The Last Hero- Azor Ahai- The Prince that was Promised

Know Face Man

Could Jon be Azor Ahai and Dany be Nissa Nissa?

No, sorry. As long as Ghost and Arya exist I don't see this happening. If in two books that are left Martin makes it look like Jon loves that woman he doesn't even know, more than he loves Ghost or Arya I'll burn my books and start reading Stephenie Meyer :D

that quote its self makes me think of dragonglass, which the childen of the forrest apparently have access to as well, though bran cant walk and bloodraven said he wont walk, as well as no where in the books is it built up that bran has any massive right to the throne or anything so the title "prince that is promised" just doesnt make sense to me

BRAN was a prince as soon as Robb was crowned KING. The Reed kids even say something aboUt him not just being called a LORD that now he is a PRINCE.

And now he is KING BRANDON STARK because Robb died. Or Jon could be King aswell because of ROBBS WILL

The Prince Who Was Promised has to be born of Aerys' and Rhaella's line, so Bran is not a candidate.

One question, though, is whether the dragon having "three heads" actually means there will be a new version of each of these. Maybe, maybe not. The LH is not a prophecy so perhaps the Stallion that Mounts the World could replace the Last Hero part. Melisandre and Aemon at least seem to believe that AA = PTWP despite the talk of the three components.

I wouldn't think so. TPWWP and AAR pretty much have the same prophecy, and both refer to dragons being born. "The dragon has three heads" is said quite a lot by a number of characters, two of whom being Rhaegar and Aemon. What Aemon said about it makes me think that it doesn't matter who the other two heads of the dragon are, because he thinks at one point that he should be one of the heads.

The Prince Who Was Promised has to be born of Aerys' and Rhaella's line, so Bran is not a candidate.

I wouldn't think so. TPWWP and AAR pretty much have the same prophecy, and both refer to dragons being born. "The dragon has three heads" is said quite a lot by a number of characters, two of whom being Rhaegar and Aemon. What Aemon said about it makes me think that it doesn't matter who the other two heads of the dragon are, because he thinks at one point that he should be one of the heads.

I don't think BRAN is the Prince that was Promised. He is the Last Hero. I was just simply saying that he was a Prince, as soon as Robb was Crowned King all his brothers were Princes.

BRAN was a prince as soon as Robb was crowned KING. The Reed kids even say something aboUt him not just being called a LORD that now he is a PRINCE.

And now he is KING BRANDON STARK because Robb died. Or Jon could be King aswell because of ROBBS WILL

Jon is before Bran after the document Robb made to make it legal before his death as he had no male heirs, that wasnt done for nothing. A boy who cant walk isnt going to be a hero and wouldnt be respected as a king either, he might play a magical role as the prince that is promised. i dont think its likely as the old gods are totally different, but theres no way hes going to be a physical presence such as a great swordsman in any form, hes a crippled kid.

Rickon will most likely fill the void in the north as hes basicly 50% wilding as hes being raised by one as a mother figure from a young age and will be familiar with their customs, in alot of cases he will know more about the wildings then he does about the old ways of the starks. And hes known to be wild anyway, After all the war and loss of life the north has suffered, the large wilding immigration will breed into the population and become his new subjects, along with the previous population.

BTW bloodraven sat in his chair and basicly become a tree, i think once you agree to whatever position that is, your signing your life away and your not going to be the same.

No, sorry. As long as Ghost and Arya exist I don't see this happening. If in two books that are left Martin makes it look like Jon loves that woman he doesn't even know, more than he loves Ghost or Arya I'll burn my books and start reading Stephenie Meyer :D

That's a bit extreme, love. :ack:

BRAN will not leave the caves I feel. Just as Bloodraven has not left.

He is the Last Hero, he can warg into Hodor and fight with a sword. I even think he can talk as Hodor other then just saying Hodor hodor hodor.

Bran is safe in the cave so the other cant get him. He might even be able to warg into a dragon.

BRAN will not leave the caves I feel. Just as Bloodraven has not left.

He is the Last Hero, he can warg into Hondor and fight with a sword. I even think he can talk as Hondor other then just saying Hondor hondor hondor.

Bran is safe in the cave so the other cant get him. He might even be able to warg into a dragon.

the whole "HoNdor" thing is killing me...lol... Hondor is a city in Mangolia(?) i believe...

the name is HODOR... :cool4: lol

jus sayin :dunno:

• 1 month later...

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

My prediction....Jon Snow is AA and TPTWP (same thing since TPTWP is Azor Ahai come again).

'He shall draw from the fire a burning sword'; This does not say anything about being the original sword, or that a sword must be forged. The sword could very well be an existing sword. The important details are that he 'shall draw it from the fire' and that the sword is flaming.

What is the 'fire'? This could be a literal fire. It could also refer to Melissandre herself, as she is often described as being the 'firey' woman....! I can picture her making the 'ultimate' sacrifice, letting (or perhaps urging) Jon to plunge his sword into her chest, through her fiery necklace that sits above her heart....and pulling it out, writhed in flames....in the eleventh hour as the others swarm the wall in darkness....

Anyhow, those are my thoughts.

I think that all of the messiah figures — Azor Ahai, the Prince That Was Promised, the Last Hero and the Stallion That Mounts the World — are the same figure, interpreted through the lenses of the various cultures.

I agree with this. A good real-word example would be the various interpretations of the prophesied Messiah in the Abrahamic faiths (Christianity, Isalm and Judaism). In Christianity the prophesy was fulfilled in Jesus- the alleged son of god. In islam (please correct me if I'm wrong) the messiah was merely a prophet, and in Judaism the messiah is yet to come.

But then maybe these three figures could also represent the Dragon with three heads?

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the multiple interpretations of AA and PTWP and LH etc. are supposed to be ambiguous, and that there isn`t one specific candidate for any of the roles. I like the deliberate ambiguity; keeps all of us guessing, and there never has to be a blatant revelation to make any of the prophecies any stronger, IMO.

the whole "HoNdor" thing is killing me...lol... Hondor is a city in Mangolia(?) i believe...

the name is HODOR... :cool4: lol

jus sayin :dunno:

HodEr or Hodur is a character from Norse mythology.

Which is a root of a lot of GRRM;s influences. His fate is to be tricked into slaying his (thought to be invulnerable) brother.

• 10 months later...

I agree. Particularly with TPTWP's prophecy... Egg's attempts to fulfill it got his whole family killed, Rhaegar's attempts to fulfill it got his whole family killed too; I really hope this is a pattern, rather than "Oh, don't worry, it's for real this time". Prophecies are not something you should bet your money on... on the other hand, the idea of someone actually forcing a prophecy that was meant for someone else and succeeding is oddly appealing.

The Prophecy:

The Blackfyre pretender had a dream that a dragon would hatch at white walls. Egg turned out to be that dragon..... Targs are known for dreams such as that. Aagon believed that the Prince Who Was Promised would come from Aerys and his sister... I think he knew he had a role to play in fulfilling the prophecy. Then he had a dream that a dragon would hatch at Summerhall....Rhaegar was born that night. I think Rhaegar knew/dreamed that Aagon died to bring a dragon into the world. Rhaegar always had a special/strange connection with Summerhall. I think he knew he had a role to play in the prophecy too. When he dreamed that he would need to be a warrior to fulfill the prophecy he went to the yard the next day. So, it is my belief, that Rhaegar dreamed that Jon would be The Prince Who Was Promised and that's why he gave Lyanna the rose, took Lyanna, started a war, left 3 kings guards (Arthur Dayne) at the tower to protect Jon and Lyanna, and then he died on the Trident.

And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light. “No,” Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

I think Rhaegar may have shared some of his dreams with Dayne and Dayne could have been involved. Dawn does make a good case for Lightbringer!

I think there are many things about house Dayne that we do not know. Ashara for example! Darkstar? Edric Dayne? We know very little about the Dayne family tree. But I do have this crazy idea that Shiera Seastar (one of the Great Bastards) is involved.

Now the topic of The last hero, The Prince and Azor... I do think they are more then one person but I think that each of them will belong to their own figure... For example...Jon is the hero, Aegon is Azor, Dany the prince. However, I dont know who will be which because I really believe that Azor will be a great warrior who wields Dawn/The sword of the morning/ light bringer. As far as the stallion... "the dragon has three heads not four.

• 2 months later...

If Bran is the Last Hero reborn and Old Nan's tale is a foreshadowing, the following characters are doomed: Hodor, Meera, Jojen (who may already be paste), Rickon, Osha, the Liddle who helped them in the mountains, Sam, Gilly, and Gilly's son. That's nine of his twelve companions. Luwin and coldhands are dead and Bloodraven is dying. The elk died and I guess Summer will be reunited with Lady soon.

Jon is AAR/TPTWP and Dawn is Lightbringer.

Edit: Since this has been bumped I'll say what my new theory is.

Dawn is the original Lightbringer that was used during the first Long Night. And after it had ended it was given to a member of House Dayne to look after incase The Others ever came back. House Dayne remember and honour AA/LH and his victory by renaming the sword Dawn and creating the office of The Sword of the Morning. Both reference the ending of a night, the Long Night.

So fast forward to now and Jon is AAR/TPTWP/LH, and his Lightbringer this time is the NW, but he also wields Dawn as it is Dragonsteel and he uses that to fight The Others as well the NW.

Archived