Unpopular opinions III

brashcandy

Another unpopular opinion:

The man who dishonored Ashara at Harrenhal was Oberyn. Why do people assume that it was Brandon? He asks Ashara to dance with Ned then proceeds to screw her. I don't believe it. We already know that Oberyn won't marry the women that he sleeps with.

Another unpopular opinion:

The man who dishonored Ashara at Harrenhal was Oberyn. Why do people assume that it was Brandon? He asks Ashara to dance with Ned then proceeds to screw her. I don't believe it. We already know that Oberyn won't marry the women that he sleeps with.

Barristan says stark dishonors her

The naked woman on the hilt pushed him over into Kettleblack territory. Even worse.

And when I read that, I could imagine his bedchamber, decorated like a 70s bachelor pad. A lot of golds and oranges; mood lighting; shag carpeting on the walls, tons of mirrors, and, of course, a waterbed. You just know he introduces the ladies to it with the line, "This is where all the magic happens."

Compared to Daario, the Kettleblacks are excellent specimens of Westerosi masculinity (they look like humans and not escapees from Cartoon Network). And strangely... you nailed my vision of him. I have him chalked up to 15 year old girls and their bad taste. :lol: I still like him though.

Barristan says stark dishonors her

Here's the whole quote

But Ashara's daughter had been stillborn, and his fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after, mad with grief for the child she had lost, and perhaps for the man who had dishonored her at Harrenhal as well. She died never knowing that Ser Barristan had loved her. ...If I had unhorsed Rhaegar and crowned Ashara queen of love and beauty, might she have looked to me instead of Stark?

IMO, Brandon or Oberyn dishonored her but she later looked to Ned. She fell in love with him and he possibly knocked her up but the child died.

I didn't interpret it that way.

Here's the whole quote

But Ashara's daughter had been stillborn, and his fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after, mad with grief for the child she had lost, and perhaps for the man who had dishonored her at Harrenhal as well. She died never knowing that Ser Barristan had loved her. ...If I had unhorsed Rhaegar and crowned Ashara queen of love and beauty, might she have looked to me instead of Stark?

IMO, Brandon or Oberyn dishonored her but she later looked to Ned. She fell in love with him and he possibly knocked her up but the child died.

I didn't interpret it that way.

Agreed. I don't know why people automatically assume that's what he means.

Looking to a Stark and being dishonored by a Stark are two different things. I interpreted that as him wishing that he had been a bit more forward so that she would have turned to him in her time of need instead of Stark, most likely Ned.

Agreed. I don't know why people automatically assume that's what he means.

Looking to a Stark and being dishonored by a Stark are two different things. I interpreted that as him wishing that he had been a bit more forward so that she would have turned to him in her time of need instead of Stark, most likely Ned.

This is exactly what I thought. & when Arthur saw Ned at the TOJ he had a sad smile. Possibly because he knows that Ned was in love with his sister? Maybe not though.

& the whole thing of Ashara waiting for him at Starfall sounded like there was something there to me.

That was Arthur Dayne or Selmy. This is another thing that has to be revealed from TOJ. Not just Jon's parentage. I need to know what Howland did to kill Dayne.

I'm gonna guess poison. He doesn't save it for the ironborn after all, the dornish need some loving too

Archived