Mass Effect 3

Minaku

I've been trying to remember all of the various decisions I've made through the first two games that may/could have an impact/bite me in the ass in ME3.  So far I've got, in no particular order. . . . . .

fate of Rackni queen

fate of Council

fate of Ashley/Kaiden

appointment of Anderson/Udina to Council*

love interests/triangles from ME1**

fate of Collector base

fate of Batarian colony in Arrival DLC

fate of Normandy crew, squad, and Shep in SM***

fate of genophage cure

fate/disposition of Geth heretics

love interests/triangles from ME2

condition of loyalty of returning squad members

I'm sure I've made some glaring omissions, so what are the rest?

* I've always let the Council die, so i don't even know if this is a choice otherwise.  Does saving the Council inspire them to give humans a seat?

**  On my latest play through of ME1 I was pursuing a Liara interest, but apparently I gave Ash the impression that we had a thing as well.  So much so that she shows up with Liara (on the way to/from Ilos) and they both demand that I choose between the two of them right then and there.  I chose Liara, but not before asking (with a nod and a wink) why I had to choose   :drool:  .  Ash gets pissed and storms off and I'm sure i would have lost her loyalty if it had been ME2, but since then every time I see her, or talk about her, the dialogue seems to suggest that we really did have a thing.

Anyway, in the interests of making my relationship history as convoluted as possible for ME3 it goes like this. . .

unfulfilled Ash build up >  Liara romance  >  Tali build up >  LoSB Liara visit  > Miranda build up > lose Miranda loyalty > Tali romance

***  So presumably if Shep dies you can't import that save for ME3, but what if a character that is suppose to be returning in ME3 dies in ME2?  Do we just skip that part or will their role be filled by somebody else?

Saving the council will indeed give humanity a seat, and you get to pick the Ambassador (Udina or Anderson) at the end of ME 1. In ME 2, humanity will play a less dominant role at the Citadel, but will be generally more respected for their sacrifices during the final battle of ME 1.

Characters that die in ME 2 will most likely be gone in ME 3, with no one to take their place. I have avoided most spoilers, but I understand that not all of them return as regular squadmates anyway, even if all of them survive, though you'll at least get a cameo.

The full list is here. Bear in mind though that's only the decisions that have had had impacts already or are confirmed to have an effect in 3; there are tons of flagged events that haven't had any effect yet (and may never). ME2 took over 700 flagged decisions from ME1, but only about 30 actually did anything. Some of those other hundreds may or may not have an effect 3 (though I suspect it will mostly be minor things like emails)

*** So presumably if Shep dies you can't import that save for ME3, but what if a character that is suppose to be returning in ME3 dies in ME2? Do we just skip that part or will their role be filled by somebody else?

Incredibly minor spoilers but better safe then sorry.

Dead Shepard can't be imported. From 2 only Garrus and Tali are returning as permanent squad members, but if they are dead there is no replacement for them and you only will have Liara, the Virmire Survivor, James Vega, spoiler character 1, and DLC spoiler character 2. The rest of the squadmates from 2 (and Wrex!) have various Lair of the Shadow Broker style missions, where they are in your squad for that one mission and that's it. As I understand it if they are dead some to all of the missions will still be around, but there will be no replacement character for them.

Incredibly minor spoilers but better safe then sorry.

Dead Shepard can't be imported. From 2 only Garrus and Tali are returning as permanent squad members, but if they are dead there is no replacement for them and you only will have Liara, the Virmire Survivor, James Vega, spoiler character 1, and DLC spoiler character 2. The rest of the squadmates from 2 (and Wrex!) have various Lair of the Shadow Broker style missions, where they are in your squad for that one mission and that's it. As I understand it if they are dead some to all of the missions will still be around, but there will be no replacement character for them.

Who is the Virmire survivior? Is that the Asari who's Saren's secretary, whom you later run into (if you let her live) in Okeer's base?

Who is the Virmire survivior? Is that the Asari who's Saren's secretary, whom you later run into (if you let her live) in Okeer's base?

Just Ashley/Kaiden; whichever one doesn't get vaporized by the bomb is back on your squad.

fate of Batarian colony in Arrival DLC

Is that a variable?

The colony is destroyed no matter what. Shepard trying to warn the colony is acknolwedged by Hackett, but it's not exactly anything that will pacify the Batarians.

Is that a variable?

The colony is destroyed no matter what. Shepard trying to warn the colony is acknolwedged by Hackett, but it's not exactly anything that will pacify the Batarians.

But the whole colony isn't destroyed. You are given a choice between saving the industrial area or the populated area with pros and cons for each: saving the populated area saves more lives but saving the industrial area allows for the colony to rebuild

But the whole colony isn't destroyed. You are given a choice between saving the industrial area or the populated area with pros and cons for each: saving the populated area saves more lives but saving the industrial area allows for the colony to rebuild

That's a different colony, part of the main game and populated by humans. The ending of Arrival is not variable.

Just watched the trailer, and man this has me psyched. I can't wait to shoot some gith in the face.

I have to say that Mass Effect 1 and 2 are probably my favorite single player games of all time.

What classes are you guys playing? Usually I like mage type chars, but for some reason I always play a gun toting evil asshole in mass effect.

Just got a video of the unboxing of ME 3 for 360 on my Facebook page. And it's a two-disc game again, plus you can reverse the cover of the game (as illustrated in the video) so that you have "FemShep" on the boxart. I'd post a link, but I don't know how to link off of my Facebook page. If you're interested, I'm sure you can youtube it.

Hmm. Day 1 DLC has been around for a while, so it's somewhat surprising to see such a fuss being kicked up around ME3 doing the same thing. Didn't Arkaham City have a major paid DLC on Day One that added quite a lot to the game? I recall some minor grumbling but nothing more than that.

That said, I can understand it a bit more for ME3 due to the nature of the DLC character. He's not there to make up the numbers like Zaeed and Kasumi, he's got something more interesting to add to the story. And BioWare's suggestion that work began on the DLC the second the main game was finished seems unlikely, due to the discovery of files in the demo indicating the DLC character was planned all along. It seems more likely he was partly developed for the main game, cut out and held back and finished as DLC, which is rather a different situation to being developed totally separately later on.

Archived