Who will kill Darrio?

Spoony

Also as others have said, Euron is a good possibility for killing Daario - assuming Daario doesn't randomly die in some future battle, which is a strong possibility as well. I expect Daario to die at some point but I'm not so sure the person who kills Daario will be anyone of relevance.

If Euron does intend to court Dany then he wouldn't want a competitor around. Also he might just get jealous. So him poisoning Daario, or more likely setting up Daario to 'heroically' die in some battle or something is easy to imagine. He might even just murder him and frame his own enemies. Euron could use Daario's death to manipulate Dany's emotions.

People seem to like the notion of Victarion killing Daario but I think if Daario and Victarion were to fight one-on-one that Daario would win. He seems much more skilled and dangerous in a fight to me. And I don't think Victarion is the type to try any other means of killing him than a direct fight (if Victarion was smart perhaps he might try and trick Daario into blowing the horn but of course, he isn't smart). And yet since Victarion attacking Dany's lover seems pretty unlikely plot-wise, I doubt either Victarion or Daario ends up killing the other.

People seem to like the notion of Victarion killing Daario but I think if Daario and Victarion were to fight one-on-one that Daario would win. He seems much more skilled and dangerous in a fight to me. And I don't think Victarion is the type to try any other means of killing him than a direct fight (if Victarion was smart perhaps he might try and trick Daario into blowing the horn but of course, he isn't smart). And yet since Victarion attacking Dany's lover seems pretty unlikely plot-wise, I doubt either Victarion or Daario ends up killing the other.

In a direct fight, I think Victarion would win. Daario follows the Eastern convention of using very light armor and non-armor piercing weapons. Yes, he would be faster, but he wouldn't be able to make a dint in Victarion's heavy plate with his boobie-girl arakhs. See: the Jorah vs. Qotho fight. Armor really is better sometimes - there's a reason it was invented.

I hope for one of two things re: Daario. 1) Dany makes a conscious (difficult) choice to stop sleeping with him, and keeps him around but only as commander of her mercs. 2) He dies offscreen.

I really don't want any of this condescending "I'll fight you for the right to fuck the Queen" bullshit. She has the right to decide who she fucks, not the asshole men involved. If they start doing this shit Dany needs to put her foot down and say if they don't cease their idiocy, she will command Drogon to eat them both.

The city is already diseased so why throw even more corpses over the wall??

The dragon/ trampling incident was enough reason for the Yunkai and their allies to renew the war and test their captives aerodynamic skills.

He's dead and good riddance :devil:

I agree that it would be good riddance. I never liked him. But Daario is a sellsword captain, and sellswords hate to be on the losing side. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he switched sides to save his life. Or that he was working already for the other side before he became a hostage. Or became a hostage to get a chance to switch sides. If sellsword companies working for the Yunkai considered going over to Daenerys, why wouldn't those working for her want to contact the Yunkai? I don't buy into Daario's love, and he seemed upset about the Hizdahr marriage.

I want him dead, so he is most likely still alive. And currently located outside of Meereen. So are Tyrion, Penny, and Jorah. I don't really see Penny doing something about Daario, but maybe her companions will.

After he IMPALED GREGOR WITH A SPEAR. Right through the body.

Gregor was dead either way.

Yeah, Oberyn got his 'fucking skull crushed' but in the process he beat a man in full plate wielding a two handed greatsword, while he himself wore light mail and a spear. Seems plenty bad ass to me. The one and only reason he died was he got too close and wanted to the finish the job. Gregor wasn't getting up. Ever.

Well yeah... that is until Qyburn got his hands on him. :P:

It would be nice for Daario to last long enough for Dany to realize what a putz he is but that would entail more scenes with Daario in them, so it's a net negative.

I'm also hoping for a prologue POV for him. Perhaps something along the lines of:

"Hey, Mereen is actually quite pretty from way up here. I wonder if Dany's dragons are going to fly up and save me."

"I guess not"

SPLAT

Also, what's with all the posts about Victarion giving Dany a choice about whether to marry him? He's not planning to woo her or bring her flowers or duel for her hand or anything like that. His definition of "marry" her involves blowing the horn to steal her dragons, whacking her over the head, dragging her back to his ship and proceeding to continuously rape and beat her until she stops fighting it.

Me. I will kill Daario myself if I have to hear one more description of his single golden tooth, or his flamboyant dress, or of him caressing the women on his sword hilt.

But I think that honor will go to Victarion. Victarion would kick his ass in a fight. The guy ran onto the middle of a ship full of Arbormen by himself and just started mercing people. There's a chapter called the Reaver about him.

He freaking caught Ser Darry's (or Derry or something else I don't remember his name) blade in his hand and then beat his skull in. He's like the Mountain-lite with a Kraken-helm and sick armor.

I think there's very few fighters who could stand up to Victarion imo.

However Daario exits, I don't think Dany will be around to witness it. I expect her to be among the Dothraki for a while. In Dance, she was in desperate need of Maester Aemon's advice to Jon to "kill the boy." I think that's what we saw at the end when she was feasting next on horse flesh next to her dragon. I think she will return to Meereen, Daario will be dead, and she will mourn him briefly and quietly. A part of her will miss him, but the part of her she knows she needs to leave behind. She has "killed the girl."

As far as Victarion.... not a fan. I agree with those on this board that to Vic, Dany is a piece of property. A way to spite his brother. If he heard her ambitions to invade Westeros and rule the seven kingdoms, I think he would just tell her "shush, baby." However, I don't think it's any small coincidence that the head that was brought before her was Groleo, her admiral. And just now, one of the greatest maritime commanders is sailing in her direction. I agree with what someone else on this board posted in that Vic will underestimate her, lose, and she will give him the choice of being her admiral, or roasting along with his fleet. I do think Euron still has something up his sleeve though, that he's very dangerous, and that his death may be part of the deal to get Vic to be her admiral.

But, for the record, as much as I don't like him, I think Victarion would wipe the floor with Daario. It wouldn't be a fight. Over before it starts.

I still think that the flying bodies are actually disease-ridden corpses, not the hostages. It's a classic biological warfare tactic.

Go back and actually read the dialogue between Barristan and the Green Grace. She says they're lining up trebuchets, and he says that they won't "break the city with stones," and she said, "not stones, corpses." The implicit implication being that they intend to "break the city" with corpses.

Now, I want to see Daario meet a messy end as much as the next person, but I think people are misreading the "catapulting corpses" thing.

But it is a bit of a waste to catapult diseased corpses into a city which is already riddled with disease. It's like tossing a molotov cocktail into a burning building - there's little or no effect. They've said that the hostages are tied to the trebs and now they're lining those trebs up to fling corpses. It makes sense that the corpses being talked about are the hostages already tied to them whom they were going to kill if the peace was broken. It would be a bit nonsensical to cut them off the trebs just so they can be used to fling something else.

But it is a bit of a waste to catapult diseased corpses into a city which is already riddled with disease. It's like tossing a molotov cocktail into a burning building - there's little or no effect. They've said that the hostages are tied to the trebs and now they're lining those trebs up to fling corpses. It makes sense that the corpses being talked about are the hostages already tied to them whom they were going to kill if the peace was broken. It would be a bit nonsensical to cut them off the trebs just so they can be used to fling something else.

As I understood it, the city itself, as in the interior, was still disease-free; the sick people were outside the walls. Wasn't it a huge deal not to let any of them in, and Dany went out to distribute food and water and whatnot?

I dunno, I still don't buy that it was the hostages. That's why you have hostages, so you don't end up having to kill them. They killed the first three to make their point, but you can't just exhaust your entire leverage like that, it's stupid.

Also, if Tyrion really is helping/feeding advice to the mercenaries, I can totally see him suggesting biological warfare.

No, there's lots of sick people inside the walls too - that's been very clearly and directly stated numerous times. Also, the hostages were taken in order to help guarantee the peace. Once you start attacking a city, the peace is broken anyways and the hostages aren't leverage for anything. It's not like the Sotrmcrows or the Unsullied are going to sit out the fight because Daario and the Unsullied hostage are there, so it's pointless to keep them.

Also, Tyrion's advice to the mercenaries is to have them switch sides and join Dany so that he can become Lord of Casterly Rock when she gets the Iron Throne. That's the only way he can pay them. Starting biological warfare against her city isn't a good way to ingratiate himself to her before saying hi for the first time.

Dany must kill Daario, so that she can "kill the girl inside."

Jorah and Daario will end up dueling over Dany's honor, which will end in the death of Jorah. Dany, upon seeing the death of her bear at the hands of her lover, will realize what a piece of utter trash Daario is and how utterly stupid she's been, and will execute him in some gruesome, fitting way. (my hope is that she drags him by his testicles from the back of her silver)

Huh? What in the world is going on with all this Daario hate, anyway? There's nothing wrong with Daario — it’s Dany herself who’s being the major mega dork here. Weird that people are transfering their distaste for her dumb shennanigans to somebody who doesn’t deserve their disdain. Blame the right person here, folks.

Of course, Daario still needs pushing aside that Dany can move on without wistful longing and entanglement. But that is altogether differerent. Daario is just Daario. There’s nothing wrong with that. I find him somewhat dashing, actually.

Remember Daario isn’t the one making stupid decisions and closing his ears to good advice: that’s Dany’s ultra-aggravating fuckup. I wish Ser Barristan would power through her idiotically trying to cut him off when he has things she needs to hear but doesn’t want. Dany is an annoying twat, a rather stereotypical junior-high-school chick. Blech!

Again, Daario is just Daario. Dany is the fuckup here who needs getting severely lessoned. Don’t transfer anger at one character to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

Archived