The most handsome actor in the series "Game of Thrones"

julandro

I couldn't believe that I hated the younger male actors of GoT!! since Im 19 and I like men around my own age but for me the hotties of the show were the older actors

I liked NCW and specially Iain Glenn as Jorah, I mean he has the "ultimate GoT hottie" title in my book (ugly Jorah mental image has been permanently replaced), although I remember him from movies like Tomb Raider and some of the Resident Evil films, I've even seen him recently on Downton Abbey and the effect just wasn't the same, I guess its the beard+yellow shirt+saying a lot with the eyes that did it for me.

As for the girls the beauty queens were Sophie Turner and Lena Headey.

I couldn't believe that I hated the younger male actors of GoT!! since Im 19 and I like men around my own age but for me the hotties of the show were the older actors

I'm smack in the middle between the younger and the older so there's no one "for me" but I have to say IA.

Although maybe a sign of my middleness is that I'm torn between Richard Madden and Iain Glen for the hottest award. Maybe it's just the scots that doit for me.

I liked NCW and specially Iain Glenn as Jorah, I mean he has the "ultimate GoT hottie" title in my book (ugly Jorah mental image has been permanently replaced), although I remember him from movies like Tomb Raider and some of the Resident Evil films, I've even seen him recently on Downton Abbey and the effect just wasn't the same, I guess its the beard+yellow shirt+saying a lot with the eyes that did it for me.

QFT.

I think it's the stubble. I agree, I don't like Iain Glen in anything when he is cleanshaven, esp Downton Abbey, the effect is somehow lost. You might enjoy the new Irish Mystery series he's in, where he looks very Jorah-ish, because it was filmed at the same time as GOT.

I DO wonder if I have a thing for beards though all of a sudden, as I am extremely drawn to the interviews I have seen with both NCW and Renly's actors in beards. Woh. They look about 1029302940129x hotter than season 1.

As for the girls the beauty queens were Sophie Turner and Lena Headey.

BFT.

Sophie is GORGEOUS. :bowdown:

I DO wonder if I have a thing for beards though all of a sudden, as I am extremely drawn to the interviews I have seen with both NCW and Renly's actors in beards. Woh. They look about 1029302940129x hotter than season 1.

Beards and stubbles, that can be tricky some faces are just not made for them, while those that can pull it off get a hotness bonus. You've made me realize that I may have a thing for them too, once Im done with my damned exams and I get my life back I'll be a good fan and check for interviews and new series :D (I couldnt wait...)

On the Sophie Turner topic, hard to believe she's about the same age as Maisie Williams

My husband is pretty obsessed with the actress who plays Daenerys, all the more so when he saw her with her natural hair color, and I have to grant him that she's hot stuff. He similarly drools whenever Cersei comes on screen, while I think she's attractive I don't quite get that crush.

The girl playing Sansa is lovely, although I honestly envisioned Sansa being curvier (more like HBO-Dany, tbh) and Daenerys being skinnier (Tamzin was a pretty good representation of how I imagined her). But she is still a beautiful girl -- that being said, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. The most attractive person in the world is a very subjective thing.

The only problem with young Miss Turner is that I visualize Sansa in A Game of Thrones as being three or four years more slender and childish. Sophie Turner was what, 14 or 15 when she filmed the first season, and looked mature for her age. I have the feeling that in a year, she's going to look 20 and be playing a 14-year-old.

I visualized Daenerys as a small, slender girl. Emilia Clarke is a curvy young woman. She does a good job as Daenerys; but she's definitely more junoesque on camera, especially if you look at her profile. Still, a fine actress. I have trouble with Lena Headey, but that's because they've softened the character in the writing. I hate some of the hairstyles they came up with for Sansa and Cersei, they are unattractive and unreal-looking.

As to the gentlemen....Eugene Simon as Lancel - when I saw him mostly nude in that one scene, far from being excited, I felt pity; he looked like he was starving - arms like twigs. Somebody please feed the child! (I have no idea how old the actor is, but he looks like he's 15 and has a soft, androgynous look, and needs food!)

Richard Madden is not ugly, but does only slightly more for me than the actor playing Theon, which is not much. They do seem like quite competent actors. Kit Harrington? With the pouty lips and mop of curls, he doesn't remind me of the book's description of Jon Snow. Not ugly, but not terribly attractive to me, either.

When Sean Bean was in his 20's, he was gorgeous. Alas, he's not aging terribly well. Didn't matter though; he was very much Ned Stark in the TV series.

Handsomest guys:

1. Tie between Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo and Harry Lloyd as Viserys. Two very different types of men, but both are easy on the eyes.

2. actor who plays Benjen Stark - can't remember his name, but I liked his face.

3. Iain Glenn; very very nice!

4. Joe Dempsie (Gendry) - young, and smoldering hot!

5. Peter Dinklage - a little cuter on the show than in real life, because I hate the half-baked face fuzz that actors are often sporting these days; and he seems cleaner-shaven on the show. For some reason, Dinklage also looks seriously fine in the Lannister outfits he wears. He looks as if he works out some; has a bit of muscle. Whether that's the way he's built or not, I don't know. Nicolas C-W is fairly easy on the eyes, and has some Jaime-snark; but he's not as drop-dead gorgeous as Jaime is supposed to be.

It's hard to choose just one actor because they did a nice job of finding several nice looking men across the spectrum of tastes. I will say that while I prefer younger looking guys, I was struck by how richly Sir Iain Glen portrayed Jorah Mormont. By episode three, I couldn't help but think Jorah was in love with Daenarys just from the way he would look at her. Not lust, but love, respect and admiration. It's not easy to be able to give a whole monologue just with the eyes, but he pulls it off very well, and that definitely adds to his attractiveness.

Sir Iain Glen and the actor used to play his father were absolutely brilliant choices. If the HBO writers had followed the books closely they would have chosen - John Rhys Davis (he played Gimili in LOTR) but I like Glen, a very handsome actor that just commands attention.

Wow, being a little picky, aren't you? This show is full of gorgeous females.

Anyway, as for the ladies... it's Lena Headey for me. Even though I like her better with her dark hair. I saw her for the first time in "300" and she looked so beautiful and feminine.

As for the men... I must admit, after watching the show for the third time I have found out that I like Jerome Flynn aka Bronn the best. My kind of man :D

And, while we are at the beauty section, have you noticed how many cast members have such a really gorgeous eyes?

Haha, I agree with you there- Lena and Jerome Flynn really play their characters to perfection. I'm happy with all the cast choices the HBO used. Was there any I disliked? ... Mayhaps the actor they chose to play Illyrio Mopati. The books made mention of his excessive weight and his cheery disposition - the actor they used doesn't seem to be like that at all. I'd have chosen Richard Griffiths instead.

Th

For the male actors: Richard Madden and Iain Glen. They are both gorgeous and great fun to watch on TV.

For the ladies: Emilia Clarke is gorgeous (and my husband's favorite).

Julandro, if you don't mind a personal question -- are you male or female?

They chose all the key male actors and actresses very well. Not just Madden, Glen but Peter Dinklage

Sean Bean

Mark Addy, Lena and Michelle Fairley. I wished GoT would win an Emmy for its casting.

The kitten sold me. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1486325248/nm0318821 and I will admit, he has that sly look about it and LF has always been a favorite of mine.

I don't think that one counts just because I am attracted to the character rather than just the actor so, I would have to go with Richard Madden, he is handsome and has made me like Robb Stark much more than I had before the show.

I think Eugene Simon and Finn Jones are some of the sexier actors in the show, followed by Richard Madden, and Kit Harington, for some strange reason I find the older actors/characters a bit too old for my tastes... Also they all need haircuts, then they would be far more handsome, especially Eugene.

I totally agree. I'm not the only one who thinks so. ;)

As to the gentlemen....Eugene Simon as Lancel - when I saw him mostly nude in that one scene, far from being excited, I felt pity; he looked like he was starving - arms like twigs. Somebody please feed the child! (I have no idea how old the actor is, but he looks like he's 15 and has a soft, androgynous look, and needs food!)

When Eugene filmed the scene, he was 18. In the second season will have better body because it has been doing gym.

But that's not the problem. If you look very well in the face of Eugene, you should be able to recognize it has a great beauty. His eyes are amazing. Now it is true that Alfie Allen, Jason Momoa, Richard Madden, Kit Harington, etc all have better body, but are not more beautiful than Eugene.

I too have to say that in this show there are so many good looking men ! But the winner for me is Richard Madden. Especially when the 1st season was coming to an end, he grew up a bit and beacame more "manly" :drool:

But also the "older" men like Sean Bean and Iain Glen are very handsome!

For me it changes a bit between the actors themselves and on the show. I think Kit, Harry Lloyd and Richard Madden look damn fine on the show, but I have seen Harry Lloyd and Richard Madden in things outside GoT, and I think they look so much more attractive there. And I agree with the people who got more attracted to Richard as the series went on; he did not register on my radar in the first episode, started paying attention to him in the 8th episode (I think that's the one-where he calls the banners), and by the last episode, I had a full blown crush.

I normally don't go for older guys, but I think Iain Glenn is fine, and whenever he turns up in Downton Abbey I get all giddy-weird. :blushing:

As for the girls, I think Sophie Turner looks so beautiful on the show, whereas I think Lena Headey looks okay, but when I've seen her at award ceremonies and stuff, I think she is absolutely stunning.

What, girls, no want to be a little more creative, no imaginative answers? No love for the actors playing, say, Sammy, Grenn, Alliser Thorne, Varys, Theon, Walder, ser Hugh? :P

Nor here. :D

I tend to judge the handsomeness of the actors based on the characters they play. I do find both show-Jon and show-Robb very handsome, but I suposse I like show-Jon just a little bit better because that was the character I already started liking reading the books (only because Robb has no POVs, so the reader feels closer to Jon).

I second/third/whatever the claim that Rakharo is handsome. Benjen and Jory too.

I am little disappointed by show-Gendry, I imagined him way more handsome while reading. Many male characters described as having long hair had short hair in the show (Joffrey, Renly) and it is ok, but Gendry should really have long hair. Though I suppose it makes sense that a blacksmith would have short hair because they have to work hard in a hot place and sweaty hair is annoying. Anyway, he should be prettier.

About show-Lancel (funny how he keeps appearing in this tread :) ): when I saw him naked in Cersei's bedroom from afar, I thought at first that he was some girl. He is a skinny young boy who does not look special in any way. He does not even win if the "handsome" in the title of this tread means "a cute child" (in which case I would go with all the younger Stark kids: Arya - especially with short hair!, Brandon and Rickon :wub: ).

The whole blonde hair-black eyebrows doesn't work for Lena, along with the permanent frowny near-scowl she has in almost every movie and TV-series I've seen her in like Sarah Connor Chronicles and 300. She needs to have more of a 'hmmm' look than 'ugh'.

Archived