ADWD coming early?

Lord of Nothing

Just a quick, random question: on my order history screen, I just noticed that it says:

"One order in the past 30 days, abandoned"

Is anyone else seeing the word "abandoned"? What does that mean exactly?

Unless you have ordered something in the last few days it doesn't mean anything. I had the same thing and I just went to the books page and then it said I had ordered it.

If I preodered it will I get it on the 12th? cause Amazon said it was shipping on the 12th.

Are you sure by "Wird für Versand vorbereitet" you didn't mean "Versand in Kürze"?

Oh sorry, "Wird für Versand vorbereitet" is pretty much "Versand in Kürze" I just didn't remember the line correctly.

It means they didn't cancel the order nor did they push it back to July. So if you're lucky they are in the process of shipping it right now.

Also is it possible we are all obsessing a bit too much? Yes. Do I care? No.

Word! ;)

If I preodered it will I get it on the 12th? cause Amazon said it was shipping on the 12th.

I am afraid they probably just shipped Express / Prime orders today. Not the regular preorders. I had also placed a preorder and it was pushed back. The express order that I placed today was shipped.

Regarding spoilers:

We will make room for spoiler threads for those who get it earlier than the 12th. Penalties for so much as hinting at a spoiler outside of that thread or threads will be harsh -- suspension until August 12th, with permaban for anyone who attempts to circumvent said suspension by creating an alternate account.

I may shift the ADwD forum (which will, on the 12th, become an archive and be replaced with a fresh forum) to being mod-approval for topics. This will certainly mean a delay in topic approvals, as I'm not subjecting the other mods to having to go through and possibly spoil themselves on titles.

Regarding spoilers:

We will make room for spoiler threads for those who get it earlier than the 12th. Penalties for so much as hinting at a spoiler outside of that thread or threads will be harsh -- suspension until August 12th, with permaban for anyone who attempts to circumvent said suspension by creating an alternate account.

I may shift the ADwD forum (which will, on the 12th, become an archive and be replaced with a fresh forum) to being mod-approval for topics. This will certainly mean a delay in topic approvals, as I'm not subjecting the other mods to having to go through and possibly spoil themselves on titles.

Permaban. Cool word, heh heh...

Just curious, will you then archive the spoiler threads on the 12th, much as you did when some HBO viewers were able to view an episode a week early?

Damn you, Amazon! I ordered in January. 2009. And that was a reorder, because I switched to the US/Bantam version, due to an imo better cover, at that point. My original order was somewhere in 2007 I think. And now they're preparing it for shipping (options to cancel the order aren't aviable anymore), but the date still says July, 12th. RRRWHAAAAA. As soon as I see some pictures from anyone of you guys actually having the book via amazon order, im going to send an angry email, asking for gifts and money and stuff... still, I would prefer the book :bowdown:

I'm going to just quote this, and boldface the important bits.

Regarding spoilers:

So strange, I came across this listing at eBay (U.S.) which offers immediate UPS shipping. It lists the publishing date as 2010, and the publisher as Spectra. Now, this being eBay :rolleyes: one would suspect some sort of scam, but this seller has over a thousand positive feedbacks, perfect record. I sent the seller an inquiry asking about it a few minutes ago, and will update here if and when I hear back. Strange... And, what's with that green cover?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dance-Dragons-George-R-R-Martin-2010-Ha-/190549335171?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5da01c83

Hm, I feel conflicted now. Apparently I will be getting my copy of ADWD tomorrow or on Wednesday, but I'm not finished with my reread yet (in fact I'm just about to start AFFC). I wonder if I will be able to resist skipping ahead :D

small 'mom and pop' book stores could easily have copies in. who's going to track them down and stop them from selling some copies on the side through ebay?

But what's with a 2010 pub date? And what I think is an old (discarded?) cover.

ETA: I answered my own question, about the cover anyway. It says 'stock photo,' so the seller just used one of those. Still wondering about this listing, though. Haven't heard back from the seller yet but will update here when I do.

But what's with a 2010 pub date? And what I think is an old (discarded?) cover.

ETA: I answered my own question, about the cover anyway. It says 'stock photo,' so the seller just used one of those. Still wondering about this listing, though. Haven't heard back from the seller yet but will update here when I do.

I wouldn't buy it. I tried buying The Way of Kings on ebay from a similar looking seller because they showed an earlier release date and I thought it might be an ARC, but they ended up just pushing the date back to the regular one.

I wouldn't buy it. I tried buying The Way of Kings on ebay from a similar looking seller because they showed an earlier release date and I thought it might be an ARC, but they ended up just pushing the date back to the regular one.

I just heard back from the seller that this listing is to pre-order, no explanation about why the listing says delivery between June 30 and July 7. But then again, this is ebay.

:rolleyes:

Archived