If Jaqen H'ghar let you choose 3 characters lives...

Bride of Fire

If I had to pick at the time of Arya:

Frey

Bolton

Joffrey

-This would likely save Robb and Cat

As of now (I have not finished ADWD) I'd say...

Qyburn, just to spite Cersei and make her more hopeless while hostage in that church

Doran Martell (because I got pissed off at what happened to Arianne while taking Myrcella, "Queen her, I say!")

Damphair, and while at it, kill all the ironborn, they are boring.

#1 - Dany. Without question, take her out. That would free up room for more Tyrion chapters as well, so it's a double bonus.

#2 - Joffrey. He has always annoyed me. (Based on where Jaqen appeared in the book)

#3 - Ser Amory Lorch. He killed Yoren...

If I could choose non-people I would make it easy and choose Dany's three dragons. That's where her only power lay at that point.

• 2 months later...

Off the bat...

1. Walder Frey - Piss on you.

2. Ramsay Bolton - I hated Theon but you're just... you.

3. Dany - it takes away half of the story, but really, you're a self-loving b*tch.

Obviously, I have a high level of justice. Dany just really pisses me off.

Walder Frey - for being him, and so that entire Twins region and extended overpopulated, over concentrated family can EXPLODE into chaos.

Ramsay Bolton - But I have the feeling that Roose will do us a solid on this one. Or Jon (wink) will settle up next book.

Cersei - I thought she was done, but before her comeuppance she put UnGregor in motion for the next book. She's just gotta go.

*There's others, but these are my list right now.

At the end of A Game of Thrones

Sansa and Arya- then the Lannisters wouldn't have any hostages and so Jaime would die.

Joffrey- insolent little shit.

At the end of A Clash of Kings

Tywin Lannister

Roose Bolton

The Old Frey

At the end of A Storm of Swords

Brienne- boring old bitch

Euron

Tommen- bit harsh, but he is still a Lannister.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Walder Frey

2. Balon Greyjoy

3. Roose Bolton

This should reduce the chances of Frey treachery, possibly lead to strife within that house. Nothing like the RW would be likely to happen. The death of Balon might increase Theon's odds of convincing house Greyjoy to launch an attack on Lannisport as an ally of the North Kingdom rather than raiding the coast.

With Roose Bolton Robb would lose a capable commander, it's true, but Ramsay Bolton would be revealed for who he is a lot sooner and I think that would be the end of any schemes from that house.

If Robb would manage to strike an alliance with the Greyjoys and would be able to keep his own ranks tight, Tywin Lannister (as probably the most influential Lannister, whoever's on the Iron Throne) would have no choice but to make peace with the North Kingdom. That would give King Robb the opportunity to strengthen his hold on the north and help the Night's Watch prepare for the invasion of wildlings and Others.

Other candidates:

Cercei Lannister - Removing her would actually strengthen House Lannister. Either Tywin or Kevan would take charge. A strong leader in King's Landing, especially one at peace with the North Kingdom, would probably mean more reinforcements for the Wall.

Jeyne Westerling - If not for her Robb wouldn't have angered the Freys and his alliance might have held.

Of course, perhaps Westeros simply needs dragons to take on the Others and the only way to get Draenerys there alive is if the realm is weak and splintered. In that case we should be looking at killing off the biggest factors of stability:

Rob Stark (Arya might not agree here)

Tywin Lannister

Kevan Lannister

Incidentally these people already appear to be dieing in ASOIAF anyway. And if Tywin dies too soon.. Stannis might win King's Landing.. and if we kill Stannis (or Melissandra), Renly probably wins King's Landing in his stead.. Tricky one!

Archived