Where is Jeyne Poole?

cuendillar

Reading the sample chapter, an oddity struck me:

"Oh, and take the Stark girl with you. Deliver her to Lord Commander Snow on your way to Eastwatch." Stannis tapped the parchment that lay before him. "A true king pays his debts."

Yet we also have Ramsay's infamous letter, where he demands his bride and his Reek back and mentions a seven-day victory over Stannis' forces.

The clinch is that the Winds of Winter sample takes place before Jon's chapter. It makes no sense for Ramsay (or anyone else) to make demands about people he expected to be elsewhere. As Ramsay is old enough to have lived through several Northern winters, he should be well aware of how travel gets bogged down once the snow comes for real. Obviously, Jeyne and Theon weren't at the Wall when the letter arrived and Jon was caesared - and before Jon's death Justin Massey had no reason to change directions.

If Ramsay expected Theon and "Arya" to have arrived at the Wall when he sent his letter of demands there, why weren't they there?

Also, just because he assumes they went to the wall does not mean they would. Remember he assumes they would go there was because he thinks that 'Arya' would naturally seek out her brother. However, she isn't Arya and Theon must be afraid that Jon knows what he did (sackWinterfell) and what he claimed to have done (murder Bran and Rickon). So even if Jeyne wanted to go the wall Theon probably would not. Now where they went I have no idea but my guess is they are with Stannis somewhere.

Also, just because he assumes they went to the wall does not mean they would. Remember he assumes they would go there was because he thinks that 'Arya' would naturally seek out her brother. However, she isn't Arya and Theon must be afraid that Jon knows what he did (sackWinterfell) and what he claimed to have done (murder Bran and Rickon). So even if Jeyne wanted to go the wall Theon probably would not. Now where they went I have no idea but my guess is they are with Stannis somewhere.

Theon sacked Winterfell?What are you talking about?

Ramsay can't be old enough to have lived through several Northern winters. Is he?

Each season seems to last years, if he'd live through several winters he would have lived through several springs, et cetera.

Bran is what? 12? And he hasn't lived through a winter yet.

Anyways I have no clue where Jeyne is hiding.

Don't want to turn this into a discussion about who sent the letter. Regardless of this, a few things are to consider from the sample chapter:

Theon and Jeyne are most likely not travelling together. IIRC Jeyne is supposed to leave with Justin Massey while Theon is still a prisoner of Stannis. And Stannis plans to execute Theon.

For Jeyne, she should be travelling with Justin, but they could have been lost, taking a detour, trapped in another snowstorm, ... Also Jeyne was in poor condition, she could have died.

For Theon, he could have been executed before the Freys and Manderleys reached Stannis' camp. And if Stannis burned him, he would be hard to identify, regardless how the battle went.

Alternatively, the battle went as most of us expect with the Manderleys attacking the Freys and then returning with Stannis' sword to fake his death. They would then tell that Theon and Jeyne escaped.

Ramsay can't be old enough to have lived through several Northern winters. Is he?

He's probably in his early-to-mid twenties. He's described as a "young man," but I sincerely doubt he's a teen. Slightly older than Theon, maybe.

Ramsay isn't much older than Theon, so he may have seen 1 winter and was probably too young to even remember it.

From what I could tell from the letter, etc, Ramsay thought Theon and Jeyne went to the wall because he captured and tortured Mance and or the guy who was blowing the war horn outside of Winterfell. He does not know if Theon is with Stannis, obviously, because he lies about wiping out Stannis' forces yet does not mention Theon at all.

It is possible that the winter battle had already occurred and Manderly fed Ramsay false info about Stannis being smashed when in reality the Freys were smashed and Stannis is setting up right outside Winterfell. But, even in this scenario, the leaked Theon chapter in TWoW doesn't make time sense.

Sacked, attacked, conquered, took by force call what you will, Theons actions would a least make him hesitant to go the wall.

There is a big difference in those terms.There was a sacking of WF, but not by Theon.

I believe jeyne poole is currently on her way to the wall, and will be identified as an imposter by rickon or perhaps melissandre or even jon. If stannis sent the bravosi banker and the knight back to castle black en route to eastwatch and bravos they would have a very good chance of getting there eventually, it would only be a matter of time

I agree with aryagonnakill. Think about, it's logical. Theon attacking Winterfell, however, is not. He is struggling with his identity, and he is scared of Ramsay like hell. He has given up. He could have told Stannis that the girl is imposter, or even about Bran and Rickon. I know no one might believe him, but he didn't even try. And if he did attack Winterfell, why would he take a little girl who can do nothing with him? Jeyne Poole is on her way to Eastwatch by the Sea. I don't think it needs a lot of speculation. We might yet again get surprised by GRRM, but logically, this is the best explanation at hand. Whereabouts of Jeyne Westerling, however, is one mysterious thing, though it'd be off-topic to discuss it here.

• 2 months later...

I believe jeyne poole is currently on her way to the wall, and will be identified as an imposter by rickon or perhaps melissandre or even jon. If stannis sent the bravosi banker and the knight back to castle black en route to eastwatch and bravos they would have a very good chance of getting there eventually, it would only be a matter of time

Ya Jeyne Poole is on her way to the wall where on the way she will probably will hear that LC has been executed and she will be caught between WF stannis and wall.

Archived