Mass Effect 3

Minaku

Yeah but that still requires massive paragon or renegade points. Usually you can't get enough to reconcile with the slighted person unless you have the moral boost from an import.

it needs a lot of Reputation, sure, but I'm 90% sure is needs *less* points than stopping the fight.

As it happens, I manged to do the reconciliations without an import, mainly because I maxed out the Passive Class Ability on my Sheps very early

it needs a lot of Reputation, sure, but I'm 90% sure is needs *less* points than stopping the fight.

Not so sure about that myself. I've stopped fights on 7-8 different saves. Any save where I couldn't stop the fight I never could get ren/para options to regain the trust. Considering how persuasion and morality work it doesn't make sense that not resolving the fight would be the easier option.

Are you saying you don't get the para/ren resolve option, but then you go to the person you pissed off and you immediately have the apology option?

Query: Has anyone playing the Multiplayer found that sometimes, your Health doesn't replenish at the end of a wave?

I found this especially annoying for my Asari Adept, who doesn't have much in terms of health anyway...

Sounds like a bug to me, I always replenish right after the last enemy dies. Adepts are squishy, hopefully you get lots of shield boosts in your veteran packs to make up for it.

Not really. The Council fleets were spread out, and apparently some miscommunication between writing team and whoever put the cutscene for the final battle of ME1 together lead to the Destiny Ascension being the only dreadnought present, so their losses can't have been that great. Plus humanity would still need to build a lot of ships to catch up with the top dogs, since before they were hamstrung by the restrictions set in the Treaty of Farixen. Since less than 3 years pass between the end of ME1 and the start of ME3, they can't have caught up that much, and according to the wiki they still have only 8 dreadnoughts by the time of ME2, compared to the Turians' 39.

The attack on earth really has everything to do with what you learn and do in ME2.

I agree wholeheartedly with the last statement. And I'll trust your analysis on the fleet situation, but I distinctly remember in ME2 that humanity has taken the majority of the defense responsibilities for the the Citadel.

I know that the Turians have the largest fleet in the galaxy, and that they've even accepted the Asari defense contracts, but from a tactical standpoint it makes sense to attack Earth first so that the Citadel's primary defense fleets are scrambling to protect Sol.

I need to be in QC for Bioware at this point. I've had a bunch of bugs, one of which is the non-healing bug (I'll survive a wave or two with 1 bar of health, thank God for biotic charge replenishing shields), another of which is a disappearing hotkeys bug. I've been unable to go up ladders, unable to shoot, unable to use powers. Or sometimes I'm able to use shockwave but not charge and nova. I have to restart the game every time that happens.

Bioware, you hiring?

I agree wholeheartedly with the last statement. And I'll trust your analysis on the fleet situation, but I distinctly remember in ME2 that humanity has taken the majority of the defense responsibilities for the the Citadel.

I know that the Turians have the largest fleet in the galaxy, and that they've even accepted the Asari defense contracts, but from a tactical standpoint it makes sense to attack Earth first so that the Citadel's primary defense fleets are scrambling to protect Sol.

But doesn't that differ according to how the Battle of the Citadel plays out?

But doesn't that differ according to how the Battle of the Citadel plays out?

It's a bit odd, as the only real difference depending on your choices is whether one Asari dreadnought survives or not. There are some heavy losses no matter what, but there is really no true justification for humanity eclipsing everyone else. The way I see it, if the Council dies in ME1, humanity takes over a larger share of the Citadel defenses, but still overall has a weaker military than the original Council members.

I need to be in QC for Bioware at this point. I've had a bunch of bugs, one of which is the non-healing bug (I'll survive a wave or two with 1 bar of health, thank God for biotic charge replenishing shields), another of which is a disappearing hotkeys bug. I've been unable to go up ladders, unable to shoot, unable to use powers. Or sometimes I'm able to use shockwave but not charge and nova. I have to restart the game every time that happens.

Bioware, you hiring?

It's a demo, the bugs are to be expected. That's part of the reason they have it, so that they know what they need to fix.

It's a demo, the bugs are to be expected. That's part of the reason they have it, so that they know what they need to fix.

I'm sorry, did I sound like I was whining to you? I'm not upset. I do have a much higher incidence of bugs than any of my friends, however.

On the other hand I have heard numerous times (although never given proof) that the demo is an older build from several months ago, so hopefully a lot of the bugs you've encountered have already been fixed.

Are you seriously suggesting that they aren't taking notes on what's gone wrong, so that they can later fix any problems?

No. Are you seriously suggesting that you cannot parse English at a grammar school level?

Traditionally, a beta test is run with a subset of interested volunteers, primarily for the purpose of identifying bugs and other gameplay problems like balance issues. A demo is typically released to any and all comers for the sake of building interest in the product. A demo is not typically bug-oriented, though early warning in that front may be a side benefit of releasing a demo; once the retail version is released to stores and consumers have begun handing over cash forit, the developers will continue to, as you said, take notes on problems and release bugfixes. Surely you are not suggesting that the purpose of a retail release is to identify and fix bugs.

No idea. However there is a day-1 DLC that almost everything agrees is going to be a character and most people assume is going to be the CE character (Its also not confirmed that the CE character is the spoiler character, it might be some 3rd character). That day-1 DLC is $10, the CE is $20, so if the only thing you're interested in is the character I say just get the DLC. I also say this whole thing is bullshit because either the character is minor and being included makes no sense or the character is major and this is a huge ripoff by EA- Although maybe all new copies of the game will come with a redemption code. CE's also sold out just about everywhere though, so best hope that either the CE character is not the spoiler character or that he is also the DLC character.

By the by, although the spoiler character is not in the demo, a couple sound files of his were, so if you want to hear what he sounds like, click

. That link does tell you who the character is though, so don't click if you don't know/want to know. I love that he has that accent; don't know what people are upset about.

And as an update, here's confirmation (spoilers for character identity) that the CE character (or rather the character everyone assumes is the CE character) will in fact be available as Day-1 DLC for 800 microsoft points. I'm glad I'll be able to get the character but I continue to maintain that its total bullshit that the character isn't part of the vanilla game.

Bioware, you hiring?

On the bioware forums they've stated that most of the bugs you run into on the demo were corrected even before the demo got released, but they're not going to bother fixing the demo, especially with just two weeks left until launch.

And as an update, here's confirmation (spoilers for character identity) that the CE character (or rather the character everyone assumes is the CE character) will in fact be available as Day-1 DLC for 800 microsoft points. I'm glad I'll be able to get the character but I continue to maintain that its total bullshit that the character isn't part of the vanilla game.

I think you're assuming the DLC character is going to be way more important then he is. I think the other spoiler character that's actually in the game is going to have a larger impact on the overall story.

I think you're assuming the DLC character is going to be way more important then he is. I think the other spoiler character that's actually in the game is going to have a larger impact on the overall story.

You're probably right. The thing is though, for this character to be on your squad they should have a huge impact on the story; making them a throw-away DLC character doesn't make sense from a plot perspective. And that is just as frustrating to me as them a being a major character and being DLC.

Archived