A Storm of Videos

Westeros

Yes, in the books, Littlefinger moves a lot, but after Catelyn's journey. I dont think putting them together is a big deal, I even think it can make some really good stuff !

They just posted a Renly Season 2 Teaser on FB. It seems way off the book.

First, we see Littlefinger hanging around Renly's camp doing what he does..from what I remember he wasn't there?

Second, there are scenes of Renly and Loras being intimate and Margaery walking in on them and then being naked herself. I thought they could be about to have an orgy..

She then is questioned by Littlefinger about her marriage to Renly and says she did it for the "good of the realm"...seems they are hyping up and really embelishing this relationship and Margaery very early on...

Anyone else catch it?

This is the same one that's been up for a few days on youtube... i think its linked earlier in the thread... Or is it a different one?

I was very curious about seeing Catelyn and Littlefinger meeting at the camp. Not like in the books, but if we get a cool new scene out of it, great! I'm thrilled to see we'll get a scene between Margaery and Littlefinger. This, I really want to see. It will be a nice opportunity to get a better glimpse into Margaery's character. I've always been intrigued by this character and from little we've seen from the featurette, I'm very happy to see that the way a lot of people pictured her to be is spot on.

[edit]:arg, sorry­. I rephrased and forgot the "not" and I type horribly bad.

I was very curious about seeing Catelyn and Littlefinger meeting at the camp. Not like in the books, but if we get a cool new scene out of it, great! I'm not thrilled to see we'll get a scene between Margaery and Littlefinger. This, I really want to see. It will be a nice opportunity to get a better glimpse into Margaery's character. I've always been intrigued by this character and from little we've seen from the featurette, I'm very happy to see that the way a lot of people pictured her to be is spot on.

I'm confused you said you are not thrilled about Littlefinger and Margaery getting a scene but you really want to see it. Are you conflicted or is that a stray "not"?

I'm not sure everyone pictured those outfits! I am also pleased with the change in the adaptation of having Littlefinger arrive at Renly's camp earlier. I am worried it might affect the King's Landing story line negatively though.

I am worried it might affect the King's Landing story line negatively though.

Maybe.

But LF doesn't do much in KL. He'll presumably will still have a few interactions with Tyrion before he leaves but after that, he is quiet enough.

Maybe.

But LF doesn't do much in KL. He'll presumably will still have a few interactions with Tyrion before he leaves but after that, he is quiet enough.

A Clash of Kings and HBO episode synopses for season 2 spoilers ahead

I agree he has minimal scenes in King's Landing in A Clash of Kings. My specific worry was that in order to arrive before Renly's death he will have to leave before Tyrion sets out to test the loyalty of the small council with his trio of marriage proposals. It appears from the synopses issued by HBO that those fears were unfounded. For episode 3:

At the Red Keep, Tyrion plots three alliances through the promise of marriage. Catelyn arrives in the Stormlands to forge an alliance of her own. But King Renly, his new wife Margaery and her brother Loras Tyrell have other plans.

For episode 5:

The end of the Baratheon rivalry drives Catelyn to flee and Littlefinger to act.

So hopefully Littlefinger will be around King's Landing for the marriage proposals but at the Tyrell/Baratheon camp before Renly's death.

I wonder what his motivation for leaving will be? Presumably they can dispatch him to attempt an alliance with a still alive Renly but it will then be problematic to explain why he wasn't sent straight away. News of the marriage perhaps? Time will tell.

I agree he has minimal scenes in King's Landing in A Clash of Kings. My specific worry was that in order to arrive before Renly's death he will have to leave before Tyrion sets out to test the loyalty of the small council with his trio of marriage proposals. It appears from the synopses issued by HBO that those fears were unfounded. For episode 3:

You made me remember of the amazing passage in Clash, with Pycelle, Varys and Littlefinger! Oh, how I want to see this in images!

I'm confused you said you are not thrilled about Littlefinger and Margaery getting a scene but you really want to see it. Are you conflicted or is that a stray "not"?

I'm not sure everyone pictured those outfits! I am also pleased with the change in the adaptation of having Littlefinger arrive at Renly's camp earlier. I am worried it might affect the King's Landing story line negatively though.

argh, not I mean I'm thrilled to see that scene.

I think it will be fine because if I recall well, Littlefinger doesn't to much in King's Landing anyway, at least not anything that couldn't be given to another character.

My guess is that he'll arrive early to negotiate peace, Catelyn will arrive, confrontation, something something, Littlefinger's still there and negotiates something else of his own initiative (getting the Council's approval or not is not crucial to the story).

I wonder what his motivation for leaving will be? Presumably they can dispatch him to attempt an alliance with a still alive Renly but it will then be problematic to explain why he wasn't sent straight away. News of the marriage perhaps? Time will tell.

There can be a few reasons. Renly starting his march on KL? Hearing that Stannis has declared himself King? Stannis doesn't do that for a while even in the books. It may be Tyrion's idea also. Delaying the march would give them some time, since at that stage the Lannisters were surrounded by both Baratheon brothers and Robb.

There can be a few reasons. Renly starting his march on KL? Hearing that Stannis has declared himself King? Stannis doesn't do that for a while even in the books. It may be Tyrion's idea also. Delaying the march would give them some time, since at that stage the Lannisters were surrounded by both Baratheon brothers and Robb.

Renly and Stannis have joined the war by the end of the first season; Kevan reports claims from both in "Fire and Blood" - otherwise good suggestions.

Archived