Sandor V.16

Candor

That would just be awkward. Edmure.... I didn't know you felt that way.... ;)

No more awkward than it was for poor Harry... :uhoh:

I just found ye olde Clegane little sis thread here.

Oooooh, thank you!

Rowling -- you bitch! I wanted to marry Sirius Black. He was all tortured hottie and shit.

And he rode a flying motorbike! Fucking cool. And this is on topic, btw, because Sandor and Sirius would totally be friends if they ever met.

Well, okay, that's a lie, because Sirius wouldn't be able to refrain from making smartass remarks about Sandor's face, and Sandor would snarl back about Sirius's Death Eater relatives, and then Sirius would make some snarky reply like, "Why don't you go talk to your Stark girlfriend? Oh, that's right, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU." And then Sandor would pull out his sword, and Sirius would pull out his wand, and tragedy would ensue. But I was just trying vainly to stay on topic, you see.

FUUU.... Hedwig dies? Needless slaughter!

1. Finish reread of Dance.

2. Read Dunk books.

3. Reread Potter and read Potter #7!

She. Died. Trying. To. Save. Harry. OMG. Tragedy. :crying:

I approve that list!

No more awkward than it was for poor Harry... :uhoh:

Oooooh, thank you!

And he rode a flying motorbike! Fucking cool. And this is on topic, btw, because Sandor and Sirius would totally be friends if they ever met.

Well, okay, that's a lie, because Sirius wouldn't be able to refrain from making smartass remarks about Sandor's face, and Sandor would snarl back about Sirius's Death Eater relatives, and then Sirius would make some snarky reply like, "Why don't you go talk to your Stark girlfriend? Oh, that's right, BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU." And then Sandor would pull out his sword, and Sirius would pull out his wand, and tragedy would ensue. But I was just trying vainly to stay on topic, you see.

:eek: Lol for a second I was confused because I thought you meant Harry from this story, and that just made it all the more strange!

They would decimate each other. But, Sandor would probs major approve of Sirius' animagus form. ;)

just as long as Sandor does not end the series by dying in Edmure's arms as he looks into his "Tully blue" eyes. Pretty sure I'd have to barf, if that happened. :uhoh:

:laugh: Best to get that thought out then... just so it will never have a chance of happening! I often feel that no matter what anyone speculates, no one will ever come up with what eventually does occur! Although I'd be quite happy if GRRM took some of the excellent thoughts here for Sandor.

Even better, one of those figure 8 fortune balls with Hound advice:

"Bugger that."

"Drink."

"Stab it."

"Kidnap it."

"RAGE RARRRR!!"

Perfect. I think I'd buy one of those Hound figure-8 balls if they were available! :laugh: And to further the answers available if required, maybe add in a few quotes such as:

"Seven bloody buggering hells to that!" [in addition to the essential "Bugger that"]

"How many times do I need to tell you to shut your bloody mouth?"

"Don't ever believe any different"

"Live or die"

Spoiler for those who haven't read book 7:

DOBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY

omg when I read book 7 for the first time I happened to be on a road trip with a bunch of friends when I got to that part...so...hard...not...to burst...into tears.

That had to be tough! I had the opportunity to bawl... heartbreaking stuff.

But, Sandor would probs major approve of Sirius' animagus form. ;)

Omg, I didn't even think about that, but he totally would! Maybe there's a chance they could be friends after all. Well, no there isn't, they'd hate each other. But still.

I still haven't quite forgiven Rowling for Hedwig. Excuse me, I need to go lay facedown on my bed and sob for a while. Brb.

ETA: Oh and btw, looking at your new title and signature makes me feel oddly accomplished. I have unintentionally created the Sandor/Edmure crackship. My work here is done. :cool4:

Omg, I didn't even think about that, but he totally would! Maybe there's a chance they could be friends after all. Well, no there isn't, they'd hate each other. But still.

I still haven't quite forgiven Rowling for Hedwig. Excuse me, I need to go lay facedown on my bed and sob for a while. Brb.

Dude, JK herself got shitfaced b/c of ~feelings after finishing HP. I don't think she'd disapprove of your actions.

ETA: Oh and btw, looking at your new title and signature makes me feel oddly accomplished. I have unintentionally created the Sandor/Edmure crackship. My work here is done. :cool4:

:grouphug: There is so much death to be crying about in those books. Just wait, I have a bad feeling about this series xD

LIKE A BOSS, Lemonlove! Though clearly it was only a matter of time until someone saw the Light.

No; the only mention of the sister is in the Ned chapter, "a sister who died under queer circumstances." It struck me on a reread, and I may be making too much of it. But I was struck by his attachment and protective instinct toward both of the Stark girls, and on reread, I noticed the detail from Ned's POV during the tourney. I think it's shortly before Sansa declares that she knew the Hound would win that day (he must have made a strong impression on her the night before, ya think?).

So, we might not ever hear anything else about the little sister, and it might be just a tiny detail thrown in there to pull together his connection to Arya and Sansa a bit more. It also adds a bit more dimension as to why Sandor hates his brother so fiercely: his face (childhood), his sister, and his father -- all lost to Greg. Whoever the sister was, she couldn't be protected from Greg. It made me look at his protection of Sansa and Arya in a different way.

Why wouldn't EB mention it, or why wouldn't Sandor himself mention it to Sansa and Arya? EB didn't tell Brienne how Sandor's face was burned. I have no doubt that EB knew, but perhaps that's too private to share. And a sister who died "under queer circumstances." We know Gregor -- I think we can guess something about what may have happened. Doubt this is something that would be readily shared.

Others have speculated in the past that Arya reminds him of himself as a kid, and Sansa may remind him of his sister. All speculative, of course, but worth considering.

Damn, sounds kind of weird and kinky. Now I have to go get that book. I'm still ruined by Sirius. *pause, sob*

So if Sirius devastated me, then I'm going to be a wreck if when Sandor kicks the bucket. Better warn my shrink.

I think you hit the nail on the head in the bolded section. I don't think it is brought up again because it wasn't necessary, it's another one of those little details that makes his interaction with Sansa and Arya easier to bear.

off topic but still - Earlier peeps were questioning the why LF was the one to tell Sansa about the Hound's face in front of Arya. I think they HAD to do this because so much of the dynamic of these three is not clear (its why we chase our tails and re-hash it). If we are all sitting here debating Sandor's motivations and the San/San factor so frequently I think that HBO recognised that it was too convoluted and they needed to do something to make it more obvious that Sansa IS sympathetic to Sandor and so is Arya, so much of the complexity can be lost in the transferrence to screen because of the lack of inner dialogue... I for one would like to know how they are going to tackle the unkiss when she never said it out loud and so much of the Eyrie is inner thought process with Sansa they are going to be flat out trying to convey her growth. Id go mad if I was the script writer!

Lovin' all the Harry Potter references.

Snape and Sirius are steller, epic, and my favorites too. And the characters in the books and on screen were always a challenge. Gary Oldman and Alan Rickman really took them further and made them their own. They both just took it to another level and enhanced the characters with different facets, but book to film seemed to work for me because they are fantastic really in anything they do.

I am so hyped for Season two. If it can all come together it will be amazing. It really depends on what scenes and dialogue they keep for Sandor, the direction, the chemistry with Sansa, and from what I've seen the actor who plays Sandor can do it. It was different but I think he is already making Sandor his own. I think that if the actor can really bring it and push it even further in making it his own, the Sandor character can join the Pantheon of Snape and Sirius and their portrayals.

I will be watching and rooting! I think next season it goes over the top.

Also, in some ways the obsession with Cat that LF has, reminds me a lot of Snape's love for Lily. In some respects admirable that it can last a lifetime, but also selfish, unrealistic, obsessive, and it stunted their growth as individuals. But oh, oh, so compelling!

Now later on Snape's love for Lily and Sandor's whatever for Sansa did bring out good things for them. LF, not so much!

Oh, to be a fly on the wall! :-D

Does anyone think that Arya and Sandor will meet again? Or do you think they are done with each other?

I think that all Arya needed to learn from Sandor was how to do a mercy kill and how not to have an emotional breakdown @ a child.

I think that all Arya needed to learn from Sandor was how to do a mercy kill and how not to have an emotional breakdown @ a child.

:agree: She's only thought about him once since and they seemed to have a very close of arc parting. He was just another stepping stone on her path to Braavos.

Does anyone think that Arya and Sandor will meet again? Or do you think they are done with each other?

Like you, I think they're done. I'd like to be wrong about that, because I'd love more scenes with them together and would be a happy fangirl if we ever get any. But I won't be dissatisfied if we don't. Their story arc as it exists in ASoS feels complete to me.

I'm still ruined by Sirius. *pause, sob*

So if Sirius devastated me, then I'm going to be a wreck if when Sandor kicks the bucket. Better warn my shrink.

Oh, God, I've finally come to terms that Rowling is not bringing Sirius back, it's only taken what...a decade? If Sandor dies it had better be in a blaze of glory knowing that he was loved...oh shit, I'm tearing up.

She. Died. Trying. To. Save. Harry. OMG. Tragedy. :crying:

They would decimate each other. But, Sandor would probs major approve of Sirius' animagus form. ;)

They'd square off, have a pissing contest about who carries the most mangst or who has the worstest family, then Sirius would show him his flying motorcycle, they'd fight over who has to ride bitch, deciding that they'd take turns, Sirius would magically heal his burns, and a bromance for the ages would start. Siridor. Or, that could be my percocet talking.

I think she got more than that from him, and I would have *loved* it if she had asked him to teach her sword fighting. Can you imagine the dynamic? However, I think it was important for her to learn to identify with him somewhat. Prior to traveling around with Sandor, Arya was very impulsive, very reliant on snap judgments, and prone to thinking in absolutes. She learned from Sandor that the world isn't divided into "good people and Death Eaters" and that, though he had done some horrible things, he might have had reasons for some of them. I think this will be important for her in the future when she eventually has the "do the ends justify the means" moral crisis.

My husband just finished reading ACoK for the first time, and one of the things we were talking about was why squires like Pod and Wex are so utterly devoted to Tyrion and Theon, respectively. We don't really get it, since Tyrion was never especially nice to Pod (though he was wasn't cruel), and Theon was just an ass, period. So why the devotion? Maybe it's some weird squire-->master bond that we just don't get.

Anyway, on to my Sandor-related point: It got me thinking that Sandor had a squire, right? I'm almost certain there's a mention of it in either AGoT or ACoK, or both. Now that might have been an interesting relationship to see. I wonder if he was anywhere near as loyal and devoted to Sandor as Pod and Wex were to their masters? It makes me sad to think of some poor boy possibly wandering around King's Landing after Sandor fled, feeling lost and adrift without his master like Pod was, and being all, "He left me." :(

Archived