Mafia Mini 87.5 - Trouble at Wittlich - Game Ended.

Zar Lannister

I have only 2 full games of experience here, My main board for mafia is a private board with old friends called Utopia. The real issue is since I work unique hours as well as I make alot of jokes along the way it causes confusion especially since many westerosi do not know me well. And on Utopia i tend to be a scapegoat. The only reason I know this stat roughly is that over 20 games, I didn't get voted for twice and the third time I did it was what is referred to here as a roleless innocent. My reasoning behind my vote (very bad post organisation #141) was yes I did start posting on the sixth page because when I first got onto the board today although it was the sixth page and I like to open with a joke and sometimes some RP, why else would I say the Healer wasted his heal on Piper who committed suicide, And paraphase WJ saying he is a werewolf. My playing style is unique here that is why it gathers attention both good and bad.

This is an example of the over-explanation I was talking about earlier. In this case, a long rambling paragraph that is nervous, defensive, and difficult to follow.

Think about It every real day allows there to be 2 less cards in the deck. Even if they draw the attention away they allow it to be one more day of kills. BBMolla yes he did not understand the joke but I think he was scumhunting whether fake to draw attention away from himself and his partner or whether he was playing the game, I do not know the real reasoning behind it. I took it as the former since it appeared to me he analysed whether my inital post was serious or not yet his post after seemed to me as weird,

What exactly are you saying here? Do you find BB suspicious or not?

You think he was scumhunting, but you aren't sure whether or not it was genuine? Very middle of the road.

This game is moving slowly.

A few things I've noticed -

Arthur and Tammy are both less active than they were in the last game. Could be a sign of evil caution (both were more active + innocent last game).

I was less active yesterday. I have a couple deadlines to meet this week, and did what I could yesterday. I can pay more attention to the game today.

Reg, Gert, Monday, Tammy, and Snowstorm - what do you think of the above statement by BBmolla?

Honestly I don't know what to make of that statement. It caught my attention partially because it didn't make sense and partially because the cuuuute seemed weird. In the last game, iirc, he never had more than two votes on him at the beginning of day one. And the previous game, well, he might have had one or two early in the game, but I don't remember. I do know he wasn't even close to being in danger in that game and was considered for the role of kingmaker on day two.

Hear ye! Hear ye! I need to leave to ... er.. prepare something. So you might be without supervision for a short time.

Meanwhile, this is the vote count:

It is day 1

12 players remain: Whiskeyjack, Ethan Glover, Monday, Gertrude, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, SnowStorm, Sophie Baelish, Tammy, TheMalcolm, Regfan, Expecto Patronum, BBMolla.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

4 votes for Monday (Gertrude, Whiskeyjack, TheMalcolm, Sophie Baelish)

3 votes for BBMolla (SnowStorm, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, Ethan Glover)

2 votes for Ethan Glover (BBMolla, Monday)

1 vote for Expecto Patronum (Tammy)

1 vote for Regfan (Expecto Patronum)

1 vote for Sophie Baelish (Regfan)

'Newness' doesn't impact the likelihood of being scum, it's something that town mistakenly gave me leniency for last game and I see no reason to give Sophie leniancy, just because she's 'new' doesn't mean that her actions are any less scummy, in fact I expect a less mechanical play style from a newer town player and can understand a newer scum player trying to use a mechanical play style to pull themselves out of the focus.

I never said that newness meant she couldn't be scum; I drew evil the very first game I played so I'm well aware of the need to be cautious for that. I was just wondering if knowing she's new impacted the way you read her. I don't read her the way you are. She seems to me someone who is a bit unsure and maybe a bit intimidated since this is her first game.

The post of mine Tammy was addressing:

Dunno. I made up that Arthur doesn't usually use that many emoticons. I actually have no recollection of Arthur's usual emoticon posting frequency. Suppose I just wanted to add weight to my vote so he'd take it serious and respond in a way I could get a read from, like, rattle him a bit. Manufacture something worth talking about. Or...something?

That's fairly accurate. Reg caught me off guard. I was expecting to have a more meaningful exchange with Arthur, but the spaghetti I threw at the wall splattered back in my face a bit.

The werelion jokes dried up, so yeah. Why? Doesn't she seem serious to you? Her thoughts below on you and Expecto are stolen right from my brain, so I like where her head is at.

Ethan is a strange one. Like BB said, the only reason Ethan (who has 20 games worth of experience) is voting for him is because BB voted for Ethan.

Also, what is with that 85% statistic Ethan? That's a pretty wild number. Did you make it up? Are you some magic FM magnet? Why do think the FM vote for you so often? Is your early play style specifically geared to attract the votes of the FM? Is there a reason BB as FM would be more likely to vote you than if he were town?

So, uh, it's perfectly all right for you to make up something in order to make someone seem guilty for the sake of discussion, but it's not all right for me to ask you a perfectly reasonable question?

It might not have been an unreasonable question, but it seemed silly and possibly disingenuous IMO.
You seemed suspicious of her earlier, I asked you if your impression of her has changed. I didn't realize your suspicion was based on the werelion jokes, I thought you were seeing something I wasn't, and I wanted to see where your head is at.
You saw her posts up to the point I made that comment, what was there to see in them?

What gives me pause is why you're attempting to turn it around on me. Seems strange since I wasn't accusing you of anything with that question...just asking a question.
What are you talking about? I was just wondering why you'd ask that question. It seemed weird at that point.
And, if you'd read what I wrote to Regfan you would know that I already said I agree with him on Gertrude being a strong town read, which answers the question you asked.

I've got a class to teach; I'll be back in a few hours and will be here until lynch.

Tammy your attitude and approach feels abnormal. I've mentioned to you before in skype mafia that your lack of indignation/defensiveness as FM is a big tell for you. I'm afraid that this is you trying to remedy that tell. I feel like you are trying to be defensive or indignant(for lack of a bettter word) for the sake of being defensive.

Reg, Gert, Monday, Tammy, and Snowstorm - what do you think of the above statement by BBmolla?

I rolled my eyes when I read it. I don't think mopiness is a FM tell, but I suppose it was eversoslightly bad that he felt the need to comment on his three vote superwagon.

Who else do you suspect, along with Monday? You mentioned Ethan and Tammy before, but didn't seem to have a strong read on either of them. Are they near the top of your list?

From the little I know, I know it is really hard to have a strong scummy read on anyone, on day one (at least for me). When I read those few games, it was only after day two that I could have a better formed idea of who may be scum. Maybe is because I'm new at this. You tell me.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm gonna give you my reads off the top of my head because I don't have time to re-read right now, in a couple hours, maybe.

In no particular order:

- SnowStorm: Seems town to me. I know SS can be shy, but I've seen some scumhunting from him, so yes, town.

- Expecto Patronum: a little over the place, but his reactions seem townish to me.

- Ethan Glover: His posts just feel iffy to me, even though I can't exactly say why. Maybe the problem is that he hasn't said much. Call it a gut thing, but leaning to scum for me.

- Regfan: I don't have any reason to distrust him nor to trust him, so he's a null for me.

- Tammy: She reacted in an overdefensive kind of way to a few comments made about her, but I don't remember her gameplay, so I don't know how normal this is in her. However, her vote on expecto, for his claim that she was overexplaining, doesn't help her at all. Bordering on scummy.

- Whiskeyjack: I have no clue.

- Gertrude: I've seen her honestly scumhunting. Town to me.

- TheMalcolm: Very little information. Complete null so far.

- BBmolla: Not much to work with, so a null, for now.

- Ser-Arthur-Dayne: Now that's another interesting character. His play seems consistent with town gameplay, yes, I know he's never been scum. But for now, town to me.

- SnowStorm: Seems town to me. I know SS can be shy, but I've seen some scumhunting from him, so yes, town.

Are these the instances of scumhunting you are refering to?

Sophie, why did you remove your vote on Expecto?

edit: never mind, I hadn't noticed you had answered this already.

edit2: Lol you already answered me, forget the edits :P

What do you think of their first votes on each other? Would you call it distancing too? Did you take them into account when you thought this?

Seems lackluster to me. This earns him a town read but WJ is still a no read? Curious.

Seems lackluster to me. This earns him a town read but WJ is still a no read? Curious.

What can I say? I guess I'm wary of WJ. Who can blame me? I know he could sell us to the highest bidder and we wouldn't know it (hipothetically speaking of his abilities, of course). If it makes you feel any better, I can call it a gut thing (about SS).

Seems lackluster to me.

Yeah, same here. I feel like Snowstorm hasn't done much at all this game.

Best thing I can say for him is that he didn't feel pressured to cast a new vote, even after both Sophie and I questioned him about it. In most cases, his lack of suspects would be a red flag. But the fact that he didn't drum up a suspect list after being pressured could be a small point in his favor.

That said, at best he's tier 2 for me.

Honestly I don't know what to make of that statement. It caught my attention partially because it didn't make sense and partially because the cuuuute seemed weird. In the last game, iirc, he never had more than two votes on him at the beginning of day one. And the previous game, well, he might have had one or two early in the game, but I don't remember. I do know he wasn't even close to being in danger in that game and was considered for the role of kingmaker on day two.

I may not have had wagons to the point of claiming, but I was always was in scum lists. Like "My top suspects are X, Y, and BBmolla."

I rolled my eyes when I read it. I don't think mopiness is a FM tell, but I suppose it was eversoslightly bad that he felt the need to comment on his three vote superwagon.

It was the biggest wagon at the time iirc, as well as pretty much all votes on me being one after another. I know my alignment, so I find something off about that.

Sophie I've posted and interacted plenty, why do you have no read on me?

That post as a whole just seems really off.

It might not have been an unreasonable question, but it seemed silly and possibly disingenuous IMO.

You saw her posts up to the point I made that comment, what was there to see in them?

What are you talking about? I was just wondering why you'd ask that question. It seemed weird at that point.

Tammy your attitude and approach feels abnormal. I've mentioned to you before in skype mafia that your lack of indignation/defensiveness as FM is a big tell for you. I'm afraid that this is you trying to remedy that tell. I feel like you are trying to be defensive or indignant(for lack of a bettter word) for the sake of being defensive.

I don't know why you think it's silly for me to ask you if your impression of someone had changed whom you earlier said you wished you could vote for. I was interested in seeing where your head was at, as I said. You were the one who seemed to get defensive because I dared to ask you a question, which was extremely neutral.

So, does my attitude and approach feel abnormal day one this game just like it did last game? I've already admitted that I had an extremely busy day yesterday and did what I could. I've already told you before that this accusation of me being indignant or defensive when innocent has nothing to do with alignment but with my mood and what I think of the questions being asked. But, yeah let's use skype mafia tells as an example for how I should behave here, nevermind the fact that I've never been sober when playing skype mafia nor have I taken it very seriously.

I may not have had wagons to the point of claiming, but I was always was in scum lists. Like "My top suspects are X, Y, and BBmolla."

You are right, I do remember your name being tossed around a couple times, but I didn't remember a wagon.

I've got to go and I don't think I'll be able to come back before the deadline. So now I really need to change my vote.

I really don't like Tammy's #200. Don't ask me why, I've tried to put it in words, but I can't. But it's making me uncomfortable with voting either Monday or Expecto, which are the players that look the worst imo.

Scum don't usually say I look town, so I'm leaning town on Sophie. BB is town too, for now. I think Reg is my strongest town read, like WJ said, his playstyle this round is a little different from last round's and I remember reading that Reg prefers playing inno to scum. WJ is null-town for now. Gertrude looks good. The rest are all null.

I'm switching to Expecto.

What seems off about her post? Would you expect something different from someone who is new?

Even though I appreciate the sentiment, I'm not too comfortablewith you defending me. Everyone here should know I'm new by now. But, the fact that you keep justifying part of my behaviour based on that, may make towns paranoid about me. They may end up believing that because I'm a newb, I could get away with certain things, and I don't want that, because it may make them wary of me, and fuel distrust around me. I don't mean to be rude to you, just speaking my mind here.

I've got to go and I don't think I'll be able to come back before the deadline. So now I really need to change my vote.

I really don't like Tammy's #200. Don't ask me why, I've tried to put it in words, but I can't. But it's making me uncomfortable with voting either Monday or Expecto, which are the players that look the worst imo.

Scum don't usually say I look town, so I'm leaning town on Sophie. BB is town too, for now. I think Reg is my strongest town read, like WJ said, his playstyle this round is a little different from last round's and I remember reading that Reg prefers playing inno to scum. WJ is null-town for now. Gertrude looks good. The rest are all null.

I'm switching to Expecto.

Before you leave - want to explain why you voted for Expecto? Why do you feel that he and Monday look the worst?

Archived