[ADWD Spoilers] Who do you expect to die in TWOW

Valamway

It's fairly safe to assume that if the story is going to end in the next two books some characters are going to have to die. I read some where that GRRM said the story should begin to converge anyway.

Connington is an easy one as he's dying already. Cersei, i can't see her surviving the coming storm. Brienne along with Jaime as i'm not sure what more they can add to the story. Victarian, he's going to betrayed by Euron or someone at somepoint, perhaps the monkeys? :3 Damphair as well, i more or less forget he's even a POV character. Selmy i reckon will die in some dramatic tear inducing moment saving Dany's life.

Who do you reckon will die?

1) Cersei. I was expecting her to go in ADWD when Martin first said that some Feast characters would be back towards the end, but she escaped with "nude walk AL 301" and a pending trial.

2) Bowen Marsh, as leader of the conspiracy against Jon.

3) Ramsay Bolton, probably at resurrected Jon's hand (or at wargtastic Ghost's).

4) Illyrio, in the invasion of Pentos that Barristan has promised The Tattered Prince.

5) Mago and Khal Jhaqo.

6) Euron, strangled by the volcano hand of Victarion!!!

It's fairly safe to assume that if the story is going to end in the next two books some characters are going to have to die. I read some where that GRRM said the story should begin to converge anyway.

Connington is an easy one as he's dying already. Cersei, i can't see her surviving the coming storm. Brienne along with Jaime as i'm not sure what more they can add to the story. Victarian, he's going to betrayed by Euron or someone at somepoint, perhaps the monkeys? :3 Damphair as well, i more or less forget he's even a POV character. Selmy i reckon will die in some dramatic tear inducing moment saving Dany's life.

Who do you reckon will die?

Just because things converge doesn’t mean that people have to die.

Ser Barristan still has things to do. He needs to confess his love to “Ashara” yet.

I agree that more Greyjoys need to die. Whether Damnfair gets his comeuppance and gets torched, we’ll have to see.

I expect that more Freys will get theirs courtesy of Lord Manderly and Lady Stark as the North remembers.

The Boltons don’t look long for this world, either, but theirs will not be a quick end, especially the little one’s.

What people keep forgetting though is that all these merely human foes are but distractions, wearisome distractions whose names shall be written in water compared with the Others who are coming, coming, coming, who are coming to take you away now that Winter Is Here and the white mists rise and the tears freeze on your cheeks and come eveningfall on the morrow of the day you die you too go walking through the snow or lurking beneath its icy carapace all the better to drag kith and kin down into the icy undeath that has claimed you but not your memories, no not all your memories, no, for cold preserves.

There may be a couple of shock deaths but I think GRRM will save the biggies for the last book.

Oh, yeah. I always imagined A Dream of Spring to be something like Stephen King's Dark Tower series in that

most of the characters get picked off one-by-one before the final chapter.

Of course, unlike most folks, I liked the ending to Dark Tower, so YMMV.

I think this'll be the book the remaining Lannisters (except Tyrion) die - Jaime & Cersei, and sadly Tommen and Myrcella too.

I dont see Cersei dying when she's Robert Strong to champion her cause.

Unless Qyburn gets killed or parts of Gregor's personality start to surface or something.

Robert Strong's going to get killed too. Hopefully by Sansa, because that would be awesome.

I dont see Cersei dying when she's Robert Strong to champion her cause.

Unless Qyburn gets killed or parts of Gregor's personality start to surface or something.

Well, I guess that's what we're meant to think.

For me, it would be a far greater twist if his resurrection faield though and she has to escape (or not) by some other means. :)

I think this'll be the book the remaining Lannisters (except Tyrion) die - Jaime & Cersei, and sadly Tommen and Myrcella too.

Robert Strong's going to get killed too. Hopefully by Sansa, because that would be awesome.

That would b awesome!!

Personally i'm still hoping for the champion of light to be the Hound who then kicks the S**T out of Robert Strong!

I still think Jamie has things to finish. Jamie's redemption arc may end in death, but he should get better sword fighting first and maybe die defending Brienne or his daughter. All those chapters of training would be kinda pointless otherwise. But for deaths I could easily see:

1) If Cersei is proven innocent because Strong fought for her that would mean Lancel gets it (assuming he fights against Strong) and maybe Margeary (if Cersei is innocent than the logic of the seven should say she's guilty).

2) Robert Strong will probably get killed toward the end of the novel when the Hound returns (or that could be saved for book seven)

3) Since Kevan was killed with a crossbow, Cersei will probably assume Tyrion was the murderer and blame the Tyrell's for harboring him. Mace may get killed or at least someone in his inner circle like Tarly.

Oh, yeah. I always imagined A Dream of Spring to be something like Stephen King's Dark Tower series in that

most of the characters get picked off one-by-one before the final chapter.

Of course, unlike most folks, I liked the ending to Dark Tower, so YMMV.

I don't think I could live through another Dark Tower.

Or perhaps characters some characters don't die but their story simply finishes and they jump on a ship never to be seen again? There are simply too many POV's for lots of characters not to die or we'll simply get the pace of plot progression ADWD got :/ Another Brienne chapter is one less Davos chapter we get.

I thought GRRM said that he would have to start killing off some POV characters as they become redundant and it would be all over the place to tell stories from 19-21 different perspectives.

With that in mind;

- He has 11 main character POVs (Tyrion, Arya, Daenerys, Sansa, Bran, Jaime, Theon, Davos, Cersei, Samwell & Brienne)

- He has 2 possibly on the ropes (Jon & Catelyn)

- He has 8 minor POVs (Asha, Victarion, Barristan, Connington, Areo Hotah, Aeron Damphair, Arianne Martell and Melisandre)

- He has 3 confirmed dead (Eddard, Arys & Quentyn)

I think the classic indication of a doomed character is when two POVs meet up. So considering Asha & Theon were together at the end, I reckon one of them will die. Asha can continue the family legacy but Theon has won me back as an interesting read.

Brienne & Jaime running off together. Seeing as Brienne has just got away from near death, I don't expect their meeting with Stoneheart to have another merciful end.

Arianne & Areo. I don't know why we saw things from Areo's perspective in the first place unless GRRM has a big plan for him. Every POV of his contained Arianne (same with Arys as it goes) so she would be the obvious successor to the Dorne story.

I am torn though.

Archived