Why Slayer420 is Wrong

Guest Raidne

When I went to school, they made a law that all kids at the school had to be in the same class, It was not No child left behind but it was like it, Well it required that mental challenged students were to be put in class with regular kids at least 1/2 the day. So the teacher spent more time trying to control that one kid, than teach the rest of the kids in my class. We are allowing the not as smart kids to drag down the smarter ones. Some kids are not going to be rocket scientist, Its just fact. some people are not as smart as others. The world needs janitors too

I was originally going to say something incredibly rude but I will refrain. If you and your classmates could handle the course work without assistance and there was a student who could not, the teacher was entirely right in helping the child who had difficulty. In fact that student could have been far smarter than you or any of your peers, but unable to communicate his needs directly. That was what I was like, I am smart, I have a perfect memory and yet I always did badly in classes because I literally could not make the distinction between 'me' and 'you'. If I knew something I couldn't explain how I got there or why it was right, just that it was right. I was often accused of cheating. Other kids either pitied me, made fun of me, or let me hang around because I was easy to manipulate. I got into a lot of fights. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that there was something wrong with me, that I couldn't see anything in pictures, that I didn't think in words or letters, that I didn't know what math was I was just reciting the answers I'd memorized, or that people looked terrifying especially their eyes or that the sound pencils make on physically hurts. I couldn't tell anyone and because of people like you I stopped trying. So just shut your mouth and leave us 'mentally challenged' alone.

I am glad that Raidne and I seem to have very very similar political leanings, cause I'd hate to be called out like this.

FWIW slayer, I felt like you started out making dumb points and got more and more reasonable I've the past US politics thread or two. You seem capable of actually allowing a well-argued and well-evidenced claim to influence your opinion or perspective which is INCREDIBLY rare (see: SpicyTurkey).

(null)

Thanks, I look at a place like this to learn from other people, I was a little shocked how far left this board was, but then once I started thinking about it, It makes since because of all the non-american posters here.

I was originally going to say something incredibly rude but I will refrain. If you and your classmates could handle the course work without assistance and there was a student who could not, the teacher was entirely right in helping the child who had difficulty. In fact that student could have been far smarter than you or any of your peers, but unable to communicate his needs directly. That was what I was like, I am smart, I have a perfect memory and yet I always did badly in classes because I literally could not make the distinction between 'me' and 'you'. If I knew something I couldn't explain how I got there or why it was right, just that it was right. I was often accused of cheating. Other kids either pitied me, made fun of me, or let me hang around because I was easy to manipulate. I got into a lot of fights. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone that there was something wrong with me, that I couldn't see anything in pictures, that I didn't think in words or letters, that I didn't know what math was I was just reciting the answers I'd memorized, or that people looked terrifying especially their eyes or that the sound pencils make on physically hurts. I couldn't tell anyone and because of people like you I stopped trying. So just shut your mouth and leave us 'mentally challenged' alone.

When I say "mentally challenged" I mean the kid could not even talk but was put in with regular students. it did not benefit him or the rest of the class.

Thanks, I look at a place like this to learn from other people, I was a little shocked how far left this board was, but then once I started thinking about it, It makes since because of all the non-american posters here.

Why does it make sense that non-Americans are "far left"?

Verb - "If you and your classmates could handle the course work without assistance and there was a student who could not, the teacher was entirely right in helping the child who had difficulty"

Well, how do you know that the rest of the students didn't need any help? You don't. But, if the "special needs" student requires teh full attention of the sole teacher, than the other 20-30 children are getting none. And, trust me, no class is ever lacking in kids that need some help.

What if the special student is prone to violence? Is that fair? Or constantly makes loud noises, is that fair?

On the other hand, if that one student is in a class with only 1 teacher, and that's it... that's not fair either. That student should have extra help in the form of at least an aide.

Verb - "If you and your classmates could handle the course work without assistance and there was a student who could not, the teacher was entirely right in helping the child who had difficulty"

Well, how do you know that the rest of the students didn't need any help? You don't. But, if the "special needs" student requires teh full attention of the sole teacher, than the other 20-30 children are getting none. And, trust me, no class is ever lacking in kids that need some help.

What if the special student is prone to violence? Is that fair? Or constantly makes loud noises, is that fair?

On the other hand, if that one student is in a class with only 1 teacher, and that's it... that's not fair either. That student should have extra help in the form of at least an aide.

Not to them or to to the student. Life is never fair.

When I say "mentally challenged" I mean the kid could not even talk but was put in with regular students. it did not benefit him or the rest of the class.

I find it horrifying that you can refer to a human being as an 'it'.

Being an american, I have a different view that you, as what is far left or right. All I was saying was that you have to look at what’s around someone, I am from Middle american which is about as far right as it gets in american so here I would be labeled "radical" and far left. but in lets say on the coast of the US I would be labeled radical and far right. Just depends where you are at in the world was all I was saying.

It explains alot that you think of yourself as mentally challenged thought.

Slayer, do not be intimidated by this motley collection of muddle-headed leftists. One decent conservative can fend them off quite easily typing with just one finger on a Blackberry.

Cool. Can I meet him/her?

It doesn't. Europeans, on the American scale, are "far left", so are the Japanese, and Australians for the most part. Indonesians, Pakistanis, and Argentines are like to the right (for the most part) on the American scale.

The British would consider the Danes "far left" for the most part, and the Danes would consider Cubans so far to the left that they are back on the right.

Archived