Who should play Daario Naharis

Maria26

I have never understood the many people on here with a crush on Purefoy. He was probably the guy on Rome who I thought did the worst job. He was even more ridiculous on the little bit of Camelot I watched.

• 3 weeks later...

While watching Spartacus last week, I was thinking which of the actors could be in GoT. I was thinking about the guy who plays Gannicus is pretty perfect to play a cocky, arrogant, flamboyant, dual blade wielding sellsword. With blue hair. Or otherwise maybe Ashur, who will give Daario a bit more mischievousness. Anyway, I would like them both in GoT.

I really like the guy who plays Gannicus! That could work.

Although, I saw this random photo the other day and now this is how I picture Daario:

http://i42.tinypic.com/119r0aa.jpg

Why would they even include Daario? If they cut out the Reeds and (possibly) Ramsay Bolton, you don't think Daario is right there to get the ax next? There are literally a zillion sellsword captains in Dany's plot and they can't do them all, ill say Brown Ben Plumm trumps the rest in screen time priority.

Why would they even include Daario? If they cut out the Reeds and (possibly) Ramsay Bolton, you don't think Daario is right there to get the ax next? There are literally a zillion sellsword captains in Dany's plot and they can't do them all, ill say Brown Ben Plumm trumps the rest in screen time priority.

They're definitely casting for Daario. And from a recent GRRM comment etc. it sounds like they're including the Reeds next season.

I don't know about Daario but Kayvan Novak should really play somebody in Slaver's Bay during season 5/6. He can move seamlessly between convincing dramatic and comedic performance and would do a fantastic job of just generally lightening the tone. If they wanted to make the character of Hizdahr more interesting in the series (which frankly they would have to), Novak would be great!

I actually think that other than Dinkglage, Headly, and Bean, that they should stick to unknowns.

It seems they really did a good job thus far with casting, with the possible exception Yara/Asha and Renly.

If they plan to include the visions of the House of the Undying they will have to cast Targaryens, but even then that may only require unknowns and special affects.

Apparently they're currently casting this role.

As they're casting now, I just spent the last hour learning a piece from the book and putting it on YouTube. I haven't even got an audition, so don't worry, I won't be getting the role, but I thought about sending it to casting just to take a chance. I know fans can be pretty brutal, so go easy on me, but am I anything at all like how you imagined Daario? If so, it's worth taking a shot and sending it. Thanks

As they're casting now, I just spent the last hour learning a piece from the book and putting it on YouTube. I haven't even got an audition, so don't worry, I won't be getting the role, but I thought about sending it to casting just to take a chance. I know fans can be pretty brutal, so go easy on me, but am I anything at all like how you imagined Daario? If so, it's worth taking a shot and sending it. Thanks

You get to potentially kiss Emilia Clark, go for it! I'm bummed though, I was really hoping they'd cut this character... and Penny. Keep Daario, cut Patchface and Ramsay Snow, makes sense! :bang:

Someone probably mentioned that, but how about Karl Urban (with long hair , of course) ?

They will probably merge several characters. It might turn out that one character/actor will play both of them ?

You get to potentially kiss Emilia Clark, go for it! I'm bummed though, I was really hoping they'd cut this character... and Penny. Keep Daario, cut Patchface and Ramsay Snow, makes sense! :bang:

Thanks. Well, I just wanted to make sure the audition was decent enough to worth p*****g off my agent over!

You are pretty good! Maybe try working a bit on your screen presence a bit, I've always imagined Daario very full of himself and arrogant, whereas you almost come across like a nice bloke (Daario is pretty unanimously hated, so maybe make him such so we can continue hating him). Then again, I'm a girl and I know nothing of the ways of casting. :)

Not bad acting at all. But I think your Daario is different from what I imagined. I gave him more of a poetic voice with arrogance, carelessness, and a matter-of-fact sort of sarcasm. Very specific, I know. The vibe I get from you is too soft-spoken. I hope this helps.

Not bad acting at all. But I think your Daario is different from what I imagined. I gave him more of a poetic voice with arrogance, carelessness, and a matter-of-fact sort of sarcasm. Very specific, I know. The vibe I get from you is too soft-spoken. I hope this helps.

You are pretty good! Maybe try working a bit on your screen presence a bit, I've always imagined Daario very full of himself and arrogant, whereas you almost come across like a nice bloke (Daario is pretty unanimously hated, so maybe make him such so we can continue hating him). Then again, I'm a girl and I know nothing of the ways of casting. :)

The Shadow Fox, dreamcatcher; that's the sort of feedback I like: constructive and... as it happens, I think you're both right. Maybe I am actually wrong for the role, but bearing in mind I did only do this in like an hour with no preparation, so didn't really have much time to work on the arrogance (which is totally important to the role, I agree). That said, people have told me I was suited to sort of a Robb Stark character, and Daario is pretty far removed from that, so I think your points are more than valid.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Archived