Who will kill Darrio?

Spoony

True enough but still suspicious.

What if Dany herself kills him after he betrays her? If they threw the corpses of the hostages but not all of them, maybe Daario is already working for her enemies, so they didn't kill him. Well, he can work for them even if the bodies were not the hostages but had had Pale Mare.

I thought Daario was destined to betray Dany at first and didn't like him, but I started to like him in aDwD. He gives her good advice, telling her to embrace the "dragon" telling her that she has forgotten who she really is. I totally agreed with him. She needs to rule through fire and blood, bed or marry whomever she likes, destroy her enemies, and crush the Yunkai fools.

I think he actually, in his own way, cares about Dany... is obsessed or sexually infatuated with her... sexually being the consort of this queen and legend... He was just a lowborn fighter, but being her captain and paramour he gets to be part of her legend. And she's beautiful. I think he's actually loyal to Dany.

Its most likely he is dead and thrown over the wall already though.

I thought Daario was destined to betray Dany at first and didn't like him, but I started to like him in aDwD. He gives her good advice, telling her to embrace the "dragon" telling her that she has forgotten who she really is. I totally agreed with him. She needs to rule through fire and blood, bed or marry whomever she likes, destroy her enemies, and crush the Yunkai fools.

I think he actually, in his own way, cares about Dany... is obsessed or sexually infatuated with her... sexually being the consort of this queen and legend... He was just a lowborn fighter, but being her captain and paramour he gets to be part of her legend. And she's beautiful. I think he's actually loyal to Dany.

Its most likely he is dead and thrown over the wall already though. I was hoping he would kill Dany's lame husband of the tepid kisses.

Whenever i see someone say they like him, i hope to hell they like him as a bad guy and not a good guy. The guy beat his wife to death. Whenever people gush over him i have a "i don't want to live on this planet any more" moment. I hate the guy.

If there was a fight between the two, i would back Daario. I don't like him neither, but his crimes are just assumed until we have someone pointing them out. We've never had him try to explain away what he's done.

I guess i'm bound to burn in Hell then, because I love Victarion. He is a badass, loyal to his elder brother, andhis dutiful nature even kept him from going (directly) against Euron after the Kingsmoot. He is a monster in battle, but pretty levelheaded outside of it

He is a somewhat shallow character, andI know he killed his wife, but it was after she cheated on him with his brother. I'm not justifying it, but Daario killed his co-commanders for being loyal to the city that contracted them. And Victarion is worse? Sorry, but I'll take the Bloodthirsty Pirate Captain over the turncloak any day of the week.

And on topic, I don't think he'll get a chance to kill Daario. I would love for him to, but I have a feeling it will be Jorah or Barristan to take him down.

I enjoyed Victarion's chapters in dance. Having him murder Daario to death just strikes me as a logical progression of his story arc. Namely because Dany will probably marry him for his ships and support and the brutal slaying of Daario would create some interesting conflict.

On a side note -- did anybody else enjoy the rough treatment that Victarion's maester received as much as I did? I think it was the only part of the book that actually made me laugh.

I don't really care how he dies, as long as he gets wrapped up soon. Since Daario's introduction in Storm, I've always disliked the guy and I've often wondered whether he'd be a betrayal. If Dany's going to have a love interest/affair/marriage, I'd rather it be to a more substantial character than Hizdahr or Daario, so that something of significance can come of it in the story.

Namely because Dany will probably marry him for his ships and support and the brutal slaying of Daario would create some interesting conflict.

Dany will not marry Victarion. Maybe she will make him Admiral (she has none at this moment) but he is to... low born for the queen. Seriously. Yes, I know he has the claim for the Iron Islands but they are so... puny... She will first mary Willas or Jon/Bran or even Trystane or the Imp until she will marry Victarion.

As to whom will kill Daario. I think the slavers will take care of that so that Dany can go on a killing spree...

P.S. I hope Jorah will kill Hizdahr though...

P.S. I hope Jorah will kill Hizdahr though...

I may think Victarion isnt much more clever than a monkey, but I would love if it was him would made Dany widow as he promised, to show that that you need some badass survival skills to stay married to Dany for any longer period of time :P

As for Daario if he lives, I have to wonder if Arya could ever become good enough with sword, than maybe Dany would rethink her obsession with manly men, it would be shock if Daario got killed by a little girl.

I think Victarion is more likely to kill Hizdar (Dany's husband) than Daario. There's some foreshadowing of this in one of Victarion's chapters. Someone says, "The dragonqueen is married, boss!" to which Victarion replies, "It's not the first time I've made someone a widow." Perhaps a bit too blunt for foreshadowing, but I see this as a more likely turn of events.

Daario is going to be a source of anger for Dany. Whether he dies as a hostage or betrays her while a hostage, I see him being one of the reasons she stops playing the political games in Meereen and starts taking decisive action. I'm hoping that decisive action is to mop the place up with dragon fire and move out.

I think Victarion is more likely to kill Hizdar (Dany's husband) than Daario. There's some foreshadowing of this in one of Victarion's chapters. Someone says, "The dragonqueen is married, boss!" to which Victarion replies, "It's not the first time I've made someone a widow." Perhaps a bit too blunt for foreshadowing, but I see this as a more likely turn of events.

Daario is going to be a source of anger for Dany. Whether he dies as a hostage or betrays her while a hostage, I see him being one of the reasons she stops playing the political games in Meereen and starts taking decisive action. I'm hoping that decisive action is to mop the place up with dragon fire and move out.

I agree, but why not make it both Hizdhar and Daario and call it a bargain? :fencing:

This to me seems the most likely. She already has come to some form of decision about her future and quite likely that would seeem to be destruction of the besiegers. Returning to Meereen with (presumably) the Dothraki horde, she'll find that Hizdahr tried to poison her and Daario is now part of the walls - enough to start burning Yunkai should she be initially inclined to give them a chance to surrender.

I agree, but why not make it both Hizdhar and Daario and call it a bargain? :fencing:

Believe me, nothing would be more satisfying than having Victarion start hitting all the foppish dandies in Meereen with his axe until it stops being funny.

Sadly, I find myself not caring.

I don't care about Daario, he's just about the most paper character GRRM's made, and I couldn't care less what happens to him.

It'd be nice if someone of the off-screen deaths were actually true, and Daario was actually gone at the end of ADWD and his head thrown over the wall... But that's not gonna happen IMO.

Archived