Football #24 -- Now sponsored by Sports Direct

Xray the Enforcer

Was that a depressing ending to the MC/Spurs game. Four goals in ten minutes, and the rest of the time spent trying to accomplish something. I was surprised at the pace the game was going in the first twenty minutes, though.

Setting aside whether or not Balotelli should have been in the game or not, does anyone besides myself think that King screwed up there? I don't think it was poorly timed, I think it was poorly planned, period.

What are the options that the officials can do, if anything, if the post-game reviews make them think that the second foot by Balotelli was deliberate?

Was that a depressing ending to the MC/Spurs game. Four goals in ten minutes, and the rest of the time spent trying to accomplish something. I was surprised at the pace the game was going in the first twenty minutes, though.

Setting aside whether or not Balotelli should have been in the game or not, does anyone besides myself think that King screwed up there? I don't think it was poorly timed, I think it was poorly planned, period.

What are the options that the officials can do, if anything, if the post-game reviews make them think that the second foot by Balotelli was deliberate?

oh, it was a poor tackle. he was beaten and took a gamble. the gamble was a failure.

Is Balotelli's stamp not worse than what Suarez said to Evra?

i am not sure if they can be compared. but should they? that is an interesting question. we have many many violent reactions on the pitch. they happen each week. racial abuse however tends to get a much greater bit of press, admonishment, and investigation.

but, the man should have been red carded. that is without a doubt in my eyes.

Is Balotelli's stamp not worse than what Suarez said to Evra?

If it was deliberate I'd say it probably was but I don't think you can say unequivocably that it was deliberate. I think it probably was deliberate but when people trip over they do tend to step backwards so I think the FA would really have to be guessing about his intent.

Reminded me of the Beckham '98 incident. Completely intentional.

Not really. There was absolutely no way what Beckham did wasn't an intentional kick out at the Argentinian player, while I don't think Balotelli did it accidentally I can certainly see how it's possible that it was accidental.

There's no reason for Balotteli's leg to move backwards as the rest of his body is going away from Parker.

Of course there is, he's just tripped over and is trying to regain his balance. You might argue it's something of a coincidence that he's ended up stamping on Parker while he's done it but I wouldn't say that I haven't seen people fall over in similar fashion fairly often before.

Was that a depressing ending to the MC/Spurs game

Exactly. I was rooting for Spurs. Gareth Bale played a tremendous second half, what s stunning player he is. Defoe really should have converted that chance, and Spurs would have taken 3. So unfortunate that they did not, and that King then made a shit tackle on Balotelli. It was a penalty, no doubt.

Having said that, all the commentators seemed to agree that Balotelli shouldn't have been on the pitch anymore, that is a red card offense even if he isn't aiming to hit him on the head a second time, he tried to kick him anyway. It reminds one very much of Pepe, another nasty piece of shite.

Really displeased by this result, City take 3 points yet again where they don't deserve it. Oh Defoe, if only you'd be a more clinical striker. There were two options, either Bale wasn't going to get past his man and thus had to pass back, or he did go past him and then the ball would come where it now ended up. Defoe didn't read that well.

United just took a 0-1 lead via Valencia. This is definitly a match United should win, Arsenal look pretty torn up and lacking creativity.

Arsenal were a shambled and still could have won. The crowd was booing Wenger when he substituted Arshavin for Oxlade Chamberlain. Even van Persie seemed to say something about the substitution on the pitch.

Archived