Aussies LV

Horza

Pax shush - also I don't have to be drunk to be clumsy and all three boys inherited that from me. Poor kids.

Saurian - yay for sleep!

Warg Arry- congrats to the hubby- and happy meshing time

Nil- good luck on the job front

Brook, WA- I have no terror stories from my child. I have been blessed with one that likes sleeping in and can be left alone without burning the place down- pretty lucky score in teh baby lottery :thumbsup:

However you both have my sympathy

As for hitching- I echo the caution shown by the other posters- I do pick up hitchhikers - having hitched myself ( Vancouver to Inuvik and Ushuaia to Buenos Aires) your trip is doable but it could leave little time for diving <_<

Arrived back in the US a couple of days ago. Enjoyed my time back home greatly, but honestly, how the hell do people afford to live there? It's bloody expensive to do, well, anything. Food is outrageously expensive. Don't even start me on cigarettes :smoking:

Also, big props to Melbourne for turning on actual decent winter weather for my time there, much appreciated :cheers:

Arrived back in the US a couple of days ago. Enjoyed my time back home greatly, but honestly, how the hell do people afford to live there? It's bloody expensive to do, well, anything. Food is outrageously expensive. Don't even start me on cigarettes :smoking:

Also, big props to Melbourne for turning on actual decent winter weather for my time there, much appreciated :cheers:

Glad you enjoyed yourself adam :thumbsup:. And yeah, going out isn't exactly cheap these days (I still find myself longing for the 1 pound shots of London bars...).

I check in here now and then to see. Will have to send him a message. Passing of the guard.

I ended up txting him and he said he's OK. Sure he'll be back on the board before too long.

Hello all, been a while since I dropped in here (although done some posting in the Cricket thread).

Filled out my census form...ridiculously quickly, I might add (although not having a family may have had something to do with it!). I was tempted to give myself a million dollar income, but I had a feeling the ATO might come knocking on my door for some more taxes if I did...

And I'm on holidays! Currently sitting in lounge at Sydney airport waiting for my flight to the states. My holiday is already off to a great start with a free upgrade to business class, suddenly the thought of a 15 hour flight is more appealing :)

Hope everyone is well.

Neal - have a great time & flight. Just say 'yes' to everything they offer you!

Am finally recovering from a bout of laryngitis which has frustratingly messed with some travel plans I had for the end of this month.

On a happier note - scored tickets to Roxette yesterday :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thank you all for the replies and forbearance for jumping in to the middle of your thread!

I have read your replies and thought about it long and hard and since I only have such limited time, it just seems like a waste to try to race up there and back without even stopping for breath. So I'll probably stick around in Melbourne and try some diving south of there and catch up with friends.

I'm not trying to sound all cocksure and ultimo-hitchhiker, locals know a lot more than I could ever pretend to do and in some areas you get encouraged to do it, others, not, so I go with that. I'd quote you all individually, Paxter, Warg Arry, Flit (means hard work in swedish btw, love the name), The Winged Shadow and Morningsword, thank you and thanks for that quote on hitchhiking and it's legality. I have been looking into it and so far from other hitcher's experience, it seems like the cops would leave you alone as long as you showed you had respect for traffic safety.

If there are any meet-ups I'd love to try to be there. Meet all these famous aussies from chat!

Thank you and please don't mind me.

And Sal, your custom title suits you to a T (see what I did there?).

:lmao: My, aren't you clever? :kiss:

It actually hit 25 :D

Shut up, bastard. :box: Really it's just jealousy. It was a high of 19 and a low of 9 today. This has been the coldest summer ever. Usually it's at least late 20's early 30's this time of year. It's been wet, and hailing. A lot.

Got an offer for a graduate role, but it's for an early 2012 start

Still - Congrats, even if the timing isn't ideal.

Yay, I love it when you come in here Sal.

So you're the one! ;) Well, right back at ya babe.

Thanks for letting me be an interloper. Back to Aussie official business, everyone. :D

And I'm on holidays! Currently sitting in lounge at Sydney airport waiting for my flight to the states. My holiday is already off to a great start with a free upgrade to business class, suddenly the thought of a 15 hour flight is more appealing :)

Hope everyone is well.

Sounds like a good start to the trip Neal. Enjoy :cheers:.

If there are any meet-ups I'd love to try to be there. Meet all these famous aussies from chat!

Damn V, would love to meet-up with you but I'm probably not going to be on the east coast for a while. Hope you enjoy the trip though (and naturally if you head out west let me know).

Have a great time, Neal! Can't wait to catch up when you're down in Sydney and hear all about it.

Damn V, would love to meet-up with you but I'm probably not going to be on the east coast for a while. Hope you enjoy the trip though (and naturally if you head out west let me know).

Only 'head out west'? Head out west, continue west, and keep going west until you can go no further west would be more like it :P

So the Sydney ADwD wine and cheese convo is on next week. Any other takers, head over to the BwB meetup thread and show yourselves :)

First day back at work yesterday :ack:.

Where did the uni holidays go?

You realise you'll never get uni holidays ever again? I used to love love love summer and each year it got less appealing. Wearing business attire in 40 degree heat and sharing trains with scantily clad tweens who have to, like, totally see how the iphone4 is better than the iphone 3.7 ... I miss the days where a normal day started at noon and ended at 4am. Le sigh!!

Did everyone remember to do the census?We did ours on-line and it took about 10 mins, tops.

Census - I like to talk about myself and fill in forms. Blissful! Also, y'all be proud to note that I put down "lawyering" for question 39

My holiday is already off to a great start with a free upgrade to business class, suddenly the thought of a 15 hour flight is more appealing :)

I thought that only happened in the movies. How did you score a free upgrade? I want to know the tricks of the trade!! Hope you're having a great time. I also hope you exchanged your money when it was $1.10 and not below parity

So I'll probably stick around in Melbourne and try some diving south of there and catch up with friends.

Hi Vrana, my boyf and I are in Melbourne and he is very much into scuba diving. I have some concerns about you diving "south" of Melbourne. You realise the water is about 10 degrees, right? Anyhoo, he also works funny hours so he quite probably could dive with you during the week while the rest of us are engaging in paid employment. When are you here?

As for Melbourne BwB meets, we're notoriously lazy and our main hosting-guy has just moved house. But perhaps we could arrange something ...

So the Sydney ADwD wine and cheese convo is on next week.

BwB meetup thread and show yourselves :)

Again, jealous. I love wine and I love cheese. (you pooped in the refrigderator and ate a whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad; I'm impressed)

So, how does this multiquote thing work? I think I'm doing much more work than I'm meant to ...

Hi Vrana, my boyf and I are in Melbourne and he is very much into scuba diving. I have some concerns about you diving "south" of Melbourne. You realise the water is about 10 degrees, right? Anyhoo, he also works funny hours so he quite probably could dive with you during the week while the rest of us are engaging in paid employment. When are you here?

As for Melbourne BwB meets, we're notoriously lazy and our main hosting-guy has just moved house. But perhaps we could arrange something ...

Cool, yeah I hear there are some nice marine reserves 2 hours out of melbourne so I'd definitely give it a try. 10 degrees is fine for me as long as the wetsuit is at least 5mm, otherwise it just gets too uncomfortable. I'm arriving on the 16th, so, three days? thereabouts.

Archived