The Wedding At The Twins

Lucreel

I wonder how are they going to portray this scene in the series (I just hope they won't add it in the 2nd season)!

I was crushed and I was depressed for a few hours ... days.

I think that viewers who love the series but haven't read the books (if there are any left who haven't started the books by then!), by the time season 3 airs (it would be impossible to add it in the second season...), will be shocked even more by the Red Wedding... Just imagine all those stuff depicted on tv. Add to this that we will be seeing much more of Robb in the series (well, more comparing to the books that is), the Red Wedding will be the ultimate shock. I can already see people getting distressed and all, crying, threatening that they will quit watching the show and stuff. :P

PS - On the other hand, it will be difficult to watch for us too, knowing what's coming...

I think that viewers who love the series but haven't read the books (if there are any left who haven't started the books by then!), by the time season 3 airs (it would be impossible to add it in the second season...), will be shocked even more by the Red Wedding... Just imagine all those stuff depicted on tv. Add to this that we will be seeing much more of Robb in the series (well, more comparing to the books that is), the Red Wedding will be the ultimate shock. I can already see people getting distressed and all, crying, threatening that they will quit watching the show and stuff. :P

PS - On the other hand, it will be difficult to watch for us too, knowing what's coming...

GRRM said in an interview at Comicon that he wanted to make sure to be somewhere off in another country that doesn't have TV when the RW episode airs because the fans will be so upset. I hadn't gotten that far in the book yet, so I knew that there was some awful event coming up (of course he didn't spoil what "RW" meant). You're right, though; I'm sure it will still be painful for us, too!

I just can't wait to see Walder Frey (David Bradley) Be way too nice to Robb and getting that feeling of unease, even though I already know what's going to happen I'll be biting my knuckles all the way through.

I had skimmed the next couple of chapters and saw that a lot of them were with Arya and Catelyn, so I was convinced that they were going to be reunited and the chapters were leading slowly up to that. As soon as Catelyn grabbed that arm and she felt the Chainmail underneath I was devastated. I read through that chapter faster that I've read anything in my life, in a state of disbelief.

Guest right or no, I still would have been wondering why only the major Lords, Robb, Edmure and Catelyn were allowed in the feast room.

All their bannermen were left outdide, segregated into three pavillions, alone.

Grey Wind had to stay away.

Seriously, I knew of the Red Wedding ages ago, and put it all together when the Hound took Arya towards the Twins.

And the weather told signs too.

All in all I thought GRRM would never be so "happy" in his storytelling to have Arya and Starks reunite.

And the next Arya chapter that concluded with

"and the axe took her in the back of the head" - I thought surely Arya has not been killed right?

Luckily I was spared that.

Yeah in hindsight I was kicking myself for not noticing the signs, I guess I just have too much faith in the author to not let such terrible things happen so many times in the series :P

If I was asked to sum up the series so far it would be: Nothing goes according to plan

The Red Wedding was obvious right from the start, the problem with it was you hoped beyond hopes that it wouldn't happen. the only thing about it i wasn't expecting and was truly appalling was desecrating robbs body and Grey Winds body.

I read this elsewhere so I won't take credit for it, but thought I'd post it here in case it wasn't common knowledge.

When the two young Walder Freys were wards at Winterfell, they played a game called "Lord of the Crossing," where they would put a log over a stream or body of water, and one of them would stand in the middle and guard the crossing. The other would make oaths to try and secure passage. If he used the word "mayhaps" in their oath it didn't count, so the goal of the game was to sneak in the word mayhaps without the other one noticing.

So what does Lord Walder say when Catelyn asks him for some food when they arrive (and implicitly his protection under his roof as his guests)?

"Food, heh. A loaf of bread, a bite of cheese, mayhaps a sausage."

I read this elsewhere so I won't take credit for it, but thought I'd post it here in case it wasn't common knowledge.

When the two young Walder Freys were wards at Winterfell, they played a game called "Lord of the Crossing," where they would put a log over a stream or body of water, and one of them would stand in the middle and guard the crossing. The other would make oaths to try and secure passage. If he used the word "mayhaps" in their oath it didn't count, so the goal of the game was to sneak in the word mayhaps without the other one noticing.

So what does Lord Walder say when Catelyn asks him for some food when they arrive (and implicitly his protection under his roof as his guests)?

"Food, heh. A loaf of bread, a bite of cheese, mayhaps a sausage."

I noticed that too when I was reading it and thought about the game. I noticed other of the Frey's saying it and thought it had some significance. It still might, but I've noticed a lot of other people using the word too that now I wonder if it isn't just a normal word people use.

I noticed that too when I was reading it and thought about the game. I noticed other of the Frey's saying it and thought it had some significance. It still might, but I've noticed a lot of other people using the word too that now I wonder if it isn't just a normal word people use.

That would be a real sneaky way of trying to justify their actions, at this point though i don't think the rest of Westeros cares. They all consider the Freys treacherous evil pieces of garbage that need to be tied to the end of horses and dragged to their death THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

I actually didn't recall the game the two freys used to play, but somehow I still noticed the "mayhaps" because it stood out in some way. That's actually a really clever hint from GRRM, but I'll have to read up on the part about the prophecy from the house of the undying.

I actually didn't recall the game the two freys used to play, but somehow I still noticed the "mayhaps" because it stood out in some way. That's actually a really clever hint from GRRM, but I'll have to read up on the part about the prophecy from the house of the undying.

It's a pretty blatant sequence of foreshadowing. Dany comes upon a room that is a feast full of slaughtered guests, complete with hacked off limbs and blood and bits everywhere.

At the head of the table sits a man with a wolf's head and a crown.

Nobody thought it would be such a literal prophecy, though.

That was what shocked me. At first, I was furious when I read that the vile Frey's had befouled the corpses of Robb and Grey Wind in such a literal manner. Then... I went back and read the passage about Rhaegar and the prince that was promised to ascertain if it too should be literally interpretted. If so, Aegon may be alive and the third head of the dragon!

The dragon has three heads and Aegon could still be the prince that was promised. Of course in AFFC

Maester Aemon believe he and Rhaegar were incorrect about the prophecy and the Dany is the prince that was promised because dragons are gender neutral so the prophecy should be interpretted neutrally as well. Who knows... I hope Aegon is alive regardless if he is the prince that was promised. That would be a great twist.

Wow.. every time I start to really get attached to a character GRRM decides to kill them off. Heartless..I know the fact that no one is safe in the series is unique and one of the things that make the series stand out, but give me a break.

I just finished the chapter..called my girlfirend and told her I'm done with this shit. That I won't read anymore. She laughed and said you said you won't watch it when they killed Ned yet you kept watching and bought the books..BUT THIS TIME I WON'T GO ON!!!

Ok I will. Only to see how can G.R.R.M manage to continue to play the game. Since he just destroyed all hopes of North winning, he really has to have something planned. You can't pull this stunt unless you have something planned for whats to come.

Such a shocking thing it was, when they cut through Robb's heart, and foolishly I thought "noo another unexpected death!" and was busy feeling sorry, never thinking Catelyn won't make it either. Not until the last sentence - I'm naive like that. And than that last sentence came, "..its bite was red and cold."..damnit.

My guess is now comes the time where we see the Hound being heroic and saving Arya..how? Hell where can Arya even go now? Riverrun maybe.. but I'm sure Edmure is dead too. A HA, probably Blackfish will become the Lord of Riverrun now start to kick some ass...hope so.

Also reading people thinking Catelyn was boring /deserved it etc is shocking too, she was one of my favourite POVs, but so far it looks like I don't share people's favourite characters. I never understood whats so great about Tyrion, he always seemed predictable and boring for me, also a character that is planned to be "cool" and "be loved" by readers/ watchers, whenever I get that feeling I start to dislike it..

Oh, and about my dreams of Robb becoming a POV character later on..time to grow up .

Oh, and about my dreams of Robb becoming a POV character later on..time to grow up .

:lol: I also had this expectation/hope about Robb becoming a POV character in the future books, imagined about his future battles with Grey Wind by his side, struggling to keep the North together and all, meeting Daenerys and perhaps falling heroically in a battle... BUT, this is George R.R. Martin we are talking about. :PP

I read somewhere else that many people believe Roose Bolton was the man in the dark armor and pink cloak who actually kills Robb. Anyone here in that camp?

I am. I believe (please correct if wrong) that when Jaime left the Harrenhal with Qyburn to return to kings landing he says to Roose "Give Robb Stark my regards", rather off-handedly.

The man in the pink robe who stabs Robb through the heart says " Jaime Lannister sends his regards"

Archived