Preparing Ourselves for the Worst

Misanthrope

We've endured Ned's execution, the Red Wedding, the Sacking of Wintefell, and many of us have thrown the book across the room. The purpose of this thread is to come up with the absolute most horrid scenarios you can fathom, so when we do read the forthcoming novels we are ready for the worst. I'll give it my most pessimistic stab:

1) Jon and Sam are both assassinated by Faceless men.

2) Bran and his companions slain by the Others.

3) Rickon and Osha hunted down and killed by the Boltons.

4) Sansa is pushed out the moon door in one of Robert's tantrums.

5) Real Arya is killed, Ramsay claims Winterfell through fake Arya, the North bends the knee to Ramsay, Warden of the North.

- Seen from an other POV, Dany turns out to be every bit as crazy as Aerys (yes, Jorah said she looked much more like Rheagar than like Aerys, but he isn't really objective, is he?)

- Cersei is found not guilty, and Margeary is convicted.

- Euron steals Dany's dragons and conquers Westeros.

- Roose Bolton exterminates the Crannogmen on his way through the Neck.

- Not finding out what Brienne's last word was.

Across the narrow se Tyrion learns of the Dragons and travels to Mereen. He meets Dany and decides to use his unstoppable wit and charm to help her reclaim her rightful throne. They eventually get ships and get their unsullied army and the dragons aboard and on their way to westeros. They almost make it to Eastwtach when they are a attacked by a fleet of Greyjoy Krakkens. All the armies are sunk Dany barely swims to shore alive but Tyrion dies trying to save the Dragons who had been chained up. He only saves Drogon.

We've endured Ned's execution, the Red Wedding, the Sacking of Wintefell, and many of us have thrown the book across the room. The purpose of this thread is to come up with the absolute most horrid scenarios you can fathom, so when we do read the forthcoming novels we are ready for the worst.

I think it is extremely childish to rage whenever a "good guy" dies. (If you are actually a child, then I can understand your behavior, but I honestly think you should not read books like this). And throwing a book across a room is extremely bad manners.

For me, the worst scenario is that Dance will be just as bad as Feast was (it surely cannot be worse, after all :D). The worstestest scenario is that GRRM dies before he can finish the series.

I think it is extremely childish to rage whenever a "good guy" dies. (If you are actually a child, then I can understand your behavior, but I honestly think you should not read books like this). And throwing a book across a room is extremely bad manners.

For me, the worst scenario is that Dance will be just as bad as Feast was (it surely cannot be worse, after all :D). The worstestest scenario is that GRRM dies before he can finish the series.

Well, I didn't throw things, but I'm also not the kind of person to cry, but rather get angry. Either way, I am a person who will get emotionally involved with a good book. So after reading the Red Wedding, I had to put the book down and walk away for a while.

In any event, I can't think of anything that could happen that would make me do this. I'll be disappointed if nothing bad happens to Dany (still), but as for singular scenes...there just are not very many characters left that I care strongly for. With the exception of Arya. If something kills Arya, I'll be exceedingly pissed.

• Dany feeds Tyrion to one of her dragons

That would be awesome :D

I can hardly wait for the encounter of Dany and Tyrion.

"Who are you, little man?"

"I am the Little Lion of Lannister. My brother killed your father, my brother-in-law killed your brother, and my father killed your nephew and niece. By the way, kid, do you know where whores go?"

I was the only one in the room, so no one was there to be offended by my bad manners. I happen to like dark literature (Dostoyevsky and Faulkner are my favorite authors, but Ned's execution-->sacking of Winterfell-->Red Wedding was a frustrating hat trick even for me. Also there is a dash of tongue in cheek going on here, but apparently you didn't catch on. . .

Well, I didn't throw things, but I'm also not the kind of person to cry, but rather get angry. Either way, I am a person who will get emotionally involved with a good book. So after reading the Red Wedding, I had to put the book down and walk away for a while.

In any event, I can't think of anything that could happen that would make me do this. I'll be disappointed if nothing bad happens to Dany (still), but as for singular scenes...there just are not very many characters left that I care strongly for. With the exception of Arya. If something kills Arya, I'll be exceedingly pissed.

I didn't actually cry, but I was pretty angry. The Red Wedding felt like he was really just piling on.

All the remaining stark/snow kids being brutally murdered and, then having their corpses being savaged for sheer amusement, by sadistic familes such as the boltans, and freys.

Also I would hate it if walder frey just dies peacefully in his sleep. That despot needs to suffer. The sooner that happens the happier I'll be.

Littlefinger marries Sansa to Harry, has Harry killed and marries Sansa himself.

I don't need LF to die, but if he wins out like that...yeah, that might cause the first book toss of the series.

Ramsay the Great not being elected by popular acclaim as 1st Lord Protector of the North, Riverlands, Iron Islands, Stormlands, Westerlands, The Reach and Dorne.

This is after the great victory of his new model army defeats the others and the Targarygen threat.

Bad things:

•Petyr Baelish getting off free - I'm somewhat ambiguous about this one, because I love Petyr's character, but he did, y'know, murder Jon Arryn and start the War of the Five Kings.

•Arya or Sansa dying. Not that I don't love their characters, but there's been some level of potential foreshadowing for their deaths, so I'm prepared.

•Jon+Dany. In theory, it's an awesome pairing, except that she's his aunt. :P

Worst things that I could handle:

•Jon's death. I can see it happening, but I bloody hope that it won't.

•The Boltons and Greyjoys avoid justice.

•Brienne dies. If she died on that noose, and I've spent the past five years thinking that she hadn't, I'm going to be a tad annoyed.

•Catelyn not put to rest: Catelyn has already turned the BWB from an awesome group of knights into a bunch of pricks, so I hope that she dies for good, before she can do more harm.

•Dany's dragons are subverted. They won't die until Westeros, at least, but I bloody hope that they're not stolen.

•Tyrion or Jaime dying. I'm a fan of the Lannister boys, and I'd like to see them both live out the series.

GRRM just being sadistic:

•Bran or Rickon dying.

•No explaination of the Others. Why do they do this? Who is their god? What are their powers? Everything else in this series is richly detailed, and it would suck to have the others be only a mindless force for evil.

•Freys survive the series. Not after the Red Wedding, no way.

•The wolf does not return. If the north really is broken, and for good, then that'll just suck.

Mind numbingly terrible possibilities:

•The series is never finished.

•Greatjon Umbar is never seen again.

Archived