Aussies LV

Horza

Thank you all for the replies and forbearance for jumping in to the middle of your thread!

I have read your replies and thought about it long and hard and since I only have such limited time, it just seems like a waste to try to race up there and back without even stopping for breath. So I'll probably stick around in Melbourne and try some diving south of there and catch up with friends.

I'm not trying to sound all cocksure and ultimo-hitchhiker, locals know a lot more than I could ever pretend to do and in some areas you get encouraged to do it, others, not, so I go with that. I'd quote you all individually, Paxter, Warg Arry, Flit (means hard work in swedish btw, love the name), The Winged Shadow and Morningsword, thank you and thanks for that quote on hitchhiking and it's legality. I have been looking into it and so far from other hitcher's experience, it seems like the cops would leave you alone as long as you showed you had respect for traffic safety.

If there are any meet-ups I'd love to try to be there. Meet all these famous aussies from chat!

Thank you and please don't mind me.

I see so you finally make it to the top of the world and now your not even going to visit?

probably just as well the couch is not that comfortable and the missus may complain

Apart from that hope your having a great time mate and will catch you another time

ok have been in chat for 2 hrs now will try again later.

Recent stuff I am looking for a new job have a hernia that is causing trouble there, centrelink has not come to the party yet so money is just a tad on the tight side, not a lot of work either ohh and the saga of the new car!

that can wait for chat though. will try to be back in chat this afternoon.

Recent stuff I am looking for a new job have a hernia that is causing trouble there, centrelink has not come to the party yet so money is just a tad on the tight side, not a lot of work either ohh and the saga of the new car!

Sorry I missed you mate. Hopefully will chat soon.

And sorry to hear about the job situation as well after things were looking good. Have you moved back to Adelaide now?

Hiya GS, nice to see ya 'round.

Hope things pick up soon mate. :)

Enjoy the Con, Neal. :)

Remember to keep us updated with reports so we can live the con vicariously....

Will do, expect lots of gloating :)

I thought that only happened in the movies. How did you score a free upgrade? I want to know the tricks of the trade!! Hope you're having a great time. I also hope you exchanged your money when it was $1.10 and not below parity

I think the main trick of the trade is to be lucky. It helps to be on an oversold flight and have status with qantas too (I've done a lot of flying the last year) but I think it's mostly dumb luck on my part.

Anyway I'm currently in Orlando Florida spending a few days at Universal Studios, it's pretty fun, got to love Harry Potter world :) One more day here and then off to Reno and worldcon.

Sooooo...not the greatest weekend of AFL ever. Dockers lost again and there were hardly any competitive games played (sure Stubs was happy though).

In other news, I'm having some serious success with ASOIAF conversion lately - the HBO series has made it very easy. This in an e-mail from a friend today:

You'll be so proud of me. I read game of thrones on my Croatia sailing tour as one of the other girls had it. I can't find the second one anywhere but have bought the third and fourth. I am currently reading the third. Lol.

How can she skip Clash? :shocked:

Anyway, my next task is to get some of these folks onto the board.

Will do, expect lots of gloating :)

Stick to lurking Neal - I already have enough trouble with travel-envy as it is!

Stick to lurking Neal - I already have enough trouble with travel-envy as it is!

Speaking of travel envy, laoise's folks texted us this morning that they had been on the set for GoT in Belfast.

The utter wankers.

:tantrum:

Speaking of travel envy, laoise's folks texted us this morning that they had been on the set for GoT in Belfast.

The utter wankers.

:tantrum:

:lol:

Stubs I was going to write something sympathetic, but then remembered that you were mentioned in the acknowledgements section of a certain book recently...

Cue Mick Jagger: *You can't always get what you want...*

Sooooo...not the greatest weekend of AFL ever. Dockers lost again and there were hardly any competitive games played

I've kind of lost hope in us making the finals now :leaving:

At least Claremont won, and the fact that West Perth lost means we're back on top of the ladder :thumbsup:

haha, dont worry I'll be back to lurking just as soon as I run out if stuff to gloat about. MG, Ithanos and I are off to lake Tahoe soon, so that should be fun :)

The motherfucker is back in the house dawgs!

Plenty of stories from my travels abroad: I loved and lost then loved again, lost about 10kg, wandered the sands of the Sahara, scaled the heights of Jungfrau, drank Munich's beer halls empty, taught the Spanish how to dance, bare by birthday suit to the Greeks, taught florence to have some faith (the George Michael way), sang a tale for the ages in Dublin and gypsied my way around ol' Paris in a zebra morph suit.

All in all one hell of a trip. Please place all questions with my secretary (read: me).

just realised thats its pretty much 1 year today since i met most of you old scalley wags for the first time :wub: so i am just sending a shout out to say that you guys have made my life alot richer and buying that ticket to aussie con was one of the best decisions i have made...big hugs :wub: :wub:

ps - neal i am very jealous - dont miss us too much, say a big 'ello to our friends from afar :)

pps- welcome back ski-ster, cant wait to see some incriminating piccies of said activities ;)

ppss - you take care now gryph

ppps (or however it goes) - belated congrats niloy :D

The motherfucker is back in the house dawgs!

Plenty of stories from my travels abroad: I loved and lost then loved again, lost about 10kg, wandered the sands of the Sahara, scaled the heights of Jungfrau, drank Munich's beer halls empty, taught the Spanish how to dance, bare by birthday suit to the Greeks, taught florence to have some faith (the George Michael way), sang a tale for the ages in Dublin and gypsied my way around ol' Paris in a zebra morph suit.

All in all one hell of a trip. Please place all questions with my secretary (read: me).

Sounds like an epic trip Swifty. Good stuff mate :thumbsup:.

just realised thats its pretty much 1 year today since i met most of you old scalley wags for the first time :wub: so i am just sending a shout out to say that you guys have made my life alot richer and buying that ticket to aussie con was one of the best decisions i have made...big hugs :wub: :wub:

I know hey. It's been a great year :grouphug:. I'm feeling a commemorative post coming on in the ol' Aussiecon thread...and maybe MG will finally finish his report?

...I'm feeling a commemorative post coming on in the ol' Aussiecon thread...and maybe MG will finally finish his report?

Ha ha ha. You're so funny.

Did you get washed away up there in the last few days?

Did you get washed away up there in the last few days?

Yeah it was unbelievable on Monday night. Took me 35 minutes just to get to Mundaring because I could barely see where I was going.

Looks like some good weather coming up over the next three days though. Bring on the summer!

Does anyone here watch The Block? I wish I never had, because it is possibly the worst show I've ever seen. Annoying hosts (especially that Shelley bitch), annoying contestants, and it's reality TV--possibly the worst invention of all time. And don't even get me started on those two women from Wagga. Never have I heard such comically bogan voices, and by 'comically' I mean rage-inducing. It's fucking intolerable.

I know what you're thinking: "It's just a TV show." But fuck me with a chainsaw, it gets under my skin.

Hey all, Book done, No spoilers. I was probably the last person who is a member of this site to finish the book but I wasn't even gonna look at the site till I was done.

Lot of catching up to do on the forums, but first and foremost on my mind is the AFL and the coaching positions.

Three down how many more to go? As a Melbourne fan I am particuly interested in how it will all pan out. I think we need an experienced coach, and there's a few good candidates out there. Rocket Eade just became available and Roos still hasn't definativly said he won't coach again. Anyone think Clarkson or Malthouse are any chance to not be at Hawthorn or Collingwood next year, either of them would be ideal but I think both are staying put (although begrudgingly in Malthouse's case).

Carn Punta Ponting, free of his burden as captain so he can concentrate on making runs. (Although i just noticed he and everyone else bar Hussey failed in the last game).

Thursday night, ABC 2, "How not to live your life". Seriously funny. Watch it. Seriously.

So You Think to win the Prix De L'Arc de Triomphe. And maybe just maybe a horse named Sepoy might be able to slightly trouble the mighty Black Caviar this spring.

Wait, ADWD is out?

Still 800+ pages to go...:leaving:

ETA: Confalume, I don't think Clarko or Mick will stoop to the Dees (:pirate:)...your best bet is going to be Rocket, but I think you might end up with someone out of left field.

Archived