Who should play Daario Naharis

Maria26

Isn't Daario meant to be the spitting image of Drogo?

Just get Jason Momoa back and dress him like a Tyroshi sellsword. The fact I had to point out to my friends (who all watched GOT fervently) that the guy in Conan was Khal Drogo says enough about how different he looked in costume with the make up as a horselord. He wants to come back to Game of Thrones at some point anyway, and Conan was such a flop he won't be doing much else

I think beside having a mustache he isn't mention as looking anything like Drogo. They get compared a lot in terms of attitude. Though I think someone said before ITT that he was described as being fair skinned, I always pictured him as being like Middle Eastern/Greek looking. Just like Xaro, even though it said a zillion times in the text how pale he was, I always pictured him looking darker skinned idk. I wouldn't mind if Daario is played by a non-white actor though just because his race is really not all that important

Isn't he? He has blue hair but I figured it was dyed, like Aegon's, and he has blue eyes (we are told, over and over). I don't think his skin color is ever mentioned (though its smoothness and hairlessness was dwelt upon in adwd). So... any race should be ok??

Anyway it had better damn well be someone brain-meltingly fine. He has to beat Iain Glen in the looks department (somehow?).

i may have ignored his description and imagined my own vision of daario. what i see is not a gentleman, but a hardened warrior dressed in a savage but flamboyant manner with an obviously cocky attitude. something always makes me think of carl sandburg's chicago when i think of daario.

Fierce as a dog with tongue lapping for action, cunning

as a savage pitted against the wilderness,

Bareheaded,

Shoveling,

Wrecking,

Planning,

Building, breaking, rebuilding,

Under the smoke, dust all over his mouth, laughing with

white teeth,

Under the terrible burden of destiny laughing as a young

man laughs,

Laughing even as an ignorant fighter laughs who has

never lost a battle,

Bragging and laughing that under his wrist is the pulse.

and under his ribs the heart of the people,

Laughing!

kind of sums it up for me, i guess his race makes little difference.

• 1 month later...

Nick Moran

http://27.media.tumb...c5wt2o1_500.jpg

For some reason, I always picture him when reading about Daario.

Yes, absolutely. He is exactly how I pictured Daario, I loved him in HP. He can definitely pull it off.

A friend mentioned Jessie Williams to me and now that's all I can see.

http://www.imdb.com/...68128/nm2222264

http://www.imdb.com/...45920/nm2222264

And hey, he has beautiful blue eyes. :)

I don't care if some think he's too attractive (although I imagined Daario as somewhat attractive), especially considering what Jorah's supposed to look like in the books and what he actually looks like in the series.

Wow! I am not familiar with him but yowza! :eek: He definitely has the eyes, I wonder what he would look like in full Daario costume.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just biased cuz of not-loving-merlin n' all...

hahaha if you were interested, I'd suggest even just watching a few clips on youtube. The only thing he lacks on the show for Daario's character is REAL perversion and bloodlust, but it IS Merlin and he IS an actor. I think he could bring it ^_^

The producers seem to love Mamoa, so I agree with those who say recast him as Daario. It could work. It would also explain Dany's attraction to Daario, who would resemble her dead husband. But, unlike Drogo, be vastly different in terms of personality. I think the only necessity would be styling Mamoa extremely different, so he'd look as different from his Drogo self as possible. The blue hair will help...groom his facial hair, etc.

I was surprised when Dany fell for Daario. I hate everything that is purple on him. But yah, Im also curious who will play as Daario. How old is he anyway? Im not sure if my memory serves me well but someone in ADWD said that Dany's lover is old. So Im assuming he is not as old as Selmy but might be a bit old for Dany since Dany is still a teenager. Maybe the same age like Jamie?

Archived