What potential plot development do you dread the most?

Jolene Brown

R+L being romanticized. No, I don't think she was raped in his horrific torture tower but having their story into some kind of star-crossed lovers, Romeo and Juliet thing seems just cheap.

=J having any impact on the story. Doesn't matter who his father really was - Jon is a STARK and his place is in the NORTH. Him marrying Dany would add insult to injury.

This, a thousand times this.

-Any more people coming back from the dead either as Un-whatevers or plot twists.

(I will be ok if Jon survives and is healed but please no zombie Jon.)

-Gregor/Roberts Strong not dying for good, and quickly in the next book.

-Ramsay and Roose surviving.

-Any of the Lannisters being Targs.

-Eddards bones not making it to Winterfell

-The Starks not retaking Winterfell.

-Barristan dying in a mundane way. (I know it is coming but I am hoping he has an epic end.)

I have to admit there are alot of thing people don't want to see that I do.

I would be totally fine with Jeyne Poole having escaped and having Robb's kid. In fact I never considered that until this board and the possibility while thin has me excited. I would even be ok with Jon not being R+L as long as there is an explination what the "promise" was and the secrecy. I also am totally fine if Aegon is the Aegon...

All the Starks having happy endings

Arya not becoming a FM

Jon being an unDead, I can cope with him surviving but not being brought back

If we never meet Howland Reed

Brienne taking Jaime to Stoneheart

Stoneheart existing for much longer

Tommen dying

-Stannis losing to the Boltons, although I don't think that will happen.

-Myrcella and Tommen dying. I think it's a done deal but it sucks.

-Jon turning into a zombie.

-Jeyne Westerling wasn't really switched.

-Aegon's real.

-Any more Starks dying and the Starks never being reunited.

-Dany ruling all Seven Kingdoms in the end.

-Dany and Jon = fornicate myself with a jagged iron stick.

-Any kind of cheap, last-minute "save the day!" crap with Dany and the dragons.

-All three dragons surviving.

-Sansa staying married to Tyrion.

-Someone other than Jaime being the valonqar.

-The North not retaining its independence.

-Balon Swann doesn't shove a morningstar up Darkstar's arse.

Everyone uniting against common enemy of some kind of evil empire. (Sauron, Galactic Empire, in this case the Others). Some kind of Ice vs Fire war could be interesting though. Dany+dragons+? vs the north+the others+? They could end up in peace negotiations at the end of the last book after dragons and others would be dead/gone/sleeping for the next 100 years.

Unbeatable dragons. I really hope the dragons aren't some kind of ultimate weapon that just owns everything. "We have been fighting for 10 years... oh look dragons, let's kneel and surrender"

1. Bran will influence people in the past.

2. Jon will become Coldhands!Jon, UnJon, or we will be getting his POV through Ghost until the very end of the series. I love him, but permanently dead Jon would be so much better than any of this.

3. Robb´s brat by Jeyne Westerling will become Lord of Winterfell. If this kid exists, I don´t care about him. At all. He´s offspring of Robb, for whom I have never really felt anything, and a girl, we´ve met twice (or was it three times?). No feelings attached. What´s more, unless GRRM will does a major time skip, Robb Jr. will be a baby when the series ends - we won´t know personality or anything, really. (If he exists,) I hope he´s a plot device whose death will cause something important to happen. I just really don´t care about him.

4. Aegon the Young Griff sitting on the Iron Throne at the end of the final instaltment. A case very similar to Robb Junior´s.

5. The Starks - and generally the Northeners - will remain morally superior to everybody else (with the exception of Davos and Brienne). Well, Bran isn´t anymore.

6. After defeating the purely evil Darth Others, Children of the Forest will conveniently go behind the (remains of the) Wall, where they will die out, giving the whole lebensraum to the humans. End of magic.

7. Tyrion being Aerys II´s bastard son by Joanna Lannister.

8. Tyrion mounting a dragon.

9. (Mainly if R+L=J) One of the duo Jon-Dany will kill the other one. (What, it´s quite popular!) I don´t wish the kinslayer´s fate on either of them.

10. I´ve forgotten this one: Sansa falling in love with Aegon the YG at the first sight. Bleurgh.

That Tyrion reunites with Sansa or Tysha who decide they're going to forget everything bad done to them and just randomly happen to love him because of his massive plot armour.

Sansa "getting over herself" and finding Tyrion attractive. :ack:

Sansa and Arya never reuniting. :crying:

This. A Thousan times this.

Also:

- Sansa never going back to Winterfell

- Sansa and Tyrion staying together "to bring peace to the realm"

- Sansa not being able to choose her husband

- Jon really being dead

- Sandor never leaving the QI

- Jaime and Cersei making up and getting back together

- Tyrion finding Tysha. She's been through enough, let her be.

- Dany not forgiving Jorah.

- Brienne killing Jaime

- Jaime killing Brienne

- All the characters that I can't stand not dying

- No positive changes in the status of women

The plot development I'm dreading the most is: Jon Snow is the result of R+L and not a son of Ned's. More importantly, romantification of rhaegar kidnapping and raping lyanna stark. I puke at this notion.

I would also be disappointed if Starks do not retake winterfell and the north.

The possibility of the Stark children never reuniting. Sansa is in Littlefinger's slimy clutches, Arya is "noone" on another continent, Bran is beyond the wall and completely immobilized, and Rickon is hanging with the unicorns and cannibals on another island as well. There is hope for Sansa and Rickon reuniting with Davos on his way to bring him back, but Bran and Arya may not ever see their siblings again. :crying:

Whatever Littlefinger plans to do with Sansa. I don't want to read that nasty, creepy shit either.

Melisandre resurrecting Jon. I want Jon back but not by her sucky hands!

Dany deciding to not move on to Westeros.

Theon's inevitable death. :frown5: I just hope he goes out fighting doing something right and not being executed by Stannis or Ramsay.

Nothing would make me angrier than a male character plunging a sword through the heart of an important female character (Dany, Melisandre, etc.), which I frequently see suggested, in order to "forge Lightbringer". No. Stop it. That would be stupid.

Daenerys going to Westeros and finally getting hit by the "Targaryen madness"... If she goes mad, I hope it has nothing to do with her genetics.

ETA: The existence of a "Great Other" ... Can't the Others simply have a complex hierarchy without having an evil mastermind leader?

The plot development I'm dreading the most is: Jon Snow is the result of R+L and not a son of Ned's. More importantly, romantification of rhaegar kidnapping and raping lyanna stark. I puke at this notion.

Just pointing out that Jon can be Rhaegar and Lyanna's son without the whole kidnapping-and-rape thing. If anything, it seems to have been consensual.

I have a really bad feeling that Davos is going to end up dead. I really want him to be able to go home to his new castle and be with what remains of his family.

Closes ears - LALALALALALALALALAALALALALALALALa

I can't hear you

LALALALALALALALALALAALALLALALA

Archived