Mafia Mini 87.5 - Trouble at Wittlich - Game Ended.

Zar Lannister

Ethan - not sure if you're joking or not, but Piper is not playing (is a co-mod) and Whiskeyjack's quote was cut off.

Mind you, I like how you edited WJ's words. ;)

Edited I just made it easier to read (And to help my point). And yes I know that Piper is or was co-mod (I am unsure since as the town we killed her and is either undead (like a zombie) or back from the dead (like a zombie or a certain religious figure)

I thought Ethans entire post was a lame form of a joke, don't think it was him 'faking scumhunting'.

Going for a jog. Will be back in an hour or so.

lame, *Shakes fist at Regfan*

Ethan

He's a werewolf trying to fake scumhunting. It's not working.

BBmolla

He is a werewolf that cannot understand a joke. Of course it didn't work someone said very mean words about it (lame). He voted for me, From my 20 previous mafia games trends show that person who initially votes for me is 85% likely to be the killer. And you did do the same thing

EHEHEHEHEH OH YOU TAMMY

Whiskeyjack

Werewolf hunter, or Werewolf who is hunting us? Obviously trying to decieve us. Nice try.

The big differences between my post BB and yours was mine was a bit later and second that i did not vote

BBMolla. You joke voted WJ after his first post, now you're voting Ethan, who picked on WJ's first post too. Ethan's post was bad but not necessarily scummy are you distancing from him?

It sounds like you BB are trying to draw attention away from yourself and onto the first person who makes a lame :bawl: and bad :bawl: post.

BBmolla? Care to expand? Because this vote stinks bad. I agree with whoever said it looks like major distancing. Although very badly played imo. It seems you are trying to pass serious distancing as a joke :shrug:

See even Ser Arthur Dayne, the finest knight Ned Stark ever saw agrees with me on this.

Expecto; It's not a paragraph 'based on you', it's a paragraph where I explain my scum reads. And it's not a 'case on you'. Also you can't say over-explaining =/= a scum-tell and then say you're going to treat it as one in this case. It doesn't work that way, sure you might have seen FM over explain in the past but you'll find that the depth of analysis people use in their posts is something that remains constant from one game to another, not involving their role.

Now quit avoiding my posts and actually answer my questions;

1) What about my posts do you find 'hard to understand'? and

2) Is English your native language

overexplanation isn't a scum-tell and attempting to suggest it is one is the same as saying that conversation and discussion should be limited and restricted while subtly throwing suspicion to anyone that does so. Though I may be misreading the seriousness of the post from him. Expecto

sure you might have seen FM over explain in the past but you'll find that the depth of analysis people use in their posts is something that remains constant from one game to another, not involving their role.

I disagree - I think FM over-explain things a lot, especially on day 1. But I'm not sure you understand the argument (probably because its not being explained well here). Its not the act of in depth explanation thats suspicious. Its the overly long answer and awkward tone, when the issue in question only demands a short response. And its not always game related. A lot of times, it happens when people explain why they were away from the thread for so long.

Regardless....Expecto is applying it wrong. So I agree with you that his point against Tammy sucks.

It is day 1

12 players remain:

BBMolla, Ethan Glover, Expecto Patronum, Gertrude, Monday, Regfan, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, SnowStorm, Sophie Baelish, Tammy, TheMalcolm, Whiskeyjack.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Expecto Patronum (Sophie Baelish, Tammy, Regfan)

3 votes for BBMolla (SnowStorm, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, Ethan Glover)

1 vote for Ethan Glover (BBMolla)

1 vote for Monday (Gertrude)

1 vote for Regfan (Expecto Patronum)

1 vote for Ser-Arthur-Dayne (Monday)

1 vote for Tammy (Whiskeyjack)

1 player has not voted: TheMalcolm

I disagree - I think FM over-explain things a lot, especially on day 1. But I'm not sure you understand the argument (probably because its not being explained well here). Its not the act of in depth explanation thats suspicious. Its the overly long answer and awkward tone, when the issue in question only demands a short response. And its not always game related. A lot of times, it happens when people explain why they were away from the thread for so long.

I consider 'awkward tone' and 'over-explanation' as two completely different things. The first I can see being a scum tell, the second I cannot. Also people explaining themselves being away from the thread for so long in an in-depth matter can be a scum tell but again I wouldn't call that over-explanation, I'd classify that close to over-defensiveness.

Do you have any strong reads from the past 8 pages?

Using emoticons isn't always a scum tell, but I believe it is in this case. He's using them way more than he has before (he has always been innocent before) and I firmly believe overuse of emoticons is a nervous tell. Arthur seems nervous and struggling to look like he has something to say. He is our best bet IMO.

You're spewing bullshit. I just went through and skimmed the first 10ish or so pages of 86.5 looking specifically at the amount of emotions he uses per post and it's consistently at least one per post, in most or at least a large portion of posts he has 2, that's nearly no different from here at all.

It's probably not. I was making shit up. Caught me, reg.

Monday.....can you explain this? I actually agree that things like emoticons (and exclamation points!) can be indications of guilt, if the tone of the post looks awkward and nervous. I think I've made that argument a few times, and I'm wondering if you remembered that and it inspired your post against Arthur.

The problem is, a few people called you on making up your argument....and you admitted to it. Huh? Why did you make it up? What was the point? What were you trying to accomplish?

Really stands out to me as suspicious. I'm kind of wondering if you've been caught bullshitting and just didn't know how to react.

I consider 'awkward tone' and 'over-explanation' as two completely different things. The first I can see being a scum tell, the second I cannot. Also people explaining themselves being away from the thread for so long in an in-depth matter can be a scum tell but again I wouldn't call that over-explanation, I'd classify that close to over-defensiveness.

Okay so your terminology is different than mine. Who cares? I know what over-explanation means when I say it - like I posted before, its an answer thats too long for the issue in question, and where the tone is awkward.

A newer player like Expecto probably saw me use it in the past, saw that I caught a few FM that way, and decided to try to apply it himself. But he clearly used it wrong. The relevant question here is if he was kind of clueless or if he did it because he's evil. Personally, I'm leaning toward the latter and suspect him for it.

Do you have any strong reads from the past 8 pages?

I'm in the process of replying to the new stuff. But the short answer is yeah, I don't like Monday or Expecto at all. I think some strong points have been made against both of them. And I think their recent interaction looks like distancing (which I'll get to in a second), so I could actually see them as a team.

The possible distancing that I mentioned before -

Moving on...

Expecto?

What has changed from here

to here?

Why switch your vote off someone you think is scummy? Do you think reg looks scummier than Tammy now? Why?

Nothing has changed... I find them both scummy... plus I am far from my decisive vote yet... plenty of time before lynch time...

Why is reg suspicious, in your opinion?

Cause I can't understand his ways.. at all. Nor do I understand what he means. I take that as someone feeding us pure bullshit or maybe I am the problem and can't understand him. Hence why I want him to explain (himself) to me...

I dunno.. does that make sense?

And I just saw all posts from above... so no.. I didn't see where he attacked me. somehow I managed to skip through that... I'll go check it out...

As they both get into a bit of trouble, Monday all of a sudden turns her attention to Expecto and starts questioning him. But it doesn't feel entirely natural to me.

In part, I might be bothered by the fact that Expecto chooses to answer Monday, but he completely ignores the exact same question from Regfan, which came before Monday's post (something that Gert mentioned earlier) -

You'll need to elaborate because I fail to see how my posts are difficult to understand at all, in fact theyr'e all fairly straight forward.

Also what made you drop your 'tunnel' on Tammy, didn't you find her 'OMGUS' towards you incredibly scummy?

Expecto; It's not a paragraph 'based on you', it's a paragraph where I explain my scum reads. And it's not a 'case on you'. Also you can't say over-explaining =/= a scum-tell and then say you're going to treat it as one in this case. It doesn't work that way, sure you might have seen FM over explain in the past but you'll find that the depth of analysis people use in their posts is something that remains constant from one game to another, not involving their role.

Now quit avoiding my posts and actually answer my questions;

1) What about my posts do you find 'hard to understand'? and

2) Is English your native language

*sighs*

1. IF I KNEW WHY THEY WERE HARD TO UNDERSTAND I WOULD SAY IT AND/OR UNDERSTAND THEM. I said it.. I read you and I don't get your points... you say a lot without actually saying anything.. it's like you're just mixing words for the sake of it which makes me believe you are just fake case building =S

2. No, English is not my native language. Mind you. And no, I don't analyze what I write.. because I just do that.. I write whatever flows in my head. And I did write below THAT post that it was going to be strange to read because as I wrote it it seemed like so. But again, I was lazy to go back and edit it. And yes, I did take this to be rather rude of you. I would justify myself into why I think my english is not bad at all, but heck.. I'm not going to go into such discussions in a game. This is not what I'm here for. I'm here to enjoy myself, and that is what I intend to do.

*back to normal expecto, "not giving a Cr@p" again*

The possible distancing that I mentioned before -

As they both get into a bit of trouble, Monday all of a sudden turns her attention to Expecto and starts questioning him. But it doesn't feel entirely natural to me.

In part, I might be bothered by the fact that Expecto chooses to answer Monday, but he completely ignores the exact same question from Regfan, which came before Monday's post (something that Gert mentioned earlier) -

Yes... you got it.. monday is my scum friend... happy? WTF? this is BS... :ack: :bs:

I would justify myself into why I think my english is not bad at all, but heck.. I'm not going to go into such discussions in a game. This is not what I'm here for. I'm here to enjoy myself, and that is what I intend to do.

I think your English is excellent. :cheers:

Edited I just made it easier to read (And to help my point).

Kind of hard to read Ethan since he's new, but this looks like something an innocent player would say. Carefree joke, in spite of the fact that somebody has already voted for him based on the post he's discussing.

I agree on Monday backing up on her suspicions of Arthur is really weird. And from the little I've read him I've noticed he's a heavy emoticons user.

Also, I didn't find Ethan's post #106 that weird, but his last one did give me weird vibes, maybe I didn't understand his humor.

There were some things that I did not understand like:

BBmolla

He is a werewolf that cannot understand a joke. Of course it didn't work someone said very mean words about it (lame). He voted for me, From my 20 previous mafia games trends show that person who initially votes for me is 85% likely to be the killer. And you did do the same thing

Tammy did raise flags for me in her firsts posts, but I don't have a definite read on her just yet.

So, Unvote, for now. We have almost an entire day to go, so I hope I'll get more information by tomorrow noon (GMT-4)

Archived