What potential plot development do you dread the most?

Jolene Brown

I just have one. Every time I imagine Bran speaking to another character elsewhere through a weirwood tree, probably as a deus ex machina to stop something from happening at the last minute, I truly want to die. Please god, do not let this happen.

Anything involving another character dying and being brought back to life through magic. I think GRRM opened a can of worms when he introduced this idea into the series to be honest. I mean it was reaaaaally cool, I gotta admit, but I don't know if I like the idea of anyone being able to pop back alive with a touch of magic.

Dany becoming Queen of Westeros, most people would have seen it coming since aGoT and unless she undergoes SIGNIFICANT character development, she would be a terrible queen. Also the whole idea that she is going to become Queen because of her dragons to me feels a little cheap. I would rather her and her dragons be used in a fight against the others or if she does become Queen, she becomes the Mad Queen and is killed by Jaime (for total redemption). Just my opinion though....

I have a really bad feeling that Davos is going to end up dead. I really want him to be able to go home to his new castle and be with what remains of his family.

If Jon Snow *did* turn out to be Ned Stark's bastard. All the tantalising hints and evidence would then make no sense and it would seem like GRRM just enjoys taunting his most avid fans rather than crafting a decent narrative resolution.

If any more Stark children die, for ANY reason. It's depressing what the characters from the first novel (the ones we have known longest and sympathise with most) have gone through by now. I want some semblance of a happy (or at least, non-tragic) ending for them.

If Daenerys spends another book on a cultural tour of Essos, ruminating to herself.

And agree with you Toccs! Davos is one of the characters I want to see make it through! he deserves it by now... Though I feel he might be okay. Stannis probably won't, in the scheme of things, but it's too much to kill both Stannis AND Davos (Melisandre will be dragonfood).

Jon Snow's heritage. I wish this wasn't a mystery. I hope that he turns out to be Ned's son even if it means he's just a bastard. I'm also worried about the truth of Lyanna and Rhaegar. I don't want Robert's Rebellion to have started over a lie.

And of course I don't want see anymore Starks die or suffer grievous injury :).

Cersei's death. I think she's one of the best villains in literature and I think the series will be sorely lacking something when she's gone. I know she WILL die, but I hope it's towards the end of the last book. I would have no desire to read a book in this series without her and her delicious craziness.

I'm dreading some type of deus ex machina with there being some ridiculous and out of place answer to the problem with the Others. Like making peace with them.

Next, I honestly don't care if Daenerys stays in Essos (Asshai? Please?), JUST LEAVE MEEREEN. THOSE PEOPLE DON'T LIKE YOU.

Arya can't lose her identity either. If she becomes a real FM I will kill someone. She has to be Arya, not "no one."

N + W = J or N + A = J better not be true.

NO MORE RESURRECTIONS

Lastly, Bran better not become a tree.

I'm still a little worried Ghost is going to have to die for Jon to be "reborn"

I'm terrified Littlefinger is going to go too far with Sansa, sexually I mean. I don't want to read that shit.

Bran becoming a tree is very depressing. Can't he still be a spymaster and greenseer back in Winterfell, surrounded by his family and friends? Bloodraven at least got to have a life before he planted himself in that one spot.

Tommen is going to die, we all know it. Which sucks because I really like that little dude :(

I'm worried that GRRM will have to bring Jon back to life from dead. It's going to happen - it is known - and it would have been cool if Beric, Catelyn and "Aegon" hadn't stolen Jon's resurrectional thunder.

I take it back, I have another one or two:

For the love of god, do NOT make Tyrion or Jaime/Cercei Targaryans.

Please do not let Jeyne Westerling turn up pregnant after being switched with someone before Riverrun was yielded (I am 99% convinced by this board that this will happen but I still have a 1% shot that it won't). Catelyn being resurrected and half the important guests at the RW turning up alive (I had assumed they were mostly dead, not hostages) is enough, don't diminish it further.

Oh, wow, too many awful possibilities. Personally, I am dreading:

~ The Others turning out to be "good" and just 'misunderstood' :bs: I could buy them being neutral forces of nature or something, but that's about it.

~ Bran never leaving the cave (especially if Jojen-paste is true :ack: ). Bloodraven being 'evil' or having nefarious purposes. Bran warging/taking over Hodor permanently. I would be saddened beyond words, I adore Hodor. :(

~ Jon really being dead or remaining undead. I actually wouldn't mind him being *reborn* , as this is not actually something we have seen directly happen yet. Everyone says we've seen it a million times, but we haven't. We've only seen people brought back as 'undead' people. There is a difference there. This would be more like a singular occurrence as when Dany was on the pyre to birth the dragons. Yes, the Damphair and Patchface claim to have been brought back by the Drowned God, but that was entirely offscreen, and we don't actually know if either of them truly 'died'. Only problem is that I think GRRM says that everyone who is brought back from the dead is 'changed' and not the same person anymore. Hence my ire if this is the case with Jon Snow. I don't even care about his parentage anymore, I actually *do* like him as a character and just don't want him to be DEAD-dead, or undead. :bang:

~ Dany not forgiving Jorah (should he come to her for forgiveness). Dany not coming back to Mereen and just ditching Barristan, et al. I'm all for her leaving Essos, but not without Ser Grandfather and co.

~ Arya becoming a full FM and turning into "No One"....would be horrific for me. :crying: In fact, the sooner she gets out of that creeply place the better.

~ Sandor Clegane still alive on the QI but either a) his storyline ending there and he is never heard from again, or B) he lives only to die again very soon on-screen. :crying:

~ Sansa losing her Stark identity for good, being seduced by LF (even if it is just mind-seduced), forced into another marriage (please don't let it be to Harry the Heir, LF, or Young Griff!, ew), or becoming too embroiled in the game of thrones and losing her moral compass forever.....again, would be awful to read this. :(

~ Arya having to assassinate another beloved character (or one of her remaining family members)

~ Rickon and Shaggydog ending up wild and angry and unhappy forever

~ Any other direwolves dying. Two = two too many. :crying:

~ Arya never seeing Nymeria again

~ Melisandre burning someone I like

~ Walder Frey croaking before getting his comeuppance :P

~ Brienne or Jaime having to kill the other

~ Gendry never having even a semi-important part to play in the story

~ Never finding out some of the more interesting backstory mysteries that have been behind the series from the beginning. (Basically, GRRM pulling a Lost on us, which he himself says he hopes he won't do, but still you never know...)

For the love of god, do NOT make Tyrion or Jaime/Cercei Targaryans.

I'm with you on the Tyrion one, but I would love for Jaime and Cersei to be Targ bastards. Think of the layers it would add to the story if they were.

-Robert Baratheon despised Targs with every fiber of his being, and then it turns out he was married to one this entire time. Come on, that's funny right?

-Jaime and Tyrion would have both murdered their father. That's some (morbidly) beautiful symmetry right there.

-If Tyrion is Tywin's only son, then the 'I'm you writ small' line of Tyrions just before he killed Tywin really takes on some added significance.

-'Everytime a Targaryen is born, the gods flip a coin' Twins Jaime and Cersei seem to illustrate that point well I think. One is clearly mad (or at least deteriorating in that direction) and the other has always been capable of greatness, and I think Jaime will start living up to that potential soon.

-Tyrion has always had a soft spot in his heart for bastards, cripples and broken things. If Jaime is Aerys' bastard son, he fits all those criteria now, does he not?

Anyway, I just think it would be awesome if they were Targ bastards. I'm hoping Tyrion's dragon dreams are just a red herring, because I really don't want him to be a Targ or gods forbid a dragon rider.

EDIT: If they are Targs, I can't help but look at Jaime and Cersei's incest in a different light. Targ's married brother to sister for centuries, maybe Jaime and Cersei were just subconsciously honoring their real families traditions :rolleyes:

I would love for Jaime and Cersei to be Targ bastards. Think of the layers it would add to the story if they were.

Too many hidden Targs on the canvas as it is. If Jaime and Cersei are Targaryens then it will cheapen Aegon and possibly Jon's storylines. Plus it will cheapen the Lannister storyline. It would all just be too soap opera-y.

Too many hidden Targs on the canvas as it is. If Jaime and Cersei are Targaryens then it will cheapen Aegon and possibly Jon's storylines. Plus it will cheapen the Lannister storyline. It would all just be too soap opera-y.

Well, I can see how some people might not like having all these secret Targs being thrown on the map. I didn't like Aegon being thrown into the story at first either, for that reason (once I read about some of the Blackfyre speculation I started to like it, however).

But I make an exception for Jaime and Cersei, because I actually think them being Targs enriches their story instead of cheapening it for all the reasons I mentioned above. Tyrion being a targ doesn't add anything to the story imo, and that's why I dislike that possibility. And Jaime and Cersei would actually be Targ bastards, not Targs, if that matters at all.

R+L being romanticized. No, I don't think she was raped in his horrific torture tower but having their story into some kind of star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet thing seems just cheap.

=J having any impact on the story. Doesn't matter who his father really was - Jon is a STARK and his place is in the NORTH. Him marrying Dany would add insult to injury.

Archived