Best Epilogue for tWow

This is my first topic and first post. Yay!

What would be the best ending to tWoW, in your opinion? I imagine with the collective imaginations of this forum, there must be some great ones.

My might be uninspired and completely take L+R=J as assumed fact. POV of Howland Reed at the ToJ with Ned. Discussing the fight and why there would be KG at the tower. Scene between Lyanna and Ned, very touching. Ned holds the child in his arms and says, "We'll call him Jon Snow and the world will think him just another bastard."

I would die.

If we find out who Jon Snow's parents are in TWOW and given if it is R+L, then I would like the epilogue to be Lady Stoneheart dying and finding out who Jon's parents out are. As she dies, she dies knowing Ned was always faithful to her.

Something ending like this for the irony...

Varys was as cold as ice, and every labored breath sent a fresh stab of pain through him. He glimpsed movement, heard the soft scuffling sound of feet on stone. A girl of around 16 emerged from a pool of darkness, in her hand the dagger. "Who are you" he asked, "no one" she replied.

I think the Wall falling will be a natural ending for TWOW, but I don't know if it'll be the last chapter. (Tywin's death wasn't the last chapter of the third book, and the betrayal of Jon wasn't the last chapter of book five.) I suspect that GRRM will want to end on a somewhat quieter note.

I think twow will be about as fast paced and eventful as Storm of Swords, and the best epilogue to me would be the showdown between Sandor (champ of the Faith) and UnGregor - Sandor, of course being victorious by using fire. And then it ends off with Cersei's shrill scream of despair. Man that sounds chillingly awesome

Jon stark the king in the north and riverlands siting Happily in the twins surrounded by his Bannermen of the north and riverlands, eating frey/bolton pie and preparing to march back to the wall to defend the realm against others. sigh, I can dream...

I think twow will be about as fast paced and eventful as Storm of Swords, and the best epilogue to me would be the showdown between Sandor (champ of the Faith) and UnGregor - Sandor, of course being victorious by using fire. And then it ends off with Cersei's shrill scream of despair. Man that sounds chillingly awesome

Cersei's trial was due to start five days after the epilogue in ADWD. Even assuming that Kevan's death disrupts that to a degree, it's not going to be delayed for the months that TWOW will undoubtedly cover.

I've long assumed that the penultimate book would end via a POV at Castle Black as the Wall comes crashing down. That said, given the pace of the series and the uncertainty over whether The Winds of Winter is truly the second to last book, I don't know what to expect. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the book got broken into two much in the same way that A Dance with Dragons was.

If we find out who Jon Snow's parents are in TWOW and given if it is R+L, then I would like the epilogue to be Lady Stoneheart dying and finding out who Jon's parents out are. As she dies, she dies knowing Ned was always faithful to her.

I really like this idea. Cat and Ned both deserve this.

Archived