From Pawn to Player? Rereading Sansa III

brashcandy

Why would anyone trouble Varys? Why would he trouble himself? He probably knows where Sansa is already, and he may even know where Sandor is.

Serving women would take the cloak to Cersei. Who knows what irrational conclusion she would draw? I don't think she would guess that Sansa met with Sandor and...nothing happened. She'd definitely imagine the cloak was a testament to Sansa's deflowering or something. I highly doubt she'd imagine an attachment between the two, though she may conclude Sandor may have conspired with Sansa to escape. She might accuse Sandor and put a price on his head, at that. We know how little evidence means to her.

I only thought Varys because he's the spymaster, so he seems the logical one to investigate stuff. (GC don't seem too into the more cerebral aspects of policing, and this is a sensitive matter anyway.) I could definintely see Varys telling his people to secure Sansa's trunk so he could go through it. But your surmise that the women might have brought the trunk and contents to Cersei is also valid, and I agree with your assessment of the probable conclusions she'd draw.

I don't understand this censorship,no one is being crude and if the material is in the book then why not ban the books and shut down the board?

I agree. I have been following this thread and several others that were apparently problematic and have seen absolutely nothing that would warrant such a broad censorship of a specific relationship that is in the books.

Hmm......run off with a completely WASTED DRUNK man who just deserted the KG, has no idea where he is going and what he is going to do, rambled nonsense and stuck a knife to her throat.

Yep....sounds like a plan!

I know, it is not my favorite plan, but plan a run away with a before knight now jester drunk Ser Dontos it isn´t a great plan. And more when after she grabs his cloak (that action has so much meaning, it is the action that changes everything, a kiss will not be so effective).

Varys and LF are sort kind of enemies. They keep information from each other. I don´t see them together talking about their own plans.

And sure that Varys doesn´t know where Sansa is. He has send many people searching her.

LF looks like a sociopath working for his own benefit. But why is Varys working? He always says to the benefit of the kingdom, but it sounds also for his own benefit.

Anyway I just got surprise to the realization that Sansa and Varys hadn´t almost any kind of interaction. He seems not existing on Sansa chapters.

Varys and LF are sort kind of enemies. They keep information from each other. I don´t see them together talking about their own plans.

And sure that Varys doesn´t know where Sansa is. He has send many people searching her.

LF looks like a sociopath working for his own benefit. But why is Varys working? He always says to the benefit of the kingdom, but it sounds also for his own benefit.

Anyway I just got surprise to the realization that Sansa and Varys hadn´t almost any kind of interaction. He seems not existing on Sansa chapters.

They might not have any direct interaction, but I have no doubt that Varys was keeping watch on her as much as he could. Remember that it's the reason Dontos tells her to meet him in the Godswood because the Red Keep has too many eyes and ears, and Varys was the one to tell Ned about Sansa's plea, which convinced Ned to confess to treason. Plus, Sansa's nickname is littlebird... maybe we might see her becoming a spymaster of sorts.

Unless it was strictly the TV show Vary's is aware of Sansa, he was there at the pleading and even told Ned that she pleaded so nicely for her father, I would think either Varys or Cersei could put 2 and 2 together and with rumors of the Hound in the Saltpan area send out a "hunting" party.

ETA: spelling.

Unless it was strictly the TV show Vary's is aware of Sansa, he was there at the pleading and even told Ned that she pleaded so nicely for her father, I would think either Varys or Cersei could put 2 and 2 together and with rumors of the Hound in the Saltpan area send out a "hunting" party.

ETA: spelling.

True... maybe GRRM is using the crimes committed with the helm as sort of a decoy to give us a plausible reason for Cersei and Varys not immediately descending on the Eyrie as a possible refuge for Sansa (given that it's the seat of her only live, relatively unencumbered family member). Are they thinking that Sansa is with Sandor, rampaging about the riverlands? Sorry for the tangent. :)

Well no doubt the Hound is a wanted man but only Brienne knows he is on the QI....the rest think he is raping and pillaging about.

***** though Brienne doesn't know she knows as she wasn't clever enough to read between the lines with Elder Brother

actually i think after a talk with the elder the hound follows Brienne or jaime

They might not have any direct interaction, but I have no doubt that Varys was keeping watch on her as much as he could. Remember that it's the reason Dontos tells her to meet him in the Godswood because the Red Keep has too many eyes and ears, and Varys was the one to tell Ned about Sansa's plea, which convinced Ned to confess to treason. Plus, Sansa's nickname is littlebird... maybe we might see her becoming a spymaster of sorts.

Yes, that it is the fact: I was refering to direct interaction. Of course Varys knows about Sansa movements. This is the reason why is so important that all her interactions with The Hound are at night in an open space or in the middle of a lost battle. Cause in all those cases they are kind of free of been spy.

And of course: her encounters with Dontos where there arranged by LF so it was more difficult to Varys spied her there.

Well no doubt the Hound is a wanted man but only Brienne knows he is on the QI....the rest think he is raping and pillaging about.

***** though Brienne doesn't know she knows as she wasn't clever enough to read between the lines with Elder Brother

Brienne doesn´t know that the gravedigger "is" The Hound. She only saught a novice limed, and she was looking for a fiercely fighter that was with a young redhaired girl.

Brienne doesn´t know that the gravedigger "is" The Hound. She only saught a novice limed, and she was looking for a fiercely fighter that was with a young redhaired girl.

Which is why I said Brienne doesn't know she knows!!!!! She does know....she just doesn;t know it! If she had PAID ATTENTION to the EB, she would've figured it out ;)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Which is why I said Brienne doesn't know she knows!!!!! She does know....she just doesn;t know it! If she had PAID ATTENTION to the EB, she would've figured it out ;)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Or to the brother that was able to speak. He puts pokerface when she tells why she is there.

Excellent question. Do you know the answer? If not, I for one will keep my eyes open as we continue with the re-read.

Yeah, I was just wondering where the hell he was, indeed, or if any of his little birds reported anything that night. Plus as we know, Varys is a master of disguise, so it's possible he could have been hiding in plain sight.

Archived