Sexiest Person in Westoros

FacelessGirl

Why people keep suggesting Asha? She is ordinary, her personality is ordinary (but appreciate by lots of people).

Sexiest person would be Dany, Sansa, Melisandre, Cersei and Arianne as POVs. Taena Merrywheater, Val and possibly Margaery as nonPOVs.

Sexy =/= beautiful. For example, I wouldn't put Sansa on a Sexiest Person in Westeros because she's still a little girl and acts like one. Besides, not everyone has the same mental image for the same character. I'd say Asha is sexy because she's confident and sassy, not because she's beautiful.

I didn't read it all too closely, but I am just wondering: So far as I have seen, no one has mentioned Shae. Not that I would think her to be the sexiest person in Westeros, not by far, but come on, ROOSE BOLTON and STANNIS have repeatedly been mentioned. :stillsick:

I can understand Queen Selyse is not on anyone's list. But what's so wrong with Shae?

I didn't read it all too closely, but I am just wondering: So far as I have seen, no one has mentioned Shae. Not that I would think her to be the sexiest person in Westeros, not by far, but come on, ROOSE BOLTON and STANNIS have repeatedly been mentioned. :stillsick:

I can understand Queen Selyse is not on anyone's list. But what's so wrong with Shae?

1. She's a prostitute, which is a turn-off for a lot of people (she's fucking Tyrion and Tywin and Moon Boy for all I know...)

2. She's meant to be pretty, but nothing to write home about: even Tyrion doesn't know what he sees in her

3. She screwed and then screwed over a popular character.

I might go so far as to say that we are generally attracted to characters in books more by their personality by their looks. After all, if we actually had to look at Stannis or the Hound or Jorah Mormont we might not be attracted. Roose Bolton... idonteven but... To each their own! :D

Shae's said to be beautiful, but she's also got a really annoying and artificial personality. Which is a big turn-off. Somehow it seems to be a turn-ON for Tyrion so I'm not sure how well that reflects on him! :)

OTOH you have the TV show where physical beauty is a lot more important, I think. We are actually looking at these people so we do get that visceral attraction, in addition to the personality traits we might find attractive.

(you might fairly ask why people would find someone like Stannis' personality attractive, and for me it's the fact that he's moral and honorable yet pragmatic - like yet unlike stupidnedstark, he's an unloved loner, and he's unintentionally funny. He's like a grumpy old man who's not actually old. Weird taste maybe, but there you are).

1. She's a prostitute, which is a turn-off for a lot of people (she's fucking Tyrion and Tywin and Moon Boy for all I know...)

2. She's meant to be pretty, but nothing to write home about: even Tyrion doesn't know what he sees in her

3. She screwed and then screwed over a popular character.

Very true. Still she is smart, and kind of evil. Some of you should like her, I mean, Roose Bolton is a rapist, a psychopath, supposedly looks as white and sloppy as Varys and has no emotions. Sandor contemplated raping Samsa, has a burned face and killed a kid. Stannis burns people, wanted to burn two kids, grinds his teeth and neglects his daugther. Now that I think about it :leaving:

In the books, Melisandre wins for the women- tall, pyro redhead who can make Stannis interested? She's gotta be something ;)

And I'm torn between Gendry, Tyrion, and Jon for the men.

Gendry is stubborn, muscular, and seems to understand that fighting and flirting mix very well

Tyrion- there is just something about him. Brain, humour, experience?

Jon has a thing for redheads and is able to lead. Though he doesn't seem too capable of laughter.

TV series:

Shae-physically sexy + the mystery and sharp tonguedness.

Robb Stark. No explanation necessary...

Very true. Still she is smart, and kind of evil. Some of you should like her, I mean, Roose Bolton is a rapist, a psychopath, supposedly looks as white and sloppy as Varys and has no emotions. Sandor contemplated raping Samsa, has a burned face and killed a kid. Stannis burns people, wanted to burn two kids, grinds his teeth and neglects his daugther. Now that I think about it :leaving:

Ok seriously, if we judged a category like most sexiest on dashing good looks alone, then we would have Loras Tyrell, Jaime Lannister and Prince Rhaegar. The first one is gay, the other is in love with his sister and the last one is dead. Being gorgeous doesn't equate to being sexy, and this is a crucial difference. Good looks are pretty standard, but when it comes to what makes sexy, people wildly differ, cause when we're evaluating sexy, our reason doesn't really come into it, it's more about what's appealing or what strikes us. This is why a guy like Sandor with a bad attitude and a burned face can get so much love, because its not what really about what he looks like (although he is tall, imposing and strong) but rather how he makes us feel. So if Roose arouses something in someone - despite all we know about his appearance, why shouldn't they think he's sexy?

ok, but prostitute usually are sexy, aren't they? for example, Yaya (aka Alayaya) and her mother are beautiful, sexy, intelligent and so on. And Shea, Shea is stupid (so, she isn't sexy in my eyes :))

Ok seriously, if we judged a category like most sexiest on dashing good looks alone, then we would have Loras Tyrell, Jaime Lannister and Prince Rhaegar. The first one is gay, the other is in love with his sister and the last one is dead. Being gorgeous doesn't equate to being sexy, and this is a crucial difference. Good looks are pretty standard, but when it comes to what makes sexy, people wildly differ, cause when we're evaluating sexy, our reason doesn't really come into it, it's more about what's appealing or what strikes us. This is why a guy like Sandor with a bad attitude and a burned face can get so much love, because its not what really about what he looks like (although he is tall, imposing and strong) but rather how he makes us feel. So if Roose arouses something in someone - despite all we know about his appearance, why shouldn't they think he's sexy?

Oh, wait, wait... I was not talking about not being gorgeous, I was talking about monsters, doing horrible things - don't get me wrong, Sandor is among my favorite characters, and I really love to read about Roose and Stannis. But they clearly display some monstrous traits, and they are not sexy! I always found Loras to be laughably stupid and annoying, and I hated Jaime with a passion until ASOS, I don't even give any thoughts to Rhaegar, he is not a character. But while hating Jaime might qualify for being sexy somehow, I don't know - I can't hate Roose Bolton, for example. He is a badass in his way, but he is just so far from sexy, I can't even find words for it. He never comes close to any category like 'sexy' in this story. As well think of Ramsay as sexy.

But I wanted to throw out there that it might be a little disturbing trait of this fandom that men can be horribly ugly and monstrously cruel, or dumb as hell (see Loras, Red Viper, Waymar Rhoyce), yet still qualify as sexy, while morally grey women don't stand a chance for you if they are not absolutely gorgeous or sweet and loving. Thus my question about Shae. I don't like her either, but she should get some acknowledgement. :tantrum:

But I wanted to throw out there that it might be a little disturbing trait of this fandom that men can be horribly ugly and monstrously cruel, or dumb as hell (see Loras, Red Viper, Waymar Rhoyce), yet still qualify as sexy, while morally grey women don't stand a chance for you if they are not absolutely gorgeous or sweet and loving. Thus my question about Shae. I don't like her either, but she should get some acknowledgement. :tantrum:

Most characters in this series are morally grey to at least some extent, both male and female - but they have positive qualities that make them attractive to readers (must admit I am totally at sea on Roose Bolton though :stillsick: ). The female names cropping up most frequently on here are Arianne, Asha and Val, none of whom conform to the gentle princess stereotype.

Shae isn't really morally grey, she's just unappealing. I don't really see that her gender has a bearing on that.

The female names cropping up most frequently on here are Arianne, Asha and Val, none of whom conform to the gentle princess stereotype.

Right, because they are already 'absolutely gorgeous'. Asha could as well be named Kitiara, by the way, Val would make a pretty cover for any bad fantasy book, and Arianne, well, I always tend to skip over Dorne, but isn't she the one with lot's of desert and not many clothes on?

I agree with you about this double standard, but I think the issue with Shae is less her being considered a "grey" character (Cersei made plenty of people's lists, right?) and more that we see her having a lot of sex, professionally, but a lot of the sexiness is taken out of those scenes because the power dynamic between her and Tyrion (ie, he pays her to be a fantasy girlfriend) means we have no idea how much she's getting out of it. Also the work persona she adopts while having all this sex (we have no idea what she's like in her off-time) isn't particularly appealing. :/

Don't forget that she wanted to drug Sansa and have sex next to her. I pity Shae somewhat, but I don't like her and I don't see her as sexy.

... and Arianne, well, I always tend to skip over Dorne, but isn't she the one with lot's of desert and not many clothes on?

I thought that was Lady Nym (Nymeria Sand), who is said to be least deadly when she's wearing the skimpiest clothing.

and well, I guess the fact that none of the stereotypical princesses show in this list proves being Sexy is all about the attitude.

ok, but prostitute usually are sexy, aren't they? for example, Yaya (aka Alayaya) and her mother are beautiful, sexy, intelligent and so on. And Shea, Shea is stupid (so, she isn't sexy in my eyes :))

I would say that Chataya and her daughter Alayaya are more like courtesans than common prostitutes. Chataya's brothel is also said to be a very expensive place, and certainly not for men looking for a cheap quickie.

Anyway, I love your avatar! Another fan of Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series, I see!:thumbsup:

Archived