[ADWD Spoilers] Who do you expect to die in TWOW

Valamway

1. Jon Conningham- already on his way out due to Greyscale :thumbsdown:

2. Brienne- she won't make it out of her situation, but Jaime will, probably thanks to her. :box:

3. Marsh- I would not be surprised if he is the prologue character who always dies, if not, he will still be hung for killing the LC

4. Meera and Jojen- I don't see them making it out of that cave alive.

5. Tommen- I really wish it wasn't true.... but if he does die, can I have his kittens? :crying:

6. Doran- maybe, possibly, could happen, if the Sand Snakes decide to rebel, which is very possible

7. Penny- she seems to have caught the pale mare, shame.... :worried:

8. The majority of the NW- either the wall will fall or the wildlings will go on a rampage, either way, things are not looking good for you Edd. :lol:

-Aegon VI/Young Griff (actually expected him to die in Dance once it was revealed who he really was).

-Daario. I think either Victarion will kill him, he'll be eaten by a dragon, or he'll betray Dany and/or 'wake her dragon' in the life shortening fashion. This is mainly wishful thinking though. I never liked the character much.

My guess:

1. Connington - he's already dying.

2. Old Frey - it might seem counterproductive since he's ancient, but I want him to die horribly!

3. Cersei - she's relying on her champion to save her, but I'm betting he won't.

Jaime - didn't Cersei once say they'd leave the world the way they came into it, together?

4. Ramsay - I'm amazed someone hasn't killed him already!

5. Stannis - I don't think he's dead, but I think he will be in the next book.

6. Daario - I hope so.

7. Hizdar - I just think he's living on borrowed time.

8. Jojen Reed - he's lost his sense of purpose and is fading.

Littlefinger

Tommen and Margaery

Probably Jaime and Brienne (really have trouble seeing him make it out)

Victarion

Doran Martell

Jon Connington

The Bolton boys

More Freys

Genna Lannister and her Frey husband

1. Tommen :crying: (because of the prophecy)

2. Margarey Tyrell (I dont think she will survive the sheeming of the transformed Cersei)

3. Jojen

4. Old Walder Frey (It is time)

5. Stannis (He might be already dead. I still think he will be dead)

6. Shireen (The greyscale will start to spread again, will be sacrificed, and that will wake a dragon)

7. Hizdaar (Victarion will want to make Dany a widow)

8. Barristan (Once Dany gets to Meereen and there will be Tyrion too. One too many POV.)

9. Theon (He did become extremely interesting, but I still think he will die)

10. Doran (too old)

11. Connington (greyscale)

12. Ramsay Bolton (He is just too crazy)

13. lots of Freys (the BwB with Cat will be hardworking)

These would be the ones I would guess.

1. Tommen

2. Mace/Garlan Tyrell

3. Young Griff/Aegon/Mummer's Dragon

4. Bowen Marsh/all the conspirators

5. Selyse/Shireen- With Jon dead/incapacitated, we know Val and the Wildlings fear Shireen, and we know that Jon was keeping them under control.

6. One of the big characters in the Vale- either Harry, Littlefinger, or Robert Arryn. I'd imagine Littlefinger will survive to set up an awesome LF/Varys confrontation but LF has not been acting too wisely with his crazy pervy crush on Sansa.

I thought GRRM said that he would have to start killing off some POV characters as they become redundant and it would be all over the place to tell stories from 19-21 different perspectives.

With that in mind;

- He has 11 main character POVs (Tyrion, Arya, Daenerys, Sansa, Bran, Jaime, Theon, Davos, Cersei, Samwell & Brienne)

- He has 2 possibly on the ropes (Jon & Catelyn)

- He has 8 minor POVs (Asha, Victarion, Barristan, Connington, Areo Hotah, Aeron Damphair, Arianne Martell and Melisandre)

- He has 3 confirmed dead (Eddard, Arys & Quentyn)

I think the classic indication of a doomed character is when two POVs meet up. So considering Asha & Theon were together at the end, I reckon one of them will die. Asha can continue the family legacy but Theon has won me back as an interesting read.

Brienne & Jaime running off together. Seeing as Brienne has just got away from near death, I don't expect their meeting with Stoneheart to have another merciful end.

Arianne & Areo. I don't know why we saw things from Areo's perspective in the first place unless GRRM has a big plan for him. Every POV of his contained Arianne (same with Arys as it goes) so she would be the obvious successor to the Dorne story.

I am torn though.

Something to keep in mind about the minor POV's, as long as they're around a major POV, they don't get their own chapters. Just look at Barristan Semly. He didn't get a single chapter until Dany left. Now that Theon is with Asha, I'm not sure that we're gonna get too many Asha chapters.

That some, some POV's are surely going to die. Some may get retired, too.

But, I think Victarion is going to killed Dany's husband, and then get killed for it. Obviously Connington, at some point. I wonder if Myrcella and Tommen will die before Cersei, but I do think that all three will die. Either Roose of Stannis will die, depending on who wins the North. I could also see Euron's death.

1. Jon Conningham- already on his way out due to Greyscale :thumbsdown:

2. Brienne- she won't make it out of her situation, but Jaime will, probably thanks to her. :box:

3. Marsh- I would not be surprised if he is the prologue character who always dies, if not, he will still be hung for killing the LC

4. Meera and Jojen- I don't see them making it out of that cave alive.

5. Tommen- I really wish it wasn't true.... but if he does die, can I have his kittens? :crying:

6. Doran- maybe, possibly, could happen, if the Sand Snakes decide to rebel, which is very possible

7. Penny- she seems to have caught the pale mare, shame.... :worried:

8. The majority of the NW- either the wall will fall or the wildlings will go on a rampage, either way, things are not looking good for you Edd. :lol:

Never! Dolorous Edd will outlive them all! :laugh:

Sweetrobin, however, is not long for this world.

Some thoughts:

1. Cersei, Stannis and "Aegon" have immunity from death until Daenerys arrives which, given the pace of the story right now, will not happen until the end of TWoW. So their deaths will have to wait. Jaime has immunity derived from Cersei as well (i.e., Maggy the Frog).

2. By the same reasoning, I don't think Jon Connington will die in TWoW, otherwise, there will be no POV to tell of "Aegon." So he makes it to the final book.

3. Victarion seems a surplus to requirements. He doesn't really bring anything to the story long-term. Plus, there are already three other POVs occupying this storyline (i.e, Daenerys, Tyrion, and Barristan), two of which are absolutely immune until the final book. And while I'm here, Hizdahr and Daario won't make it through the book either, obviously.

4. Barristan and Areo occupy roughly similar roles and are also somewhat unnecessary because of other POVs (i.e., Daenerys/Tyrion, Arianne). That said, there is no particular need for them to die either, which makes me suspect they'll simply disappear as POVs if not actually die. Barristan, in particular, probably deserves a scene where he returns to King's Landing at Daenerys' side as the latter confronts Cersei.

5. Doran Martell can go either way but I begin to suspect he'll die for no other reason than to spring Dorne into action under his daughter. So his death, if it were to occur in TWoW, would not be shocking in the slightest.

6. Tommen's days are simply numbered, especially with his sister headed to King's Landing. He will not survive the book.

7. Margaery is an interesting case because her death would serve the story so well in that it would help to disintegrate the Tyrell and Lannister alliance (which would give Varys the motive to make it so that Margaery is found guilty). It would also give Cersei a false sense of security that the "younger queen" from the Maggy the Frog prophecy is dead (or, at least until Sansa is found, at which point Cersei will probably think she's the "younger queen"). In any case, going out on a limb a little bit, I think Margaery dies in TWoW.

8. By the same reasoning, I think Ser Robert Strong dies during the course of the book, on his mission to assassinate Sansa, at the hands of either Sandor or Jaime or, very likely, both. Sansa herself might play a role as well.

9. Catelyn is an interesting case because she is sure to permanently perish at some point but not until the Freys have all been killed, this might occur either at the end of TWoW or the beginning of the next book. I've no firm opinion on the timing but strongly suspect Brienne will be the POV narrating the event; she might even be the one to kill Catelyn on the latter's own orders.

10. I know Euron will die but I don't know when. One thought does occur to me, though, and that is, Asha and Theon's quest would be all the more simple and require much less book-space if Aeron simply assassinated Euron (Aeron, perhaps, sacrificing himself to do so). I'm kind of liking that idea. It would put the Greyjoy siblings in control of what remains of the Ironborn at a much quicker pace and set-up a possible alliance with the North, brokered by Asha (but only if they redeem themselves in some way, perhaps by liberating the prisoners at the Dreadfort). I'm getting ahead of myself though, for now, I'll just guess that Euron dies during the course of TWoW.

11. Ramsay Bolton and Roose Bolton will not make it past TWoW -- nothing to really add, this seems self-explanatory.

12. Jojen Reed and Meera Reed -- have to say, not looking good. Don't have any firm ideas though.

13. And now we come to my least favorite topic, given that's she my favorite character in the series, the topic being the possible death of Melisandre. I worry about it because once Jon is revived, she will have reached a crossroads. Either she begins believing that Jon is Azor Ahai and rejects Stannis or she continues with her delusions. Oddly, the second option may extend her life, because then she would have a continued purpose with Stannis, perhaps going so far as to sacrifice Shireeen and maybe even becoming the resident POV focusing on Stannis' story. If she accepts Jon as Azor Ahi though, and rejects Stannis, well, her importance decreases a great deal. We won't need her as a POV after Jon is revived unless GRRM wants to replace the Jon POV, something I find doubtful. There is also Davos and his role to consider in all this, but I don't know what inferences to draw from his continued presence in the story.

Ramsay (killed by Jon or Mance or shadowbaby)

Tommen

Myrcella

Missandei (killed and face taken by Arya :) )

Jojen

Jon Connington

Khal Jaqo

maybe Aegon (but I think Dany'll kill him, so unless she starts moving with the speed of light... :rolleyes: )

maybe Ghost :crying: (they kill him so Jon comes back :crying: )

I think Catelyn won't die until she has a little UnCatelyn - UnJon heart to heart.

Connington is obvious, but you all really think a proud man like that is going to let greyscale consume him? The first time he and Aegon are in a tough spot, he'll stay behind and sacrifice himself for Aegon... the same way that Barristan will die protecting Dany.

I also feel like the Reeds are going to get fed up with Bloodraven pretty soon and kill him for good. Then they'll take Bran away.

I'm surprised so many list Jon Connington. He's the only POV with "Aegon" at the moment. Who will replace him? I suppose Arianne is a possibility but that seems a tad unlikely. Hence, it seems improbable that Connington will die until Daenerys comes into contact with her "nephew," which will probably not happen in TWoW.

2. Old Frey - it might seem counterproductive since he's ancient, but I want him to die horribly!

A prologue of my dream: Old Frey is dying a horrible and painful death in the Twins, his kin is arguing at his bedside, in the meantime BWB attacks the castle and sets it on fire. And the Freys burn-burn-burn! :smug:

Guess that will never happen, though.

I also hope Daario will die. Just can't imagine how a guy with a golden tooth can be attractive or sexy at all. :ack:

Stannis dies in the prologue, Ramsay gets torn apart by Ghost, Mace/Margaery/High Septon get wasted by Ser Robert Strong (who is consumed by wildfire), Tommen is killed by Aegon's men, Cersei commits suicide, Qyburn dies screaming, Connington dies of greyscale, Sweetrobin gets sweetsleep, a fury of Freys get fragged, two-thirds of Slaver's Bay perishes, the Sand Snakes kill Ser Balon and Myrcella, Jojen dies of a bad belly...

Myrcella - killed by the waif in the water gardens.

Doran/Areo - he's dying, and his death is the flashpoint that finally ignites Dorne

Sweetrobin - he's dying, and his death is the flashpoint that finally ignites The Vale

Brienne - her story and Jaime's have converged. Jaime is likely to be tried by unCat and sentenced to death, Brienne is killed trying to defend him. which leads to...

UnCat - killed by her uncle, the Blackfish, who has been shadowing Jaime, he declares her an abomination. he assumes control of the Brotherhood and releases Jaime because of the peace Jaime achieved at Raventree (or sends Jaime on a suicide quest to bring Sansa back from Littlefinger)

Rickon & Davos - killed shortly after Davos finds Rickon as a thematic parallel to Tommen or Myrcella's death.

Margarey - a victim of Varys' engineering

Connington - Greyscale

Tommen I'd put as safe because there needs to be a king, unless Aegon successfully allies with both Dorne and Highgarden and overthrows the Lannisters and declares himself king?

Archived