What Will Become of the Lannister Siblings, Part Deux

Xray the Enforcer

Speaking of which......

And it is quite possible that when Edmure and the Blackfish talked, after Edmure was sent back into Riverrun, that Edmure agreed to......

What if the Fish isn't planning on rescuing Edmure because he has plans to somehow 'rescue' Casterly and take control of it from within? That'd be boss. I mean, if Edmure and the Fish knew Jaime's surrender terms for a whole day, there was time to come up with a plan and share that plan with the riverrun army, whom they knew were going to be released. That army could have standing orders to wait a week or so and then start regrouping somewhere where they'd find the Fish waiting for them so they could engage in some hot sneaky counterattack action..... Eh. The Fish wouldn't have told anyone about a rendevous location out of fear that the Freys would torture folks at random until they coughed up that info. And even a sneaky army couldn't sneak into the Rock. But if a very small force within acted quickly to let the larger sneaky force into the castle.......

(Also, the rock is one of the places that's never been taken, or hardly ever, so that'd be a legendary feat worthy of the "Blackfish Buildup".) Meh.

....... (5 min. later) .......... OMG!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! Here's how you sneak a sneaky army into Casterly:

By the time Edmure arrrives there, make sure to BE THE 'LANNISTER' TROOPS ASSIGNED TO GUARD HIM.

Speaking of which......

What if the Fish isn't planning on rescuing Edmure because he has plans to somehow 'rescue' Casterly and take control of it from within? That'd be boss. I mean, if Edmure and the Fish knew Jaime's surrender terms for a whole day, there was time to come up with a plan and share that plan with the riverrun army, whom they knew were going to be released. That army could have standing orders to wait a week or so and then start regrouping somewhere where they'd find the Fish waiting for them so they could engage in some hot sneaky counterattack action..... Eh. The Fish wouldn't have told anyone about a rendevous location out of fear that the Freys would torture folks at random until they coughed up that info. And even a sneaky army couldn't sneak into the Rock. But if a very small force within acted quickly to let the larger sneaky force into the castle.......

(Also, the rock is one of the places that's never been taken, or hardly ever, so that'd be a legendary feat worthy of the "Blackfish Buildup".) Meh.

Hmn, but I think as Alexia said, the Blackfish despises Edmure.

Staying on topic, Lannisters will be killed off the same way Tywin and company killed off the Targaryans.

If Dany, Aegon or anyone in Dorne gets control of the kingdom they will braze Casterly Rock to the ground, guaranteed.

I reckon that Doran wants to use Myrcella's marriage to Trystane to claim Casterly Rock and then dance over Tywin's grave. :P

I don't think the Blackfish is going to the Vale looking for help while Littlefinger is in charge. We know differently, but with the exception of Sansa, the rest of Westeros thinks Littlefinger is faithfully working for the Lannisters. And then there's that winter thing (meaning -- how could BF get into the Vale, and how's he going to get an army out), and that Sansa's still married and everyone thinks she's a regicide thing.

I am becoming more convinced that the Blackfish might have business in the Vale.

The idea of Sansa marrying Sweetrobin for stragetical purposes is plainly disturbing, though. She is married, anyway. How do marriage annullments work in Westeros? Do they require some legal and/or spiritual act? Is an annullment possible once a marriage has been consummated? (Sansa's to Tyrion hasn't, as we know, but who in Westeros is going to believe her?)

I also like the theory of the Blackfish trying to seize control of the Rock through Edmure. He may not think highly of him, but he may still want to use him when he can be useful. He may have both plans (Vale and Rock) going at the same time, too. Someone in another thread pointed out that the BwB are in posession of a lot of Lannister uniforms/cloaks and Lannister arms. Let them team up with the remnants of the Riverrun garrison, and there'll be enough fighting men to take the Rock with some brilliant mummers' trick.

Casterly Rock has been somewhat neglected lately - all those with the best claim to it are either dead or far away doing other things, and while Devan Lannister seems a capable castellan and Warden of the West, they may not even have the numbers to hold and defend the place properly.

I've never thought about this before but dear me what a satisfaction would it be to see the Rock fall. :D

Archived