Are you bias toward certain states?

Colder Hands

Wow. Things must have changed. My oldest brother graduated from Notre Dame in 1986. Back then they had a rule of thumb about finding attractive ladies on campus: "If they are good looking, they don't go here."

Hey, I could be way off base here. I only knew a few Notre Damers when I lived in Bloomington but each was ridiculously attractive to the point I assumed they sprung into existence due to the magic of Touchdown Jesus...or something. I don't know. I'm not religious.

You need to spend some time in Tempe.

And yeah, I've heard all about ASU. SEC schools too.

But fuck, something about a hot, smart coed. And I hear the one at ASU is taken. :worried:

This. And just like that, I forgive you again.

I have a prejudice toward people from upstate New York. They are all over DC like an infestation of faux-shoddy loafers topped with prep school t-shirts. They say things like "I'm from the country." Ha! Country! Guess what? "Country" is actually, in some parts of the country, not real estate code for acerage with 4000 sq ft on it. And yes, I get it, the were (gasp) poor(ish) people in the same county. Wow, you really are a man of the people! They are destined to marry girls with horn-rimmed glasses who read Sylvia Plath and experimented with lesbianism as Wellesley.

I fully understand that I am friendly with a few people here who fall into this group, and I just want to take a second to say that I'm not even primarily thinking of you. It's that bad. Except the flipping sailboat. Come on.

Two things:

1) Much of upstate New York really is incredibly poor, especially outside of the "cities"; we're talking massive unemployment, high per capita meth lab rates. It also is very rural; here's amap. Notice the large swaths with less then 25 people/sq mile. By contrast the US average is 87 people/sq mile.

2) Stop making fun of me for the sailboat.

Anyway, I gotta say I'm really not a fan of NH. It's like the relative that the rest New England doesn't like to talk to about much. If I fall asleep on a road trip in New England when I wake up I can always tell if we're in NH because the houses are always more rundown, the roads not as well maintained/plowed in winter, and a lack of businesses outside of liquor stores and firework stands.

Anyway, I gotta say I'm really not a fan of NH. It's like the relative that the rest New England doesn't like to talk to about much. If I fall asleep on a road trip in New England when I wake up I can always tell if we're in NH because the houses are always more rundown, the roads not as well maintained/plowed in winter, and a lack of businesses outside of liquor stores and firework stands.

Dude, Maine is way more creepy/rundown/dying than NH.

Dude, Maine is way more creepy/rundown/dying than NH.

Tbh I rarely get up to Maine that often. I thought Canada had absorbed it into Newfoundland years ago.

Tbh I rarely get up to Maine that often. I thought Canada had absorbed it into Newfoundland years ago.

Ha, take that New Brunswick!

I'd also nominate some parts of Western Mass for the crappiest part of New England contest. Oh, and Hartford. Is there anything good about Hartford?

In fairness, killer clowns...

If you spend enough time going around Maine (especially outside their metro areas) you'll get a pretty fucking good idea of why Stephen King writes the shit he writes.

If you ever find yourself in the area (not likely, I know) check out the Doll Circus at the Bryant Stove Museum. However creepy the video on that site is, it's 1000x more when you see it in person.

If you ever find yourself in the area (not likely, I know) check out the Doll Circus at the Bryant Stove Museum. However creepy the video on that site is, it's 1000x more when you see it in person.

Cute picture of the couple who run the place on the top right. Very mom and pop.

I'm going to feel just terrible when Gram and Gramp come alive and kill them in their sleep.

There's an old saying about the admission process at ASU. I involves holding a mirror in front of the applicant's face to see if fog appears...

:lol:

Hey, I could be way off base here. I only knew a few Notre Damers when I lived in Bloomington but each was ridiculously attractive to the point I assumed they sprung into existence due to the magic of Touchdown Jesus...or something. I don't know. I'm not religious.

I was homeless in Bloomington for a while. But you're a long ways from Notre Dame down there. IU is in Bloomington.

Speaking of...Arizona is not getting nearly enough hate in this thread.

The demigod that is Tormund is powerful protection.

Can the thread starter or anyone else change the title so it's grammatically correct? It makes my eyes bleed every time I look at it. I've tried to be easy going and ignore it, but it won't go off the front page. AAGAHGGH

I was homeless in Bloomington for a while. But you're a long ways from Notre Dame down there. IU is in Bloomington.

Oh, I know. I did a grad program at IU-Bloomington. But other people in my (and other grad programs) did their undergrad at Notre Dame so got to know them that way.

The demigod that is Tormund is powerful protection.

When I was in fourth grade we had to do a presentation on the state of our choice. My first choice was Colorado but my asshole friend David got to pick first and he got it. My second choice was Arizona which I got. We had to make food from that state and give to the class. I made chips and salsa.

That was pretty much the high point in my love/hate relationship with Arizona.

When I was in fourth grade we had to do a presentation on the state of our choice. My first choice was Colorado but my asshole friend David got to pick first and he got it.

Hey, same with me; same grade and I did Colorado with my best friend. All I remember is creating a poster of its flag and a paper mache Pike's Peak. I'd forgotten all about that!

I should have some kind of disdain for West Virginia, because honestly, not too many states that Kentucky can look down on, but I love their gold domed capital building and mountains.

Hey, same with me; same grade and I did Colorado with my best friend. All I remember is creating a poster of its flag and a paper mache Pike's Peak. I'd forgotten all about that!

Jealous.

Archived