage has been deduced for nearly twenty years, but many people are new to the books over the last five years or so, and some of them just can't make peace with the fact that it was already figured out a decade and a half before they started reading it.

I get the impression that there is going to be some people out there who will never accept R+L=J even it's confirmed in the book or by GRRM.

I get the impression that there is going to be some people out there who will never accept R+L=J even it's confirmed in the book or by GRRM.

They will probably claim that it's merely fanservice.

Archived