Jon and Sansa {Not Shipping}

SteelAndSnow

If Jon is outted as a Targaryen, Dany would be Jon's heir (until he has trueborn children), not the other way around. She might even try to kill him to move up the line of succession.

Potentially, but it isn't as if Jon can't decide for himself that he doesn't want to be king. Daenerys has actually shown a desire to be queen.

Potentially, but it isn't as if Jon can't decide for himself that he doesn't want to be king. Daenerys has actually shown a desire to be queen.

Yes, and the line of succession means less than shit when one of the contenders has Dragon's and one big, badass army.

Those are some good points.

However, there are still 2(+) books left, so that means Sansa could change more into that type of girl, or Jon's preference in woman could change, or both. Like I said before, it is not the most ideal relationship, but I can see it being possible considering what they have gone through, that is where the weird attraction would stem from. Also, if Sansa ends up ruling the Vale or something, their might also be a political advantage to marrying her. If Jon and Sansa got together, it's not going to be under normal sercumstances, so to me, factors like her not being his exact "type", won't really matter as much, because if something were to happen to allow them to get over thinking of each other as brother and sister, then that would probably allow Jon to get over her not being his type. Sansa being Jon's sister is a bigger obstacle than Sansa not being Jon's "type", if they can get past that, then they can get past anything.

As for Sansa looking like Catelyn, I tend to believe that is starting to change a little as she gets older. It's like Littlefinger says, Sansa is becoming far more beautiful than Cateyln ever was. So if she looks way better than Catelyn ever did, then she can't look exactly like Catelyn.

Sansa does have Catelyn's features. She's just a prettier version. IMO, that would be a boner kill for him. He still thinks back negatively to Catelyn in ADWD.

I don't think that Sansa is poised to make the shift into the warrior woman type. She's supposed to be either learning the skills to undo LF or be a good queen consort/lady with some political knowledge.

Jon liked it when Val told him that she was not a southron lady but a woman of the free folk. I think he wants something different. Dany is definitely different. Dorne is culturally different than the rest so Arianne would fit too. EDIT: Although less so. I don't really see Jon/Arianne as a love match but a political one.

I think it makes sense for Dany to make that shift into being his type while Jon simultaneously makes the shift into being a more grey character which arguably could be Dany's type.

Sansa does have Catelyn's features. She's just a prettier version. IMO, that would be a boner kill for him. He still thinks back negatively to Catelyn in ADWD.

I don't think that Sansa is poised to make the shift into the warrior woman type. She's supposed to be either learning the skills to undo LF or be a good queen consort/lady with some political knowledge.

Jon liked it when Val told him that she was not a southron lady but a woman of the free folk. I think he wants something different. Dany is definitely different. Dorne is culturally different than the rest so Arianne would fit too. EDIT: Although less so. I don't really see Jon/Arianne as a love match but a political one.

I think it makes sense for Dany to make that shift into being his type while Jon simultaneously makes the shift into being a more grey character which arguably could be Dany's type.

I definitely agree with you about Jon and Dany being far more likely, and that's is also what I would proffer to happen.

Like I said before, with Sansa it's a longshot, but I do feel it's possible under specific circumstances, and under those same circumstances, I think they could make it work, and be good for each other.

I definitely agree with you about Jon and Dany being far more likely, and that's is also what I would proffer to happen.

Like I said before, with Sansa it's a longshot, but I do feel it's possible under specific circumstances, and under those same circumstances, I think they could make it work, and be good for each other.

Dany is one of those chicks who only hooks up with guys that are kind of evil. She needs something about the hook-up itself to be kind of wrong. She'd never go for a stand-up dude like Jon. She's more likely to get with Victarion.

And John is into Northern girls... he's into wildling chicks. Him and Val... that's the hookup.

Sansa doesn't even seem to want boys or want sex at all... she's way young still, was abused by Joffrey, now she's getting borderline molested by LF. Poor girl needs a big brother more than anything.

Geez... the whole point of Starks is that they aren't Lannisters. No way Sansa and Jon would hook up.

If anything they'd be so happy to see that the other one was still alive and they'd try to talk things out and help each other... like a normal brother and sister.

Dany is one of those chicks who only hooks up with guys that are kind of evil. She needs something about the hook-up itself to be kind of wrong. She'd never go for a stand-up dude like Jon. She's more likely to get with Victarion.

And John is into Northern girls... he's into wildling chicks. Him and Val... that's the hookup.

Sansa doesn't even seem to want boys or want sex at all... she's way young still, was abused by Joffrey, now she's getting borderline molested by LF. Poor girl needs a big brother more than anything.

Geez... the whole point of Starks is that they aren't Lannisters. No way Sansa and Jon would hook up.

If anything they'd be so happy to see that the other one was still alive and they'd try to talk things out and help each other... like a normal brother and sister.

There are those of us who believe Jon is going to become more of a grey character after his stabbing. Not a bad guy mind you, but still someone who is willing to put honor aside for the big picture. Jon will see where honor got him, and his whole family, so he will start to change because of that. So he will be more Dany's type by the time they meet each other.

I also kind of resent the idea that Dany only likes evil men. First, we only have two examples to go off of, so it's kind of hard to say that for sure. Secondly, Dany didn't even pick Khal Drogo, she just learned to love him, opposed to the relationship they had up until that point.

There are also political reasons that could be beneficial for Jon and Dany to get together. So it may not be just because they are each others "type".

As for Jon and Sansa, they are not brother and sister, much less twins, so they could still get together without being the Lannisters. As for Sansa not wanting sex, or a relationship, there is still a bunch of story left, and a lot can happen. Besides, she is just now getting to the age to wear she would be thinking about sex and a relationship, and she is starting to think about that stuff, because she thinks about Sandor kissing her, and that never actually happened, even though she thinks it did.

I have said many times though, that I know Jon and Sansa are not the most logical pairing, but I feel it could happen under the right circumstances, and if it happened I would not be angry about it, that's for sure.

I don't understand why putting aside honour is seen a being/going grey. The act can be honorable,yet means don't have to - for example.

Jon and Sansa are brother and sister,end of story. Raised by same father,with same principles,not matter of technicality but the way they were brought up.

Early in ACoK Sansa saw Slynt at court receiving his lordship for his part in selling out and then executing her father, and she wished someone would throw him down and cut his head off. I wonder how she'll react if the word gets to the Vale that Jon whacked Slynt.

I think any of the Stark children seeing each other again would result in just a spill of emotions, due to what they've been through and the common loved ones they've lost

Even Arya, I think, would break down and cry if she was ever reunited with Sansa, Rickon, Bran and especially Jon

Okay, I was really hoping this wouldn't turn into a shipping thread (hence the topic) but here goes :dunno: . I personally don't think Jon/Sansa would ever work; like Bushido pointed out it's not a matter of technicality but the way they were brought up. And all those people who say they don't think of each other as brother-sister, why? There are numerous examples in the books of them both thinking of each other with the rest of their siblings. I was just reading ACOK and Jon thinks about Sansa at Craster's Keep and that village (White-what?) and Sansa prayed for him with the rest of her family during Blackwater - with the rest of her siblings BEFORE praying for her father and mother. So no, I really don't think they will ever be more than siblings and I think that's the better relationship for them to have. I really want to see them mending things and having a strong relationship.

HOWEVER, putting that aside and presuming that they might make a match of it- wouldn't it be pointless? Even if Sansa miraculously takes the Vale, Arianne or Dany would make a better match politically. I mean, they already have a relationship and Sansa WOULD support Jon. So a marriage between them would be politically useless because they'd be gaining nothing by it.

I really think Sansa will stay with Tyron in the end. Its sort of a redemption for both of them. And their love for the political games, plots, history, partys citys, courts, make them a likely couple. Tyron was good to her, and he missed her many times. She missed him too... And he beeing the heir of Casterly Rock would ensure peace between lion and direwolf.

It would be mainly a twist in the expected course of things, like GRRM likes to do...

I really think Sansa will stay with Tyron in the end. Its sort of a redemption for both of them. And their love for the political games, plots, history, partys citys, courts, make them a likely couple. Tyron was good to her, and he missed her many times. She missed him too... And he beeing the heir of Casterly Rock would ensure peace between lion and direwolf.

It would be mainly a twist in the expected course of things, like GRRM likes to do...

Tyrion helped the Lannisters in a war to eradicate the Starks and then later also agreed to force Sansa to marry him for her claim, there's no chance in hell that he trying to stay with Sansa doesn't result in more war- the only chance for peace is if he gets the marriage anulled, otherwise either the Starks or their bannermen will have him killed.

Sansa had no love of Tyrion. Yes he was kind to her, but she never trusted him and hid all her emotions from him (such as when she showed no emotions to his news that her Mother and Brother were murdered until there was a thick oak door between them where she cried thinking he couldn't hear her). When she thinks of him and he makes suggestions Sansa constantly thinks that he is attempting to trick her into stating anything treasonous often thinking about it being a Lannister trick, and always thinking that he was a Lannister and as such could not be trusted like any of them. Also never thinking of herself as a Lannister during the marriage or at any point (Kevan Lannister in fact was the only person to think of her as such). After she escapes she dreams of Tyrion whilst she was forced to lie naked on her bed shivering in fear, but in that dream Tyrion turns into Sansor instead. After that at times she talks to Littlefinger about Tyrion and admitts that he wasn't so bad to her in hindsight, but then never even thinks of him after in later chapters so obviously had no feelings towards him.

Tyrion was good to her as best as he could through the marriage, but although aroused by her on the wedding night refused to do anything as she clearly was disgusted by him and showed no willingness to bed him. As such through the marriage he kept by her, but disapeared every night to bed Shae who he actually had real feelings for. Then of course after Sansa disapears and he is imprisoned he shows frustration at her abandoning her, but never mourning (for lack of a better word) her disapearance. When he then escapes and and goes into exile anytime he thinks not to Sansa at any real point, but to his first wife whom Tywin had gang raped and treated as a whore and wondered what ever happened to her and if she still felt for him. But not this for Sansa so clearly the two did not care for each other in the slightest. Tyrion though Sansa was a bit stupid and Sansa through Tyrion was a grotest creep of a evil family of murders.

I could never see the two together in any way. Expecting Tyrion to infact marry Penny at some stage upon taking Casterly Rock to foul all over Tywins grave.

Tyrion helped the Lannisters in a war to eradicate the Starks and then later also agreed to force Sansa to marry him for her claim, there's no chance in hell that he trying to stay with Sansa doesn't result in more war- the only chance for peace is if he gets the marriage anulled, otherwise either the Starks or their bannermen will have him killed.

I don't see where Tyron helped to eradicate the Starks... Is more like he killed the man that would probably finish the job... He didin't participate in Bran's case, nor in the Red Wedding. He wasn't there when Ned was beheaded, neither when Arya escaped... But he helped Jon at the Wall, and Bran to ride again. He saved Sansa many times, and risked his life to do so. He faced his judgment without trying to blame her, and again, he was kind to her without any profit.

Sansa is learning to play. She will soon notice that a inteligent, rich and kind husbund is better than a gallant knight. She, that always admired and desired a handsome prince, (that proved to be a real monster), decideing to honor her mariage with a twisted dwarf, would be a nice twist.

I don't see where Tyron helped to eradicate the Starks... Is more like he killed the man that would probably finish the job... He didin't participate in Bran's case, nor in the Red Wedding. He wasn't there when Ned was beheaded, neither when Arya escaped... But he helped Jon at the Wall, and Bran to ride again. He saved Sansa many times, and risked his life to do so. He faced his judgment without trying to blame her, and again, he was kind to her without any profit.

Sansa is learning to play. She will soon notice that a inteligent, rich and kind husbund is better than a gallant knight. She, that always admired and desired a handsome prince, (that proved to be a real monster), decideing to honor her mariage with a twisted dwarf, would be a nice twist.

It doesn't matter how much of a role Tyrion played: just the fact he was there as one of the most trusted Lannister officers, the man Tywin sent to handle King's Landing for him while he was away, it was enough. And without him, there would be no Lannister victory.

And her marriage was one at swordpoint- she has no reason to keep it, and there's no point in honor it.

I agree with the others who have said Tyrion and Sansa will not get together. I really can't see it happening, even if Tyrion is good at the game. If Sansa does become obsessed with playing the game, then she will learn to do it on her own, and she wouldn't want Tyrion as a game partner, that's not what Littlefinger would do, and he is the one teaching her how to play. So I think Sansa will possibly marty for political gain, but not to someone like Tyrion, it would be with someone that she can control, like with Olenna Tyrell and her late husband. Sansa's husband will be the figurehead, and she will be the brains.

That's what I think anyway, if she does become a major player of the game. If not, well then I could see her actually marrying for happiness. That would be kind of nice, and she deserves it, but I do not know how likely that is to happen.

Jon and Sansa never really seemed to be close - is something most people here have mentioned, and I do agree with that.

In the beginning we met them when they didn`t have any real death-threatening worries or conscerns in their lives, and then it seems that they didn`t have any real or emotional relationship. They knew they were related and siblings, but Sansa always seemed in my mind to think less of Jon because of his status as a bastard and not trueborn. She was a highborn lady, beautiful and with perfect manners, Jon was just her fathers bastard.

I have never been any fan of Sansa Stark, I must admit that. Her chapters have been a nightmare at times getting threw, because of her stupid obsession with songs, knights, fairytales and everything beautiful. She has been so naive and pathetic, if I can say that without being to mean, and her attitude towards Arya and her disgust of her sister enjoying the company of simple commoners, just is disgusting.

But as much as I don`t like her, I have had to watch her grow up and realize that the fairytales does not exist, and she has truly been in a horrible situation ever since Ned Stark died.

I hope her experiences have made her unleash potential and qualities that have been hidden in the previous books, and that she can grow to become a stronger, independent and more sympatethic person.

I think that if a reunion between her and Jon ever is to take place, it won`t be as warm and heartfelt as if she had met any other member of her family, but I do still believe that they would be happy to see eachother. They are still family and siblings, and they do believe that they are the only ones left alive.

It doesn't matter how much of a role Tyrion played: just the fact he was there as one of the most trusted Lannister officers, the man Tywin sent to handle King's Landing for him while he was away, it was enough. And without him, there would be no Lannister victory.

And her marriage was one at swordpoint- she has no reason to keep it, and there's no point in honor it.

We will see! :box: :cool4:

GRRM loves to shock everybody...

People get so prickly about Sansa calling the precious Jon Snow "only her half-brother". I have a half-brother and a half-sister and I always thought of them as my half-brother and half-sister, even if we grew up together and were raised together. Actually she likes and thinks about Jon far more than I do my half siblings now that we don't live together anymore.

Archived