[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Episode 10 Preview

The one and only candidate for an early death is Hoster Tully. Everything fits: He dies in A Storm of Swords, we've heard on the show that he is ill, and since the siege of Riverrun's been lifted we're going to see the Riverlands lords before "King of the North!" I bet one of them tells Catelyn "My lady, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Lord Tully is dead." Having Hoster die early avoids the need to cast an actor with dialogue, and makes no change whatsoever to the story except for Lysa's abortion/"Tansy", which can be easily worked around.

I wonder if we will finally see this scene tonight?

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Gallery/Entry/2124/

hope it hasn't been cut from season 1 be cool to give the viewers some Stark family/Mad King back story. Maybe its a Jaimie flashback during the interrogation that's been moved to this episode.

Edit: In fact a Jaimie flashback would make sense since obviously he was there and if he is being interrogated by Catelyn who we all know was meant to marry Brandon he could mention his death and thus a flashback is shown filling viewers in on what went down and how the rebellion started.

Agreed about the Jaime flashback, and it would be a smart move considering the TV-only viewers. As for my friends who haven't read the books, they're always curious about how and why the rebellion started.

And I hope they didn't cut that scene from season 1 in the picture you're linking to.

Also agree with TMWNN, casting Hoster Tully is somewhat a waste of time and it wouldn't totally screw the story aroung the TV show.

The one and only candidate for an early death is Hoster Tully. Everything fits: He dies in A Storm of Swords, we've heard on the show that he is ill, and since the siege of Riverrun's been lifted we're going to see the Riverlands lords

before "King of the North!"

I bet one of them tells Catelyn "My lady, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Lord Tully is dead." Having Hoster die early avoids the need to cast an actor with dialogue, and makes no change whatsoever to the story

except for Lysa's abortion/"Tansy"

, which can be easily worked around.

Maybe I just don't get what we count as a spoiler here, being a new poster and all--but why put those things in spoiler tags but not the other spoilers in your post? Hoster Tully dying would also count as a spoiler, in my mind.

Maybe I just don't get what we count as a spoiler here, being a new poster and all--but why put those things in spoiler tags but not the other spoilers in your post? Hoster Tully dying would also count as a spoiler, in my mind.

You're right and I'm wrong. The thread is labeled Book/TV spoilers, so I didn't need spoiler tags at all, and have removed them.

Mark my words.

Greywind will die in tonight's episode.

But then that would eliminate horrific act of what was done with Robb and Grey Wind. It still makes me ill thinking of it.

The one and only candidate for an early death is Hoster Tully. Everything fits: He dies in A Storm of Swords, we've heard on the show that he is ill, and since the siege of Riverrun's been lifted we're going to see the Riverlands lords before "King of the North!" I bet one of them tells Catelyn "My lady, I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Lord Tully is dead." Having Hoster die early avoids the need to cast an actor with dialogue, and makes no change whatsoever to the story except for Lysa's abortion/"Tansy", which can be easily worked around.

True. They're already at Riverrun after all. We'll see in a few hours eh?

I really hope that shot turns out to be Robb cutting up something hopelessly mundane, like toast, or a piece of paper.

Okay, just saw on IMDB that Gerard Butler (yowza!) is credited as Stannis in this coming episode. Wow - could we really meet the eldest remaining Baratheon brother as a nice juicy tidbit to keep us drooling for next year?

Gotta admit, his handsomeness made me blink at first - never thought of Stannis as a handsome guy. But he's got the eyes for it, sure enough.

Oh damn. Now I *really* can't wait!!!

Okay, just saw on IMDB that Gerard Butler (yowza!) is credited as Stannis in this coming episode. Wow - could we really meet the eldest remaining Baratheon brother as a nice juicy tidbit to keep us drooling for next year?

Gotta admit, his handsomeness made me blink at first - never thought of Stannis as a handsome guy. But he's got the eyes for it, sure enough.

Oh damn. Now I *really* can't wait!!!

WTF - well that's a bolt from the blue, that casting definitely wasn't announced so I am rather skeptical... Is Stannis even in this one?

Or how bout Sam Rockwell as Jaquen H'hgar? For some reason I think he'd be perfect.

Ah, any Sam Rockwell would be great. He'd make a cool Davos. Strong for Stannis remains the fantasy though.

There have been changes I haven't liked so far and I am sure there will be many more to come. However, I have been very happy with the translation to television. The only thing that will sorely disappoint me is a fundamental change of the basic story.

It is a bit early to say that all of us are going to be sorely disappointed. I will check back in with you Sunday though ;)

You might not be, because you are a reasonable individual. :)

I'm seeing posts all over the place about people not watching the show any more because of this or that. That seems so silly to me. The show is still fantastic, even with changes from the book.

True Blood is a great example, they don't follow the books much at all and that show has a huge fan base (I personally don't watch it, but I know many people who love it)

I'm just concerned that people will abandon the show because of arbitrary reasons.

Archived