Preparing Ourselves for the Worst

Misanthrope

Ok here would be the mother of all nightmare endings:

Ramsay Bolton Warden of the North, Gregor Clegane Warden of the West, Robert Arryn Warden of the East, Westeros adopts Dornish law, Cersei sits the Iron Throne with Littlefinger as Hand.

Edited for further nightmare

Edited for further nightmare

I think you can take comfort that *cross-fingers* all these worst case scenarios are a big GAME OVER, unless they happen in the last half of the last book.

Gregor Clegane for Warden of the West

Truly a nightmare, considering he's now a headless armored animated corpse. Unless Qyburn sewed Senelle's head on for that androgynous "wait, is it a boy or a girl zombie?" effect.

I think you can take comfort that *cross-fingers* all these worst case scenarios are a big GAME OVER, unless they happen in the last half of the last book.

Truly a nightmare, considering he's now a headless armored animated corpse. Unless Qyburn sewed Senelle's head on for that androgynous "wait, is it a boy or a girl zombie?" effect.

Could be worse.

Joffery could make a come back.

1)arya is permanently blind.

2)the greatjon is freed by the blackfish, however the both die trying to escape the freys.

3)bran meets the three eyed crow and gets his legs back and becomes the Knight of Summer. then, his new legs are cut off in a fight against the others.

Taking into account only that which I think is legitimately foreseeable:

(1) Maggy the Frog's prophecy goes according to plan: Tommen dies, Myrcella is crowned and dies, Daenerys boots the Lannisters from power, then Jaime chokes Cersei to death. I don't so much mind the Daenerys part but everything else would come off as disappointing and predictable in a bad a way.

(3) ADwD ends with a series of cliffhangers like AFfC did followed by a greater than two-year gap before TWoW is published.

Jon lay in the snow, warily looking about for any foes that might come upon him so badly wounded. He couldn't stand - a wildling arrow had taken him in the leg, the other leg than the one injured at Queenscrown when he fled from Ygritte and the wildling invaders. His first injury had barely healed, and he had lost so much blood from his other recent wounds that even if he could make his feet he would swoon and fall again. Longclaw had been lost in the fighting, but he still had a dagger ready to fend off any attackers as best he could. He knew it would do little good against a white walker or even a wight, but he wouldn't just give up his life.

Something scraped against the ice to his left. He turned to see a small figure, bundled in furs, crawling along the ground. He was dragging himself along with his arms, as if his legs didn't work...

"Bran..." After so long... He knew that was Bran's wolf he saw in the storm at Queenscrown. His brother lived... but had he been hurt in the fighting? "Bran, are you alright?"

Bran looked up at the sound of Jon's voice... looked at him with bright blue eyes in his pale face. He dug twisted black fingers into the snow and dragged himself toward Jon.

"Not you, Bran..." Hot tears welled in Jon's eyes, but they quickly cooled and turned to ice as they ran down his face. The dagger fell from his numb fingers. Bran slowly advanced on him, grabbing his leg and dragging himself up. Then he grasped Jon's cloak and hauled himself over the black ringmail on his chest. Then the cold black hands, small but so strong, closed around Jon's throat...

The thing that has most interested me in Westeros has been the realism. I truly began to love the books on the day I read about Ned's decapitation. Nothing in the genre prepares us for such realism. As a result, I truly hope we lose another "good guy" or two and the line between good and evil amongst humankind continues to blur while the line between human/Other continues to stay solid. It is the best part of the books.

I have a Kindle, so I don't dare throw the book across the room, cause it might break :)

• Dany feeds Tyrion to one of her dragons
  • Arya is killed

I wish it ends up with Tyrion feeding Dany to her own dragons. But I agree on Arya. If Arya is killed, I will boycott the series. Lol! Oh, and about your Kindle, I dropped mine from my desk at work and it never turned on again. So yeah, throwing not recommended.

Jon lay in the snow, warily looking about for any foes that might come upon him so badly wounded. He couldn't stand - a wildling arrow had taken him in the leg, the other leg than the one injured at Queenscrown when he fled from Ygritte and the wildling invaders. His first injury had barely healed, and he had lost so much blood from his other recent wounds that even if he could make his feet he would swoon and fall again. Longclaw had been lost in the fighting, but he still had a dagger ready to fend off any attackers as best he could. He knew it would do little good against a white walker or even a wight, but he wouldn't just give up his life.

Something scraped against the ice to his left. He turned to see a small figure, bundled in furs, crawling along the ground. He was dragging himself along with his arms, as if his legs didn't work...

"Bran..." After so long... He knew that was Bran's wolf he saw in the storm at Queenscrown. His brother lived... but had he been hurt in the fighting? "Bran, are you alright?"

Bran looked up at the sound of Jon's voice... looked at him with bright blue eyes in his pale face. He dug twisted black fingers into the snow and dragged himself toward Jon.

"Not you, Bran..." Hot tears welled in Jon's eyes, but they quickly cooled and turned to ice as they ran down his face. The dagger fell from his numb fingers. Bran slowly advanced on him, grabbing his leg and dragging himself up. Then he grasped Jon's cloak and hauled himself over the black ringmail on his chest. Then the cold black hands, small but so strong, closed around Jon's throat...

Woe to GRRM if that happens.

Ros sleeping with Jon

Oh my god, I laughed so hard when I read this! This might kill half the readership. Ros appearing as a character in ADwD and sleeping with Jon.

Realistic worst-case scenarios:

Dany gets kidnapped by Euron, who forces her to marry him and surrender her dragons. Then he spearheads the most brutal war of conquest that Westeros has ever seen.

The FM assign Arya to kill some character that we like (Dany, Jon, who knows). She does and dies in the process or is executed.

Sandor gets over his anger management issues and tracks down Sansa, determined to give up fighting and live a quiet life. But circumstances force him to fight one more battle and he dies.

Brienne dies unappreciated at the hands of Stoneheart.

Archived