Sandor Clegane v. 13

No. By the end of her chapters with him, I didn't think she still hated him.

agreed - she removed him from 'the shitlist' and in the first Arya's chapter in AFFC she thought about killing him, but it isnt revenge. "I should have given him the gift of mercy". So, maybe she understood him?

And Merry Christmas, sisters and brothers :D

(I'll go to my family, so see you later)

agreed - she removed him from 'the shitlist' and in the first Arya's chapter in AFFC she thought about killing him, but it isnt revenge. "I should have given him the gift of mercy". So, maybe she understood him?

And Merry Christmas, sisters and brothers :D

(I'll go to my family, so see you later)

I agree with that too villemo :)

Yay Sandor 13! :)

I think Ayra doesn't hate Sandor as much as what she thinks she should. She left him off her list unintentionally which suggests her subconscious doesn't hate him enough for her to leave him on.

But then she was emotionally traumatised at the time of traveling with Sandor so she wouldn't have possessed the rational skills to truly see Sandor was not a threat to her.

Now after so much has happened with Ayra, if they met up again I'm sure she doesn't hate him that much to kill him on the spot or anything and could get to know and perhaps like the post QI Sandor.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

It just occurred to me tonight that Sandor really is a lot like The Grinch. They both try so hard to be big meanies, when all they really want to do is celebrate christmas (or in Sandor's case, be a true knight / win the girl).

I think that Arya's adventures post-Sandor will give her perspective. Her grudge against Sandor is that he killed Mycah, but now she too is learning to assassinate without asking questions. I hope that by the time she crosses paths with him again, she will have matured enough to see what he really did for her.

Actually I seem to remember her thinking something along the lines of "..I should have gone back and finished him off.." as she's arriving in Braavos.

What she meant was that she should have given him the gift of mercy. Luckily for us, she didn't.

Lucky number 13, woot woot. Merry days to all ye Sandor faithful!

As to Arya, I don't think she hates him, nah. I think she's more or less gotten over it. She just wanted to give the gift of mercy, unsurprising, as she'd just learned about it from the man she didn't give it to.

I don't think Arya hates him... but I don't think she likes him, either.

And I don't really blame her. I mean, we've talked a lot about how mean he was to Sansa at times, but I think we often forget how mean he was to Arya, and fall into the habit of thinking their time together in ASoS was a high-larious road trip between buddies. Which is understandable, because it was really funny in many ways. But it wasn't all good times and hilarious high jinks between them. Sandor's asshole side came out quite a lot when they were together: Yelling at her, making fun of her, calling her stupid, calling her a bitch, repeatedly trying to intimidate her (no, he never actually followed through on the threats, but he was still an asshole to make them in the first place), tying her up in her blanket at night (which was funny to read about, sure, but was probably not much fun for Arya to experience).

I do think she had softened toward him by the end. But I also think she still dislikes him enough that if she met him again, she'd gladly beat him over the head a few times with a wooden sword. And I wouldn't entirely blame her.

And yes, Happy Festivus, y'all! This post was, in part, me airing some of my grievances with Sandor, you see. ;)

Yeah, he does threaten to cut her tongue out, and tells her that she doesn't mean spit to him right after her mother's died. He da man. He seriously needs a Victoria Stilwell type lady to snap his ass in place.

And I just wanted to give Arya many hugs at that point.

I did, too. :( I want to give all the Stark kids many hugs, actually.

That said, I do hope Arya someday acknowledges that Sandor probably saved her life by getting her away from the Red Wedding. The day she does that is the day I'll feel truly confident that she doesn't hate him. (There's a tiny part of me that suspects she still does.)

Yeah, he does threaten to cut her tongue out, and tells her that she doesn't mean spit to him right after her mother's died. He da man. He seriously needs a Victoria Stilwell type lady to snap his ass in place.

But...but...he DID try to talk to her for srs about her mom the next day. He tried.

He and Arya are so much alike - they lash out in anger and frustration but don't (always) mean it. Sandor means it a bit more than her, though.

But...but...he DID try to talk to her for srs about her mom the next day. He tried.

Oh yeah, he definitely tried to be nice a couple times, or at least as nice as Sandor Clegane knows how to be. I just think they were heavily outnumbered by the times he was an ass to her. :leaving:

ETA: Happy 1000th post, headtrip!

Happy 1000th post, headtrip! Quite a massive accomplishment, here's to 1,000 more! :cheers:

And especially some of those marvelous gifs. I CANNOT BE SATISFIED!... ahem, we're still talking about gifs, of course. :blushing:

Somebody better start a slow clap because given their personalities, I am surprised the Arya/Sandor arc didn't end in more violence. xD. Overall I think that she's gotten over her vengeance, but it might take a bit more to cinch the deal. Which is sort of why I'm glad they have time apart, which may allow for the character growth on both ends to remove the discord and give them a better basis to become buddies off of. Oh yes, Arya + Sandor = BFF's 4-EVUR! It is known.

---

For a bit of fun, let's do some more Sandor prophesy debunking. We at some point discussed Sandor = AAR, as well as Sandor = valonquar, but what about Sandor = dragonrider? Hooded man in Winterfell? etc.

Let the crackpottery begin.

Archived