Preparing Ourselves for the Worst

Misanthrope

This would be an amazing ending. I think she has enough decency not to become the kind of queen who tortures and kills innocents for the fun of it, like Aerys or Euron, but I could imagine her retreating into paranoia, killing people she wrongly perceives as a threat and allowing the country to be run by her Hand (Tyrion). It would be very dark--all the other characters watching as she slowly disintegrates and knowing that as soon as she dies they'll have to face another civil war.

I personally wouldn't mind this ending for Dany. I never thought her character would survive the series. She's just the one who brings the dragons back to Westoros not rule it.

Drogo is the love of Dany's life and Ygritte for Jon.

For them to hook up would yes not only be cheesy but disappointing for a series that's been unpredictable since the start. Why should those two fall in love anyway?

Eh, it's not clear that Dany and Jon were any more than fond of their "firsts".

The main reason the Dany/Jon hookup seems inevitable is the vision of the blue rose growing in the wall of ice, which happens in conjunction with the prophecy of the 3 mounts. The blue rose is widely interpreted as referring to the Rhaegar/Lyanna romance (because he gave her blue roses), and the wall of ice, of course, represents the Wall. Ergo Jon = one of the 3 mounts, presumably the "one to love" if the order of the 3 visions correlates with the stated order of the mounts.

Other elements of foreshadowing include Jon's preference for fiery women and Dany's openness to incest.

I agree that a Dany/Jon hookup would be cheesy, but there aren't too many other guys who are in Dany's "league" and who are decent people.

Eh, it's not clear that Dany and Jon were any more than fond of their "firsts".

The main reason the Dany/Jon hookup seems inevitable is the vision of the blue rose growing in the wall of ice, which happens in conjunction with the prophecy of the 3 mounts. The blue rose is widely interpreted as referring to the Rhaegar/Lyanna romance (because he gave her blue roses), and the wall of ice, of course, represents the Wall. Ergo Jon = one of the 3 mounts, presumably the "one to love" if the order of the 3 visions correlates with the stated order of the mounts.

Other elements of foreshadowing include Jon's preference for fiery women and Dany's openness to incest.

I agree that a Dany/Jon hookup would be cheesy, but there aren't too many other guys who are in Dany's "league" and who are decent people.

I see what you mean.

Someone once told me that they like Jon and they like Dany. Together probably not. I'm in that camp. :)

No matter what happens in the book, I don't think I would want to throw it across the room. Did you guys see the size of that thing? Could have negative effects on walls and furniture. :P

It puts holes in Sheetrock... I know from firsthand experience.

The only deal breaker for me in this series is if the writing becomes uninspired and does not live up to what I have grown to love in the first three and a half books. (I say that because I still consider AFFC and ADWD to be the same book in reality). As was mentioned earlier in this thread, the emotional reactions that I get from reading the "horrible" things that happen make this series the most memorable books that I have ever read.

So bring it on... Arya can be dismembered by Theon Greyjoy while Bran is forced to watch. It is not that I do not care, or that I am not invested in this mind you, it is that I trust the author.

The only deal breaker for me in this series is if the writing becomes uninspired and does not live up to what I have grown to love in the first three and a half books. (I say that because I still consider AFFC and ADWD to be the same book in reality). As was mentioned earlier in this thread, the emotional reactions that I get from reading the "horrible" things that happen make this series the most memorable books that I have ever read.

So bring it on... Arya can be dismembered by Theon Greyjoy while Bran is forced to watch. It is not that I do not care, or that I am not invested in this mind you, it is that I trust the author.

You have a point, the great frustrations are also highly memorable, so it's a dual edged sword really.

You aren't alone. I've drawn that same line in the sand, and so has Parris for that matter.

Thank goodness... you don't think GRRM would do that to Parris... do you?

I don't know. Marriage changes people.

What if he leaves his socks under the coffee table and Parris yells at him, and he kills Arya out of spite?

Worst things that could happen for me personally...

Bran dying

Jaime dying (before at least the last book)

Sandor not coming back into the story

Boltons/Littlefinger not getting destroyed

I hope this isn't the case either. I really want Sandor to make a come back, too. :)

Arya dying

Dany never comes to westeros-I don't care how or if this great battle happens, she just needs to get there

Bran dying

Lannister comes out the winner

Never learn about jons parentage

Nymeria never comes back

The end of our great epic is typical and does not give me that GRRM feel

Arya and bran are my big please-don't-kills....they have a bigger purpose in this series that I can't wait to see what they are! Plus I love reading their pov chapters!

I don't know. Marriage changes people.

What if he leaves his socks under the coffee table and Parris yells at him, and he kills Arya out of spite?

That's freakin' hilarious! :lol:

Socks are the bane of my existence.

If I had an Arya to kill, I might have by now.

After years of wedded *bliss*

Parris might need to nag for a dead Arya to achieve a live one.

And various unwed, and thus unexpecting, boarders will lament Parris' betrayal with threads galore.

Archived