If you could have Martin answer any one question...

Mercurial

I already asked my question (well, Werthead did), but he didn't answer. ;)

This was the question:

What I would like to know is: Sansa Stark is at a bit of a disadvantage compared to the other surviving Stark children in that her direwolf is dead and the direwolves have proven important in different ways to the other Stark children. Can we expect her to get a replacement or compensation of sorts to make up for the lack of a direwolf?

I thought he said she'd be getting a dire turtle, like the one on his hat.

At this point, I'd go with "What aspects of the story do you think fans aren't assigning enough attention to?"

Because you know he has the whole thing pretty much worked out in his head, and when you know how things work out you can drop clues that make TOTAL SENSE when you know the whole picture, but are easy to overlook while things are still unraveling. I'm sure he's dropped a couple of gimmes in there, thinking fans would catch right on, and then been surprised to not hear a word about them. I want to know what they are!

At this point, I'd go with "What aspects of the story do you think fans aren't assigning enough attention to?"

Because you know he has the whole thing pretty much worked out in his head, and when you know how things work out you can drop clues that make TOTAL SENSE when you know the whole picture, but are easy to overlook while things are still unraveling. I'm sure he's dropped a couple of gimmes in there, thinking fans would catch right on, and then been surprised to not hear a word about them. I want to know what they are!

This is a very good one!

Kudos for a good first post.

I already asked my question (well, Werthead did), but he didn't answer. ;)

This was the question:

What I would like to know is: Sansa Stark is at a bit of a disadvantage compared to the other surviving Stark children in that her direwolf is dead and the direwolves have proven important in different ways to the other Stark children. Can we expect her to get a replacement or compensation of sorts to make up for the lack of a direwolf?

GRRM's delayed response was great - Sansa will get a direturtle :lol:

First time poster here and so glad to have discovered this place after being a fan of the books since the first one came out. I thought this would make for an interesting topic - if you had access to George Martin, say over coffee, and you could ask him one question that you knew he would answer honestly and fully, what would it be?

I'm sure many of us would default to confirmation of the R+L=J theory, I know I'd be tempted to, but I'm sure there are other mysteries out there that are gnawing at us... so you've got his ear - what would you ask?

First of all, great first post.

Secondly, I do believe my question would either be "Where do whores go?" or "Will House Lannister ever get a sword of Valyrian steel?"

Something not too spoilerish, but still interesting.

I would ask him if he plans in place for someone else to finish the series if he dies before its completed.

GRRM has stated if he does not have any plans for someone else to finish the series if he dies.

My question would be: What did maester Luwin whisper to Osha right before he died.

Well If I have access to him over coffee I would slip something into his drink, carry him (would need help) to somewhere isolated and make him work on the books without distraction until he is done with the series.

Yes!!!Yes!!!Yes!!! the thought of waiting 10 years for the next 2 books is beyound depressing. I want to know how it all ends. We can all fantasize the ending but it's no use, we need the last tow books.

Archived