Areo Hotah

7V3N

My dream casting for Ron Pearlman is Areoh Hotah or Randyll Tarly (both roles that might be too small for him)

I don't think Ron is a good choice for Aero. personality and physical present are off. Tarly maybe. I see him as being one of the northern men if anything.

His personality is off? You realize he's an actor, right?

Yes i know he's an actor, but he is best at playing characters that are loud, strong willed, violent, brute for like of a better term with an imposing personality much like an Umber. Where, Aero isn't that type of guy. Ray Stevenson has play similar characters to Ron, but has also has played the silent intimidator and has play them very well. His character Dagonet in King Arthur is very similar to how I see Aero and He played that part very well for the short amount of scene time he got.

No I'm not sure he Areo is black either. But I always picture him as a Pacific island race for some reason. And The Rock isn't full black, he could pass for Pacific islandish.

This role would be perfect for him. Areo doesn't talk much so we wouldn't have to watch the Rock attempt to be an actor, he'd just have to kick some ass.

No I'm not sure he Areo is black either. But I always picture him as a Pacific island race for some reason. And The Rock isn't full black, he could pass for Pacific islandish.

This role would be perfect for him. Areo doesn't talk much so we wouldn't have to watch the Rock attempt to be an actor, he'd just have to kick some ass.

Haha funny idea, but I doubt they want to have to deal with the extra takes they have to do from him adding lines.

The Rock isn't that bad of an actor. Honestly the role is too small for him as well.

Plus I just don't picture him as old enough for Areo. I always kind of pictured Areo as Proximo from Gladiator, just a little taller and maybe 10 years younger. I'm having trouble thinking of an actor that looks like that though.

The Rock isn't that bad of an actor. Honestly the role is too small for him as well.

Plus I just don't picture him as old enough for Areo. I always kind of pictured Areo as Proximo from Gladiator, just a little taller and maybe 10 years younger. I'm having trouble thinking of an actor that looks like that though.

Oh I definitely agree the role is too small for the Rock, I'm just saying it would be sweet to see him kicking ass with Areo's righteous battleaxe

Yes i know he's an actor, but he is best at playing characters that are loud, strong willed, violent, brute for like of a better term with an imposing personality much like an Umber.

Right, and Robin Williams can only do comedic roles. *dramatic eye rolling* Your argument is moot, the least you can do is admit that.

Right, and Robin Williams can only do comedic roles. *dramatic eye rolling* Your argument is moot, the least you can do is admit that.

No, I may not be making you agree with me on the subject but I wouldn't consider my argument moot. Ron strongest acting trait would be lose in using he for the strong silent type in terms of this character. He is much better suited for a Umber or an Ironman in my opinion.

I'd probably cast Alexander Morton in this role.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607916/

http://www.eluveitie.ch/wp_live/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/alexander%20morton.jpg

This is mainly because of the fan art which has been published of him kind of represents how I imagine he should look.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/2/2d/Areo_Hotah_by_henning.jpg/300px-Areo_Hotah_by_henning.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't think Areo Hotah will even make it into the series. Seems like a character that can be easily cut out or am i missing something?

Agree with that but if he is cast then I hope they can get Peter Mensah. Whenever I picture Areo that's who I see.

Archived