Vote : Who will rule westeros?

Daenerys.

I don't think there would have been such a build up for five (maybe even six) books to her coming to Westeros if she was only going to fail. Also there's not that many people left with a valid claim to throne and of those she's probably the best suited to ruling Westeros even though she's far from ideal. Also. Dragons. They're going to be pretty hard to beat. Speaking of which, dragons seem practically hand-designed to fight the white walkers so it seems likely that that's what will happen in which case they can hardly reject Dany's claim to the throne when she's just saved all their arses.

To me it seems fairly obvious that Jon Snow will ultmately sit the Iron Throne, given that GRRM actually finishes these books.

The real trick would be predicting who will sit it afer Tommen dies. My predictions:

Stannis

Wylis Tyrell and Sansa

Daenerys

Jon and Daenerys

Then Jon alone

I may have missed a few, especially if the series runs to eight books

• Queen Daenerys Targaryen
  • Her Hand, Tyrion Lannister
  • Warden of the North: Sansa Stark
  • Ruler of Iron Islands: Asha Greyjoy

I don't know about the rest, Jon is too obvious for a king or a husband for Dany. I somehow think that Dany will end up with Tyrion....

I like the way you think. :)

Dany & Tyrion? Hmmm never thought of that one.

I like the way you think. :)

Dany & Tyrion? Hmmm never thought of that one.

Well it is far-fetched, but I have this theory that Dany will be attracted to Tyrion in a weird way, at first she will feel sorry for him but then when she finds out that he is the Kingslayer's brother things will change. Tyrion is from Westeros and he is very smart, perhaps smarter than any man Dany has met. Him being her Hand can duplicate Tywin/Aerys relationship. Plus GRRM has a thing for Beauty and the Beast type relationships: Sansa/Sandor, Brienne/Jaime. I wouldn;t be surprised if at some point Dany and Tyrion start having feelings for each other.

I also have a theory that Tyrion will be Dany's betrayal for love, he will eventually forsake her for Jaime...

In any case, anyone who isn't Daario would be perfect for Dany.

Well it is far-fetched, but I have this theory that Dany will be attracted to Tyrion in a weird way, at first she will feel sorry for him but then when she finds out that he is the Kingslayer's brother things will change. Tyrion is from Westeros and he is very smart, perhaps smarter than any man Dany has met. Him being her Hand can duplicate Tywin/Aerys relationship. Plus GRRM has a thing for Beauty and the Beast type relationships: Sansa/Sandor, Brienne/Jaime. I wouldn;t be surprised if at some point Dany and Tyrion start having feelings for each other.

I also have a theory that Tyrion will be Dany's betrayal for love, he will eventually forsake her for Jaime...

Danelle, you always come up with such wonderful ideas. I haven't thought about this, but actually it sounds quite nice. Tyrion would disguise his real identity from Dany, because he knows how she would react to his Lannister name. He would need to convince the Second Sons to keep his identity secret mind, but I believe he could do this. I think Tyrion could really mature Danaerys, by informing her of her inheritence in a non-judgemental but non-whitewashing way. Whether she could actually love him at first, I don't know, it would take time. She seems to care for aesthetics and physical prowess. Drago was the beautiful Dothraki warrior; Daario, the exotic and alluring sellsword. It would need to be a very different type of love, asexual at first. I think he could love her almost right away though - in the same way he loved Shae.

The idea of him betraying her for Jaime would be the best, too. I need to see them reconciled in an epic, sacrificial way (though, if they could both survive that would be great too!) Plus we know from Qaithe that she has to beware the lion - maybe this is why.

Jon Snow as king if there is an Iron Throne and Seven Kingdoms at the end of the series.

Bran as Lord of Winterfell. Rickon as Lord of the Dreadfort. Sansa as Lady of the Eyrie or some other great castle with a husband who is good to her. Arya as a Knight of the Kingsguard for Jon.

That's my wishful thinking for my beloved Stark family. :)

Oh, I've never though of Dany and Tyrion before. It could work, for me. And I also like the idea of Tyrion betraying her for Jaime, and yes anyone who isn't Daario. ANYONE!

Even Robert Strong *Cough* Gregor* *Cough*

I think she will definitely realize how smart Tyrion is. He would definitely be the perfect Hand for her in my opinion. GRRM certainly does like Beauty and the Beast type relationships. So who knows? Dany and Tyrion could happen. I personally ship Dany with someone else but....:dunno:

And YES, ANYONE BUT DAARIO! (Sorry for the all caps, I just really don't like Daario. Dany deserves better.)

• 11 months later...

I think it's clear that Jon Snow is the PTWP and furthermore given that; New Aegon will likely die (;introduced too late in the series to claim such a central role), as will Dany at the very end.

John Snow is

1) A rightful heir to the throne as the son of Rheagar T.

2) The rightful heir to Winterfell and throne of the North by Royal degree of Robb Stark KitN

3) Will likely marry Val and claim the wildlings by right of strength

As for his vows you may ask?

Authors rarely introduce an idea or object simply to not use them. The Horn of Joremon has been found (maybe the broken one that Sam found) and it will be fixed and the wall will come one in one super epic chapter. No wall = no watch. J/S will lead the forces of life against the Others who distain all that lives and in the end will be left to rule them all.

That's too happy-happy for ASOIAF...

Sansa has lost her wolf; in a sense she's lost her cosmic connection to the North. Think about it, had RS heeded the warning of Greywind he may be alive; he ignored his wolf and died for it.

I think Sansa will start to play the game of thrones and move from pawn to player- and in the end kill LF.

Jon Snow as king if there is an Iron Throne and Seven Kingdoms at the end of the series.

Bran as Lord of Winterfell. Rickon as Lord of the Dreadfort. Sansa as Lady of the Eyrie or some other great castle with a husband who is good to her. Arya as a Knight of the Kingsguard for Jon.

That's my wishful thinking for my beloved Stark family. :)

Pyretic victory.

Dany can't have a heir- and hence cannot rule.

She will die in the final battle, possibly buying victory with her life, for she is mother of dragons, dragons are fire, and fire.... is life.

Daenerys.

I don't think there would have been such a build up for five (maybe even six) books to her coming to Westeros if she was only going to fail. Also there's not that many people left with a valid claim to throne and of those she's probably the best suited to ruling Westeros even though she's far from ideal. Also. Dragons. They're going to be pretty hard to beat. Speaking of which, dragons seem practically hand-designed to fight the white walkers so it seems likely that that's what will happen in which case they can hardly reject Dany's claim to the throne when she's just saved all their arses.

Several. After Tommen (who will die a clumsy death), the Myrcella plot will thicken, but I think this will be tied with (f)Aegon. (f)Aegon will sit the throne with either the false Baratheon Myrcella or Margaery Tyrell. Stannis will march against (f)Aegon and die. Dany will destroy (f)Aegon when she learns he is false. Jon will have his claim when KL is destroyed by dragons, but he will not want it. Dany's dragons will all die. Jon will defer to his sister Sansa and Tyrion.

In the end, it's Tyrion and Sansa.

call me crackpot... this is speculation, right? Tyrion and Sansa is my answer.

I can't see any of the big players surviving to be honest. If Dany survives it will be because she realises if she were to rule Westeros she'd be the ruler of nothing but ashes. The three Lannister siblings will most likely all die together, Stannis is a goner as is Euron.

In the aftermath of whatever cataclysmic event the series will lead to the Maesters and the Septons will choose who rules...it will probably be a marriage between north and south to keep the majority happy.

I'm guessing Lancel (the Maesters and Septons will find a claim) and Sansa will be married.

I also think the land north of the wall will be opened up, at least for trade if not added to the Kingdoms, and Jon will be crowned King of the (true) North

Archived