What potential plot development do you dread the most?

Jolene Brown

Jon remaining LC of the Night's Watch for the rest of his life. Screw the vows: the Night's Watch is obsolete and ineffectual, it's failing from within, and the Wall is a frozen hell-hole that is no proper home for anyone. I don't care if he becomes king, lord or dogcatcher of Wintertown, I just want him the hell out of there.

Tyrion surviving the series.

More dead Starks, especially Rickon. Sheesh, the kid hasn't even had a life.

Having the Others turn out to be the biggest red herring in the history of literature.

This are the ones I'd hate the most to see:

• R+L=J turns out to be true. I prefer Jon to be Ned's son.
  • Cersei, Jaime and/or Tyrion are Aerys II's children.
  • Sandor is alive.
  • Myrcella dies. I've come to accept Tommen's death (they killed him when they crowned him), but I want her to live peacefully in Dorne with Trystane.
  • Tyrion finds Tysha.
  • Tyrion ends up with Penny.
  • Dany never returns to Westeros.
  • Dany and Tyrion never meet.
  • Theon dies without telling anyone the truth about Bran and Rickon's "deaths". It doesn't matter that Manderly and Davos know that they are alive, I want him to confess.
  • Jeyne is pregnant and escaped Riverrun with the Blackfish.
  • Gendry never finds out he's Robert's bastard.

And I agree with:

I have a really bad feeling that Davos is going to end up dead. I really want him to be able to go home to his new castle and be with what remains of his family.

Dany becoming queen is my worst nightmare. I will only accept this if Bronn is king.

Though I am a Stannis fan I am not that opposed to Dany becoming queen, its the way she gains the throne thats crucial imo. If she does it by rallying the nobles, gathers an army etc then fair enough but if it comes solely from having fire breathing flying lizards then I will be dissapointed.Oh and I think Bronn would be an awful king, all things considered..

Anyone other than Jaime as the valonqar.

Jaime and Sandor not playing a crucial role in the endgame.

Dany claiming the Iron Throne (yet I really think she will).

More direwolves and Starks dying.

No reunion for the remaining Starks (I do not want Bran to remain a tree and I want Arya away from the FM asap).

UnGregor not receiving his comeuppance at the hands of Sandor.

Euron and Victarion not dying as quickly and painfully as possible.

ETA: Samwell not retiring to the QI to live out his days peacefully and, more importantly, SILENTLY.

A few things:

- Cersei's prophecy arc actually being true. She was such an engaging character, full of intrigue and interesting dilemmas regarding sexism, woman's role in society, yadda, yadda, and that was such a cop-out by Martin. The only time in ASOIAF I really felt wronged;

- Stannis not getting a break. I can take the man not being king, but c'mon, at least give the guy some recognition;

- Arya not realizing she's turning into a sociopath.

- Jon being a secret Targ. I know, I know, the clues all lead to this, but it'd be much more interesting if he turned out to simply be a bastard who actually made a someone out of himself instead of being a secret king/lord/whatever all along.

That's mostly it.

If Arya doesn't reunite with Nymeria I will lose it.

The fate of the Starks.

What the hell is gonna happen to Dany and Aegon?

Also, of course, I'm dreading who will get the Iron Throne, if it's even left to get. I hate the saying "You play the game of thrones or die." Simplistically, that could mean there's only one person to survive. And if that's someone I don't like, I will die.

Archived