[TV Spoilers] Where was Bran at the last episode?

Will Segatto

Now I'm confused...

Bran is Winterfell when the Greyjoys took control of it.

With Osha's help, Rickon, Hodor, Osha and Bran escapes Winterfell. The farm children are killed and Bran stay hidden.

Now, the Greyjoys find themselves sieged inside Winterfell.

a) First question: who is in the outside?

The Greyjoys decide to fight and die. Fine.

Now, Osha leaves their hideout and find everything burned and dead, but there is no one there!

b) Where are they at that time?

Now Maester Luwin is dying at the tree and he says that "they may come back".

c) Who are "they"? Aren't the enemies (Greyjoy) dead?

This confused me a little.

Best regards,

Will

In the show, the Greyjoy men were never killed. They knocked out Theon and assumingly gave him to the Northmen outside the gates to buy their own passage home. The men outside the gates were Northmen under the control of Roose's bastard son. And even though they were Northmen they burned Winterfell to the ground and assumingly killed or captured all it's inhabitants and then returned to their own castle the Dreadfort. You wouldn't be able to get all this from the show without knowledge from the books, I don't think.

It's okay to be confused about it, it's not exactly supposed to make sense.

It was shown at the end of episode 8 that in fact Osha, Hodor and the kids were hiding in the crypts of Winterfell after first leaving and then doubling back while the Ironmen were on the hunt.

Winterfell was burned to the ground while they were in hiding.

Now I'm confused...

Bran is Winterfell when the Greyjoys took control of it.

With Osha's help, Rickon, Hodor, Osha and Bran escapes Winterfell. The farm children are killed and Bran stay hidden.

Now, the Greyjoys find themselves sieged inside Winterfell.

a) First question: who is in the outside?

The Greyjoys decide to fight and die. Fine.

Now, Osha leaves their hideout and find everything burned and dead, but there is no one there!

B) Where are they at that time?

Now Maester Luwin is dying at the tree and he says that "they may come back".

c) Who are "they"? Aren't the enemies (Greyjoy) dead?

This confused me a little.

Best regards,

Will

Outside are Bolton men led by Ramsey Snow, Roose Bolton's bastard.They are the ones who burn an sack Winterfell and take Theon prisoner. Osha, Hodor, and the boys are hiding in the crypts under Winterfell when they come out to find everything burned and everyone dead.

Why on earth do the northmen burn winterfell?

Without giving any specific book spoilers... think what we know of Roose Bolton and what little we know of his bastard so far.

Roose, as one online commenter has said, has all the makings of a Russian or even Nazi villain from an 80s movie, very cold, clever and unfeeling.

Robb listens to him because Bolton is his most experienced lieutenant, but you've gotta figure from his creepy face and mannerisms that Roose is up to no good.

And his bastard?? We haven't met him yet, but we do know that in Westeros people believe that bastards, who by definiton were conveived under circumstances of betrayal and dishonor, have bastard blood (i.e., treachery) running through their veins.

were conveived under circumstances of betrayal and dishonor, have bastard blood (i.e., treachery) running through their veins.

Like Jon Snow. What exactly is a TV spoiler butt not a book spoiler at this point?

What exactly is a TV spoiler butt not a book spoiler at this point?

Depends how many episodes you've seen :-D

There are a lot of shows that I love but I'm not caught up (GoT is not one of them). I have them on my DVR and in my On Demand menu.

Without giving any specific book spoilers... think what we know of Roose Bolton and what little we know of his bastard so far.

Roose, as one online commenter has said, has all the makings of a Russian or even Nazi villain from an 80s movie, very cold, clever and unfeeling.

Robb listens to him because Bolton is his most experienced lieutenant, but you've gotta figure from his creepy face and mannerisms that Roose is up to no good.

And his bastard?? We haven't met him yet, but we do know that in Westeros people believe that bastards, who by definiton were conveived under circumstances of betrayal and dishonor, have bastard blood (i.e., treachery) running through their veins.

Well that's just it...the show doesn't reveal much about him at all to be honest. He does come across cruel and calculating but you can easily put that down to hating the southerners. Apart from that he seems very obedient and doesn't seem to challenge Rob on much. That's why when I saw winterfell burning I was really confused.

I guess it's just one more plot twist that Mr Martin has woven in.

I think you picked the wrong time to make a cup of tea here...

I was blind-sided by this not just because of the book but even the TV guide description of this episode was: "Theon inspires his men to act". Just didn't tell me which action they would take I suppose.

A mod needs to get in here and clean out all these book spoilers. I can't believe someone with 1500 posts dropped a book spoiler like that in a tv spoiler thread, sheesh.

Use the report button. You can even report my non-specific spoiler about Roose being shady and bastards being untrustworthy

It's not supposed to make sense. Re-watch the episode and try to peace it together.

Bran and co. are hiding in the crypts in winterfell

Ironborn knock out Theon, start to head out the gate to deliver him to Rooses bastard

Why would the Ironborn burn Winterfell then if they were about to get off free?

Next scene, the whole castle is burned to the ground, and Luwin is saying they may come back?

You will have to wait until season 3 to get any sort of details. You could read the books too which I would recommend :)

Archived