The Official Cersei Lannister Appreciation thread

Zar Lannister

Come out, come out wherever you are!!! Those of you out there that feel vexed because of the general Cersei hate (well, she does garner a lot of it, doesn't she?), yet you still manage to enjoy reading her story, and somewhat pity her life.

I mean, c'mon... when she smiles, the world brightens up for a second. Even Catelyn admitted she was lovely to look upon.

Cersei fans, it is your moment.

I sort of pitied her up to Joffrey's wedding and demise, after that she became very hard to empathize with and became just one of those "love to hate" characters and watching her self-destruct in Feast was one of the highlight of the series.

She's a spoiled bitch that's for sure, but having Tywin as a father must not have been easy, falling in love with your twin brother must not be easy and being married to a man you hate and who rapes you while saying someone else's name every other week must not have been fun either.

Everything she did in the first three books she did to protect her family first (that was purely my perception of it, this point is highly arguable) and out of self-interest second. After Jof dies, she goes crazy at the idea of losing Tommen and losing the Iron throne itself and becomes a self-absorbed psycho bent out on the idea of making everyone pay.

It's funny cause she played the game of thrones almost flawlessly for three books, but after Jof died she became one of the weakest players.

That said, her POV chapters were some of my favorite to read.

I rather adore her. Her chapters carried AFFC for me; it's so refreshing to see into the mind of a genuinely compelling villain whose will is made of steel. I can even kind of appreciate how unhinged she became after Joffrey's death and the demise of her father, the Lannister patriarch.

My only real gripe with her story is that Maggy the Frog stuff. It seems unnecessary; if GRRM wanted to give her a few more sympathetic shades, then perhaps toning down the megalomania would've been the better route... instead of some prophecy.

On another note: She's hot. She's god damn hot.

Cersei had the makings of a great character, but then GRRM ruined it by turning her into a bumbling moron in AFFC. Yeah, it was amusing watching her self-destruct, but I can't help but feel the story would've been better if she'd managed to retain at least some shreds of competence. I'm still holding out hope that maybe the humiliation she had to endure has knocked some sense into her and she'll make a comeback as a serious villain in TWOW.

I still say that she isn't totally crazy, she just appears that way because we can now see her inner monologue. She is the only one that utilizes Qyburn, and she is also strong willed enough to create her own small council. In my opinion she may be one of the more likely characters to still be sitting her throne whenever the final battle takes place, if for no other reason than her sheer tenacity.

I rather adore her.

Yes Jaime, we're aware of how much you love her :rofl:

Sorry but I had to say it!

Anyway, I feel Cersei does channel a lot of her frustrations through stupid decision making (she's far more cunning when she's calm), and Her F. Scott Fitzgerald's moment in King's Landing may be pitifully the ruin of her ruthless awesomeness.

I rather adore her.

Sure you do, you are her brother!

EDIT: Zar, I was writing that! GO back to the line! :tantrum:

Seriously, the only time I started feeling sorry for her was her walk through King's Landing chapter in ADWD. Before, she was just a villain. Even in custody, she kept mocking everyone, especially the septas, she continued plotting against everybody and she could not understand that she lost all her power. I was happy when it was announced what her punishment would be. But then ... poor woman, everybody saw how poor and weak she was and she had no power, nothing to cover herself with ... I fear I start forgiving people too easy.

CERSEI IS SUCH A MONSTER OH MY GOD SHE IS SUCH AN EVIL WOMAN SHE ABUSES HER CHILDREN SHE MURDERED HER HUSBAND AND SHE FUCKS HER BROTHER THAT'S DISGUSTING HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE LIKE HER OH MY GOD YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK WHY DO YOU ALL LIKE HER SO MUCH LIKE REALLY SHE WAS FUCKING LANCEL AND OSMUND KETTLEBLACK AND MOON BOY FOR ALL I KNOW ISN'T THAT SICK AND PERVERTED LIKE SHE JUST WHORES HERSELF OUT TO GET WHAT SHE WANTS SHE REALLY HAD WHAT'S COMING TO HER RIGHT HAHAHA

Ahem.

Seriously, I love Cersei, that's just how I feel a lot of Cersei haters boil down to. I'd think Cersei was a total bitch IRL, but she's such a kick ass villain to read about.

Her sudden change of character (or the perception we have of her) in Feast can easily be explained by the fact that 1) She becomes a POV character and we now have insight in her crazy mind and 2) there's no one left to curb her ego. In GoT, she has Robert, in Clash Tyrion keeps her in line, in Storm, Tywin does.. in Feast she's Queen Regent and there's no one to talk her down, so she has free rein to do whatever stupid things she wants to do.

Her sudden change of character (or the perception we have of her) in Feast can easily be explained by the fact that 1) She becomes a POV character and we now have insight in her crazy mind and 2) there's no one left to curb her ego. In GoT, she has Robert, in Clash Tyrion keeps her in line, in Storm, Tywin does.. in Feast she's Queen Regent and there's no one to talk her down, so she has free rein to do whatever stupid things she wants to do.

Also gotta keep in her mind that her son and father died in short succession, and she thought (rightly on the latter) both were because of her evil dwarf brother.

That really fucked her up. :(

Yes Jaime, we're aware of how much you love her :rofl:

Sure you do, you are her brother!

EDIT: Zar, I was writing that! GO back to the line!

Oh please. If I were Jaime, I'd be in the corner of this thread lamenting about Lancel and Osmund Kettleblack (and Moon Boy, for all I know) instead of singing her praises. :P

As for Joffrey's death, I suppose you could trace her snapping there back to Maggy. It was the first real sign (not counting Melara, anyway) that her "prophecy" would be as dark as the old woman promised it would.

i love her through out the series, she was alway fun to read.she believes in herself and her ideas and she is never wrong ( so she thinks). I was glad for her PVO in AFFC. actually she made the book enjoyable. Shes tells it how it is, uses you if she can and throw you away is you you are useless.. I loved her walk of shame even if she ran and cried in the end. She was perfect and the way she was pretending to be nice to Kevan at he end of the last book. I hope she will not die soon No. Love her interaction with Ned, Tommen's wife, Tyrion and that maester Quin..( sorry forgot his name), and with jaimies

Cercei you Are my Girl!

Archived