What potential plot development do you dread the most?

Jolene Brown

I agree it is not a happy society......which is why I hope that things will drastically change for the better for Westeros society and the world at large by the end of the series.

dany/Jon pairing. Just no.

Sansa ending up with/loving Tyrion or Sandor.

Sansa killing Littlefinger. After Cat's death I feel like Sansa is the only embodiment of the gentle side of femininity, she doesn't need to be masculinised.

Davos dying (please no...)

bran as tree works not for me.

arya actually becoming a Faceless man and not reunited with some of her family.

jon's resurrection - I know he most likely will be, and I didn't want him to die, but it just feels like a gimmick. Too much undeath.

Penny not being killed in the prologue of WoW. Or being mentioned at all.

Ramsey bloody Snow surviving.

Littlefinger dying. I kind of hope he does succeed. It's a morbid fascination, but I pretty much love him.

Rickon being brought back from Skagos and turning into a bad lord of winterfell and becoming Joffrey 2.0

I'd hate it if:

• The Stark kids never see each other again.
  • Jon actually is Ned's son by some other woman.
  • Sansa and Sandor never met again.
  • Jon comes back as UnJon or some creature Melisandre resurrected.
  • Littlefinger, Illyrio and Varys survive.
  • Arya never comes back to Westeros.
  • Any of the Stark children or Jon encounter Lady Stoneheart; I just don't want Cat's kids seeing her like that.
  • Brienne and Jaime are forced to kill each other.
  • Cersei doesn't die or dies before Myrcella and Tommen die. Sorry, cute kiddies, but your mom needs to suffer and she will only suffer truly when you're both dead. Add to this, anyone but Jaime kills Cersei.
  • Benjen's fate is never revealed.
  • Any more direwolves die. Enough!
  • Anyone except Sandor version 2 defeats Robert Strong aka Undead Gregor Clegane.
  • Dany becomes Queen of Westeros just because she has a certain heritage, not because she actually has worked to show she deserves the Iron Throne.

I'd be cool with just about anything if only to have an ending.

But, my head would hurt over the following:

**Jon/Dany--please, just, no.

**Jon IS Ned's son. No, please, no.

**If Stannis never knows that he killed Renly, before he dies. And he must die.

**If Jaime never meets LSH, and sees what has become of her.

**If Dany is somehow capable of controlling her "children" when no other mother in the series can manage it. Because she's special. NO.

**No Howland Reed, and thus, no backstory for TOJ, Rebellion, etc.

**If LSH dies without knowledge of her surviving children.

**If Cercei dies before her children. Likewise, Walder Frey dies before his entire line is wiped out.

**If Jayne Westerling is pregnant.

There's more, but I've come to the conclusion that what we as readers want to happen won't, and what we don't want to happen will. So, no sense in fueling that particular fire. LOL

R+L being romanticized. No, I don't think she was raped in his horrific torture tower but having their story into some kind of star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet thing seems just cheap. =J having any impact on the story. Doesn't matter who his father really was - Jon is a STARK and his place is in the NORTH. Him marrying Dany would add insult to injury.
:agree: I hope Jon never learns about his parentage.

But if he does, please do not make it change anything. He is a wolf, not a dragon ! And any Jon/Dany love story would be :ack:

-Any more people coming back from the dead either as Un-whatevers or plot twists. (I will be ok if Jon survives and is healed but please no zombie Jon.)

That too... enough witgh zombies, undeads and other weird stuff ! And I would hate for Jon to be dead, but hate it even more if he becomes some kind of fire-zombie. Pleaaase, let him heal naturally :bawl:

Also :

- Sandor and Sansa never meeting again (and interacting a bit)

- Arya and Nymeria never reunited

- Stannis becomes king and lives a long and happy life. I want him to pay for what happened to Renly ! That could be by learning that he was involved, and then hating himself for kinslaying. Or by his dying. Whatever. I don't want him to be the winner of the story !

- The Greatjon never making an appearance again.

- Ramsay not dying horribly. It don't care how he dies, I only want it to be slow and very very very painful.

- Tyrion on a dragon... please don't make it happen

- Tyrion meeting Tysha again

- Any other hidden Targs (other than Jon) being revealed. The family was supposed to be extinct, for Rhlorr's sake !

Balon Swann doesn't shove a morningstar up Darkstar's arse.
Thanks for the mental image ! :laugh:

- Anymore Targaryens coming out of the woodwork (excepting Aegon and possibly Jon)

- Sansa not getting a happy ending

- Arya not seeing everyone on her list dead

- Anymore Stark children dying

- Shireen dying

- Daenerys becomes Queen after showing up late and claiming to have defeated the others (She doesn't understand Westeros)

- Possibly unpopular but I'd hate to see Gendry as King, yeah he is a really nice guy but he has no claim, he is a bastard and there is no reason any power would want him on the throne

- Walder Frey lives to the end

- I don't want Jeyne to show up pregant, I want Rickon in Winterfell. I don't want Jeyne and Sybille sniffing around the Regency

- Asha doesn't end up in charge on the Iron Islands

People on this board have sort of freaked me out about the future of the Lannisters. I know they are sort of the bad guys, but I like most of them, and I hate to see them dropping like flies. I even have a soft spot for Cercei, hateful bitch though she was in AFFC, and excuse her worst crimes as overwriting (yes, I do this sometimes) and a bit out of character. Murdering the High Septon, sure, giving people to Qyburn to torture I am not so convinced about. Anyway, I would be sad to see the Lannisters wiped out; I don't even really want Cercei to die, although I think she probably will. But Tommen, Myrcella, Jaime, Tyrion and whatever cousins remain to them of their rapidly diminishing extended family, I would like to see start over and better at Casterly Rock, far from the Iron Throne, which hasn't really brought them much good anyway.

- Arya not seeing everyone on her list dead
Except Sandor. Please let Sandor live ! (although she listed him as "the Hound" and "the Hound" is dead :) )

Possibly unpopular but I'd hate to see Gendry as King, yeah he is a really nice guy but he has no claim, he is a bastard and there is no reason any power would want him on the throne
Totally agree about him not ending on the Iron Throne. But I would like him to become somehow important to the story (not as a Lord on anything like that, but... you know... someone)

Despite my signature, I do have a lot of conditions for the Others being misunderstood to be a compelling storyline.

One key point is that they need to misunderstand humanity even worse then humanity misunderstands them (ie they see humanity as a 2-dimensional evil). The result is instead of being truly evil, they are just really, really misguided. If they turn out to be good somehow in spite of knowing exactly what they are doing, I would be very disappointed.

- Sandor not leaving the QI, but even worse Sansa marrying someone she doesn't love to protect/save him

- still lots of slavery in Essos regardless of Dany's efforts

- the Others pretty much wiping out everyone in Westeros (what's the point of the story then apart from making everyone miserable)?

- the Stark children never meeting again or knowing whether their siblings are alive

- no older Stark relatives surviving (is Blackfish the only one left?) that love the Stark kids for themselves not their inheritance

Not at ruling Mereen she's not.

I shudder to think at how badly the wheels will fall off if you put her in charge of something more complex, like Westeros.

Next to Mereen, ruling Westeros is like riding a a kiddie ride. It's so easy, even Joffrey managed to sort of pull it off for two books (despite actively sabotaging his own rule at nearly every opportunity), and that drunken idiot Robert did it for years.

Unless you're okay with slavery and child torture, that is! Then Mereen's easy as pie.

More Dead Starks or like the Dire wolf become extinct

Sansa staying Alaynne

The Starks don't get a reunion

Boltons, Walder, Black Walder, Lothor Freys survive.

Sam Tarley Dies.

Archived