2014 World Junior Hockey Championship

Sis Who Swears

I thought our team was somewhat uneven this year. Some very promising guys and some who probably wont accomplish much more after this. I was especially worried about our goalie Gustaffson who wasn´t very impressive. To be honest i´m sort of surprised we won, i was expecting silver or bronze(as usual). Anyway it was a great final to an even better championship. The highlight in my opinion was our game against Finland. Typical Sweden vs Finland thriller, them crushing us early on and followed by an amazing comeback.

• 11 months later...

It's that time of year! Canada and Germany will be playing while I'm getting ready to head to Reagan but I'll catch a rebroadcast tomorrow night.

I had managed to completely erase last year from memory, until the NHL Network/TSN replayed some games yesterday as a warm up for this year. Hooboy, I had completely wiped that Russia/Canada semi from my brain. Sadly, the outcome didn't change with the replay.

Go Canada!

Germany STOMP.

Ahhhh hockey... how I've missed you. :wub:

It's going to be better this year kair, it IS.

Loving that first line, RNH and Huberdeau got some awesome chemistry. Subban had me worried but looks to have shook off the nerves. 14 straight first game wins! Bring it on!!!

With Brodin, Klefbom and Hampus Lindholm all suffering injuries and Zibanejad playing in the AHL, Sweden won't repeat as champions... but I am really proud of the guys for winning their group and knocking Finland into the relegation round (Schadenfreude!). :cheers:

Canada looked really good today so I think they'll go through the tournament undefeated, defeating Russia in the final... :commie:

Happy New Year, everyone!

The USA defense was downright dominating. Trouba is a freaking stud and Seth Jones is gonna be unstoppable in the NHL I think. Hockey Canada needs to change its philosophy. Chemistry was downright awful. On paper it should have not lost a single game.

Archived