GRRM on Season 3

Westeros

What about the potential cliffhanger of Beric giving Catelyn the kiss? Ending = her eyes opening...

I think that cliffhanger needs a bit of time to stew. It should be at the end of S4 imo, revealing Uncat via Brienne's Quest (moved forwards chronologically.)

I hope the RW will be like Blackwater. An episode relating only to the players involved: The Starks, Tullys and bannerman, the Freys and bannermen, and the parallel journey of Arya and the Hound.

I have to say, I do like the idea of one episode devoted to the RW. Sure, it makes it clear that something big is happening but it will be one of the last episodes in the season, so something big was always going to be happening. And yes, other story lines could suffer but there are 9 other episodes to cover all the other arcs and that should be enough, if the writing is good enough.

If I had to guess, I don't think it will happen. I will continue to hope though.

I do think we will end the season with the return of Catelyn. People are worried that the season will be too bleak otherwise (without the PW) and this would perfectly solve that issue (until viewers learn more about what unCat is anyhow).

And Sansa's wedding is 22 chapters before the RW, so RW will probably appear in the last episode of the season

They are free to change the order of the events though.

(Jaime and Brienne)

1. Wander

2. Fight and get arrested

3. Jaime loses his hand/meet blood Mummers

4. Meet Qyburn

5. Meeting with Roose Bolton (has to be enough material to give faint clues to RW)

6. Jaime sent to KL w/ Steelshanks and Quyburn, Brienne sent to bear pit (seems like a good ending for this Arc)

I loved looking at your list but this one, no dream and bathhouse scene? That's the lynchpin of the whole arc. And the payoff is the bear pit rescue. They have to do that this season, with the rest.

I loved looking at your list but this one, no dream and bathhouse scene? That's the lynchpin of the whole arc. And the payoff is the bear pit rescue. They have to do that this season, with the rest.

I forgot about the bath and the awkward sexual tension. It'll be interesting to watch that play out.

And I'd love to see a dream sequence, but I always had trouble interpreting that dream. Since the TV show likes doing twists on the exact prophecies/dreams from the book, I'd like to see that adaptation.

BTW, am I supposed to be using spoiler tags on this forum?

Archived