Areo Hotah

7V3N

• 3 weeks later...

If they have to make Hotah a token character, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje could pull it off, like Hotah is he tall, muscular, probably close in age and a really good actor.

No. I don't want recycled television actors on this show. AAA has been in dozens of hot shows. I want a new face.

• 1 month later...

AAA looks good. What about a big name like Djimon Hounsou (Gladiator, Blood Diamond)? Or is this role too small for the likes of him?

I want Djimon Hounsou for Moqorro but it's never gonna happen !

Hmm... Now I'm wondering about the "educated" part...

He fit what they were looking for in the character and isn't a big time or better-known actor.

AAA would have been a good choice but I think he probably is too much for the budget for the size of the role.

Djimon Hounsou doesn't fit the character and is the same budget issue as AAA

Peter Mensah doesn't doesn't fit the role. Though would possibly have been low enough for the budget

He fit what they were looking for in the character and isn't a big time or better-known actor.

AAA would have been a good choice but I think he probably is too much for the budget for the size of the role.

Peter Mensah doesn't doesn't fit the role. Though would possibly have been low enough for the budget

Darn, I was hoping you had some inside info...even minor info. Oh well. Your reasoning was right on the money!

Who is AAA?

And why do you think Mensah doesn't fit the role?

On the topic of the revealed hired gun, oh.. I mean bow and arrow..

Yeah.. Good lord, I hope he learns how to pronounce it from here on out. Ah-re-oh. Honestly, at first I thought he said: "I will be playing Arrow Hotel".. 0.o

I believe AAA refers to Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Can't answer the other question.

Just say Mister Eko and I think everybody would know.. Which, wasn't a big part either btw..

Who is AAA?

And why do you think Mensah doesn't fit the role?

Lady Blizzardborn is correct, AAA means Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Who, I would have been satisfied with him as Areo, he has the build, the presence, etc. He's not my first choice, but I would have been okay with it.

Mensah's too lean of build, and has an aggressive presence to me. He actually seems more like The Red Viper than the Watcher to me.

No offense to Oparei, but I always pictured a really massive big guy like the late Michael Duncan Clark or Nonso Anozie who played Daxos. While he is at 6'4 a big guy, he doesn't IMO seem to have the mass of Hotah.

Oparei has been in 4 or 5 movies I have seen, and I don't remember him.

The other thing is as a POV Hotah was kind of a bigger character in the books, then he is likely to be on the show.

Archived