The First Book You Ever Read?

Lord of the Night

One of the first "real" stories I remember reading was Children of the Corn from Stephen King's NIght Shift. When I was little my mom would read stories from Night Shift to me and that was the first one I read on my own.

The first book i ever read was awesome!! It was about a vampire who was allergic to blood and lived on ketchup. Cannot remember the title, author or story, if anyone knows would love to hear.

The book that had the most influence was david eddings Pawn of Prophecy. Not because of the ground breaking, highly unpredictable and insightful plot, but because it led me into the world of fantasy and the multi-volume series it contains!

I think the first novel I've ever read was The Hobbit. It was in my grandparents' library. Funny thing, though, I did not hear about the Lord of the Rings until I saw the first trailer for it many years later. Back then I had a habit of not remembering authors' names. But when I heard the word hobbit, some memory triggered in my mind, and I went and found The Hobbit and read it again.

But before The Hobbit, the first book (not novel) that I read was a short history book about Hannibal Barca. My grandfather is a retired history teacher, so I grew up with hearing a lot of historical tales.

Also, another one that I read around that time was an anthology of myths and legends, told in prose form: Greek myths, Norse myths, and Arthurian legends.

The first book i ever read was awesome!! It was about a vampire who was allergic to blood and lived on ketchup. Cannot remember the title, author or story, if anyone knows would love to hear.

Count Duckula by any chance?

I can remember sitting on my Dad's lap every night when I was about 3 or 4 years old learning to read the scintillating story of Dick and Jane. And Sally. And Spot. And uh, Puff?

Love my Dad for that. :love: I was an ace reader by the time I hit school. :thumbsup:

The only problem with that was I used to get in trouble all the time when we were reading as a class... holy HELL that was torture!

My Dad gave me Moby Dick when I was 9, but I never opened that book. :uhoh:

When My Sister went to Europe for the first time, though she brought Me "The Fellowship of The Ring". I think I was about 10 at the time. It remains one of my favorite novels.

Archived