More Casting News: Jaqen H’Ghar

Westeros

Sorry, if that was Jaqen, who did you think was the guy in the hood?

To be honest, I can't recall the other two, except that one had weird teeth.

I thought that one of the others might be so hideous or violent that they wore a hood. Just seemed a little weird that they would give Rorge such a long shot - the camera followed him for quite a while, staring at Arya, all interested. But oh well. We do know Rorge wasn't exactly a model gentleman.

And the casting news keeps coming: Winter is Coming gets the scoop on Jaqen H’Ghar, the mysterious Lorathi prisoner that’s among Yoren’s recruits for the Night’s Watch. He was (sort of) glimpsed last season, as a shrouded and hooded figure sitting silently in a cage.

According to WiC, Jaqen will be played by German actor Tom Wlaschiha, who’s made a number of appearances in German film and television, and has since branched out into international productions, including films such as Valkyrie (with the show’s Melisandre, Carice van Houten!) and Munich. He’s had a brush with fantasy in German film Krabat, as well, so this won’t be entirely new to him. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

See below for a short film featuring Wlaschiha, and a link to a long showreel showcasing some of his work in series such as The Deep (with Minnie Driver) and Brideshead Revisted.

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

It could only be more perfect if Jaqen was played by some sort of Dutch actor: I always pictured Lorath as being a bit like Amsterdam or Bruges or the Hague or Delft... sort of misty and cold like the Girl with a Pearl earing... But seriously Germany is close enough.

Vargo Hoat should definitly be played by a german, he reminds me so much of the villain in the WW1 episodes of Blackadder (he was also in the Elizabethean episodes, forgotten the characters name).

Archived